S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it gonna be web exclusive?

It is! I was curious to see whether or not it would have been. I didn't think it was but then I looked at the calendar again and it has the "soul web shop limited" in the description.

I'm a self-proclaimed brown-shipper whore but, as of now, I have no problem with waiting for the Western market release.

I would really appreciate it if Tamashii releases either Super Saiyan 4 Goku or Majin Vegeta, ideally both, between September - December. I have a strong feeling the next few releases will be Jaco, Champa, and Vados and, to be honest, I have absolutely no excitement for their releases.

Edited: Kanji from DragonBallFigures pointed out that the price is 5,200 yen + tax. Tamashii better fix the bottom half of the figure and make it similar to Broly or something. I really don't want to pay that much for a figure that will have limited mobility.

great, at least we know the schedule
but kinda hope for new products from the original series than the super series...

Exactly! If Tamashii wants to focus on Super, they should release them in between Dragon Ball/Z/GT releases. (Now while GT is debatable, the market and fan base is there.) I'm afraid by the end of the year we're going to look back at 2016 and have a lackluster feeling. I don't want to feel that way. Tamashii needs to announce one of the most desired releases before 2016 is over.

I wanted to ask, about your customizing, if you are planning on purchasing/taking the S.H. Figuarts Pale Man and using it for a Goku custom? I'm not sure if the skin tone will be on point but the waist joint seems to be similar to SWA Goku and may work easier and appear better than Kinnikuman.

Anyone else honestly like Whis? Beerus is cool I cannot deny that. But sorry for saying this if I cause you to never unsee this image.

Whis looks like something straight from sailor moon. Everything from the ring to his stance, also his voice. And for him to be stronger than Beerus I just can't take seriously. It's like they are going for the feminine pretty boy Zarbon look with Whis but what made Zarbon cool was his stronger ugly monster form. Whis has nothing interesting and seems so out of place in design and cool factor.

It is! I was curious to see whether or not it would have been. I didn't think it was but then I looked at the calendar again and it has the "soul web shop limited" in the description.

I'm a self-proclaimed brown-shipper whore but, as of now, I have no problem with waiting for the Western market release.

I would really appreciate it if Tamashii releases either Super Saiyan 4 Goku or Majin Vegeta, ideally both, between September - December. I have a strong feeling the next few releases will be Jaco, Champa, and Vados and, to be honest, I have absolutely no excitement for their releases.

Edited: Kanji from DragonBallFigures pointed out that the price is 5,200 yen + tax. Tamashii better fix the bottom half of the figure and make it similar to Broly or something. I really don't want to pay that much for a figure that will have limited mobility.
I'm not interested in Whis enough to have him in the shipper box. I'll stick with bluefin on this one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Exactly! If Tamashii wants to focus on Super, they should release them in between Dragon Ball/Z/GT releases. (Now while GT is debatable, the market and fan base is there.) I'm afraid by the end of the year we're going to look back at 2016 and have a lackluster feeling. I don't want to feel that way. Tamashii needs to announce one of the most desired releases before 2016 is over.

I wanted to ask, about your customizing, if you are planning on purchasing/taking the S.H. Figuarts Pale Man and using it for a Goku custom? I'm not sure if the skin tone will be on point but the waist joint seems to be similar to SWA Goku and may work easier and appear better than Kinnikuman.

Do you mean the body-kun? I think im not going to buy it because it is not muscular enough. And i m quite satisfied with the current custom, i modified him a bit by cutting short one of the joint to have a better proportion , and added some blood on it :)

Anyone else honestly like Whis? Beerus is cool I cannot deny that. But sorry for saying this if I cause you to never unsee this image.

Whis looks like something straight from sailor moon. Everything from the ring to his stance, also his voice. And for him to be stronger than Beerus I just can't take seriously. It's like they are going for the feminine pretty boy Zarbon look with Whis but what made Zarbon cool was his stronger ugly monster form. Whis has nothing interesting and seems so out of place in design and cool factor.
I like the setting of whis, there are still so many mysteries behind him. Being the caretaker of god of destruction, but he is more like the manager of the universe. The ability to reverse time, and a lot of mysterious power...Honestly the apperarance is not very attractive, not so in DB style. From an interview of toriyama he stated that he wants to portray whis as a "beautiful boy". I still appreciate his attempt, its always feel easier to accept a new character knowing how the original author want to portray it.

I love Whis, I love how queer he is, he brings new dynamics instead of the macho stereotype, the fact that he is the stronger being in U7 is even cooler in my opinion.

Do you mean the body-kun? I think im not going to buy it because it is not muscular enough. And i m quite satisfied with the current custom, i modified him a bit by cutting short one of the joint to have a better proportion , and added some blood on it :)

I would like to say I think you're super cool making interesting customs like that. Great job! As for Whis, I think he's so cool. He's so mysterious but seems to be such a powerhouse. This man has matter and time manipulation. The only other top-tier thing he doesn't have is reality warping. He's very cool and looks, pretty boy or not, don't really matter. Hope we get at least some of the questions about him answered in the future.

Sent from Mako using Tapatalk

I would like to say I think you're super cool making interesting customs like that. Great job! As for Whis, I think he's so cool. He's so mysterious but seems to be such a powerhouse. This man has matter and time manipulation. The only other top-tier thing he doesn't have is reality warping. He's very cool and looks, pretty boy or not, don't really matter. Hope we get at least some of the questions about him answered in the future.

Sent from Mako using Tapatalk

Thanks for your compliment :)
i have a feeling that in dragonball super we are going to know more about whis with the introduction of vados,
and i like vados so much that its been a long time we have a strong female character since the introduction of no.18 :lol

I didn't like Whis at first due to his mannerisms and femininity but now I've gotten used to him. He's developed into a decent character and his design is pretty unique along with Beerus. There's still so much we don't know about him and gods in general so that really adds to his allure. Hopefully as the show progresses we learn more about all that stuff and they don't leave us hanging.

Nice to see he'll be released after Beerus like expected but sucks we're getting mostly Super stuff now. Like Ang said, they need to space the Super releases in between the classic stuff. Too much of the new material at one time will hurt the line.

I'm thinking the next Super release after Whis will be SSG Goku. Hopefully they take a short break after that and go back to DBZ stuff again. I also wouldn't mind that SSJ4 sometime soon :pray:

I do not think June and July left without releases, hopefully soon launch SS4 is announced, do not understand to be postponing the launch of a figure who already has a considerable advance and a secure market.

Well, DBS has achieved one thing: I'm now actually curious how it continues after ep 33. I've seen the preview of 34, which is promising. I also do like the emphasis on trickery and technique again. Honestly, if the motivations for the GoD's, the execution would be little less comedic, the whole saiyan transformation thing would be handled better and the RoF story would just be canned in its entirety – in other words, if like 80% of everything that's important plot-wise – was better, I'd probably like DBS.:lol

Also, are we really talking about femininity as an issue for a male character in an anime, feels like that could only happen on a western DBZ forum.:lol All new characters in DBS are pretty great imo if they didn't rely on such a stupid macguffin.

You're right. I was thinking of Japan release dates since I order my figures from there. Gonna be a sad month for me then lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

We first originally were supposed to get him late May, then they changed it to June for some reason

Well, DBS has achieved one thing: I'm now actually curious how it continues after ep 33. I've seen the preview of 34, which is promising. I also do like the emphasis on trickery and technique again. Honestly, if the motivations for the GoD's, the execution would be little less comedic, the whole saiyan transformation thing would be handled better and the RoF story would just be canned in its entirety – in other words, if like 80% of everything that's important plot-wise – was better, I'd probably like DBS.:lol

Also, are we really talking about femininity as an issue for a male character in an anime, feels like that could only happen on a western DBZ forum.:lol All new characters in DBS are pretty great imo if they didn't rely on such a stupid macguffin.

Agreed 100%. I feel they're trying too hard with the comedy and the whole food thing they've got going is stupid. The entire tournament is literally over food. It's like they're beating a dead horse with that gag. Also the lack of explanation (while not being the franchise's strong suit) gets irritating. I just hope they don't leave us hanging and at least provide some answers no matter how lackluster they may be.

Regarding the whole femininity thing, it's actually a pretty common occurrence in a lot of anime to have a character like feminine male character. Usually though they tend to overdo it and it becomes a gag which isn't exactly how it should be. For Whis however, he doesn't overdue it and he is who he is which is actually pretty progressive for anime as a whole since you don't really see that a lot. I'll admit, I was a bit put off at first since I kind of expected him to be this typical flamboyant male character but he ended up being pretty cool. Is it even appropriate to consider him a guy? Technically all we know is that he's some otherworldly being who may not even have a gender.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Back