S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like 2011 SDCC has come down in price. The last auction just sold for $500 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 2011 SDCC has come down in price. The last auction just sold for $500 ish.

I bet the awakening Goku head which is dastardly similar killed a lot of its appeal. Now it will mostly be people interested in completing their collection.

I just scored a Jakks Saiyan Pod for sub $20 shipped! Super excited. Constantly see them for upwards of $150+

Sent from Korin's Tower.

Watched a few reviews on the SSGSS Goku figure and now I don't want it. :( The hair is darker with black shading and the gi has little to no shading. Not worth it. :slap

Watched a few reviews on the SSGSS Goku figure and now I don't want it. :( The hair is darker with black shading and the gi has little to no shading. Not worth it. :slap

Matter of preference. I like the SSB figure. Got rid of Son Goku and SS Goku, and kept just the Awakening and SSB. To each his own.

Future Gohan, easily. I'd make an exception to buy him for sure. I'd also have to make an exception for Bardock too, but I think Tamashii will make him. I just wish Tamashii would give us their gameplan. I wouldn't bother with any other lines if they had better communication with us and got these out more frequently.

I'd love to see Bardock with the newer articulation. They could easily re-use Trunks' upper part of the torso and his legs. Honestly, they could get away with multiple Bardock releases. I'd really like to see a clean Bardock with a normal and Super Saiyan head release and a battle damaged release. I'm not personally attached to it but the Dragon Ball Heroes possessed Bardock seems to be quite popular in Japan and Tamashii is interested if Japan consumers are playing the video game.

Don't forget, between SDCC 2015 and SDCC 2016, Tamashii will have more than doubled the releases from the prior year and that's just in their S.H. Figuarts Character Category. Since September of 2015, Tamashii is on a hot streak of releasing at least one product from their Dragon Ball Z lines with the exception of a Super Warrior Awakening Goku reissue. So we have more frequent releases, now we just need to accomplish better communication.

You broke the current tie!

4 - Future Gohan
3 - Janemba
2 - Bulma
1 - Cooler
1 - Fasha
1 - Super Android 13
1 - Supreme Kai
1 - Nappa

I bet the awakening Goku head which is dastardly similar killed a lot of its appeal. Now it will mostly be people interested in completing their collection.

I just scored a Jakks Saiyan Pod for sub $20 shipped! Super excited. Constantly see them for upwards of $150+

It certainly killed my appeal! Premium Color Super Saiyan Vegeta killed my appeal for the original Super Saiyan Vegeta as well. I was able to skip over the 2 most expensive releases in the line with arguably better alternatives.

Wow, nice score! That's a freaking steal.

Edited:
Matter of preference. I like the SSB figure. Got rid of Son Goku and SS Goku, and kept just the Awakening and SSB. To each his own.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan may actually be my 2nd favorite Goku transformation behind Super Saiyan 4. At least in a tie with Super Saiyan. I really didn't like the Super Saiyan God transformation and I was skeptical about the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan transformation from the get-go but the way it was "revealed" in Resurrection F was just fantastically well done.

Upon your request! Goku dbs ver. with base head

And the broly smashing ssj goku

Well infact i didnt tease down the left side of the blue gi, its another custom, i used the upper body of s. h. figuarts kinnikuman , it reuire a custom at the joint since the structure is totally different

Thank you for posting the pictures. Spectacular work all around! :clap

I honestly had the same idea with S.H. Figuarts Kinnikuman but I didn't know how it would turn out. It looks to have worked out REALLY well. Does the torso appear long when standing straight up? That was my main concern. What sort of customizing did you need to do to the joint?

我多倫多出產架喎!前年見堀川亮(比達)時都有跟佢傾起我身世。佢英文都掂架!

Sent from my LG-/ using Tapatalk

Well we better use english here to avoid inside joke haha.

Really you have met the hong kong voice actor of vegeta!!? I love his voice so much and he really plays well for vegeta. There is a clip showing vegeta's voice in different country, and even some japanese commented the HK Version is very similar to the japanese version!

Do you know why he left the television broadcast company? Thats really a pity..

Well we better use english here to avoid inside joke haha.

Really you have met the hong kong voice actor of vegeta!!? I love his voice so much and he really plays well for vegeta. There is a clip showing vegeta's voice in different country, and even some japanese commented the HK Version is very similar to the japanese version!

Do you know why he left the television broadcast company? Thats really a pity..
No, i said i met Ryo Horikawa. The voice actor from the original Japanese version.

And the cantonese dub voice of vegeta retired from voice acting and immigrated to Canada.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting the pictures. Spectacular work all around! :clap

I honestly had the same idea with S.H. Figuarts Kinnikuman but I didn't know how it would turn out. It looks to have worked out REALLY well. Does the torso appear long when standing straight up? That was my main concern. What sort of customizing did you need to do to the joint?

Actually the scale is a bit messed up, its true that the upper body is too long
So i will prefer giving him a pose, which turns out nice

And the progress of customization:
You have to take out the whole joint of the kinnikuman
And then to put it inside goku's waist, you have to cut away his own joint, which is irreversible and destructive
So be sure you have two goku awakening before you do the work. I bought one more for the custom since the price has dropped a bit recently . Hope it helps!

No, i said i met Ryo Horikawa. The voice actor from the original Japanese version.

And the cantonese dub voice of vegeta retired from voice acting and immigrated to Canada.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk
Cool!!!! Really want to know more about the voice actors, so jealous about you meeting him :p

Actually the scale is a bit messed up, its true that the upper body is too long
So i will prefer giving him a pose, which turns out nice

And the progress of customization:
You have to take out the whole joint of the kinnikuman
And then to put it inside goku's waist, you have to cut away his own joint, which is irreversible and destructive
So be sure you have two goku awakening before you do the work. I bought one more for the custom since the price has dropped a bit recently . Hope it helps!

Your displays hid that very well. I only noticed when I saw a photo of Goku and Kinnikuman next to each other. I still may attempt this at some point. Not sure when but I'm really glad to see that somebody else had the same idea in mind. Thank you again for posting these pictures!

What other releases from the Dragon Ball Z line do you have?

Your displays hid that very well. I only noticed when I saw a photo of Goku and Kinnikuman next to each other. I still may attempt this at some point. Not sure when but I'm really glad to see that somebody else had the same idea in mind. Thank you again for posting these pictures!

What other releases from the Dragon Ball Z line do you have?
Except Sdcc ssj goku(too expensive for me), sdcc goku, sdcc vegeta( i dont like the early color version), ssj3 goku, regular piccolo, gohan(as i think sdcc version is good enough)

And all the other release i have one. I used datong ssj3 head replaced the regular ssj goku. I want to get sdcc namek goku so much but its a bit expensive for me. Maybe later :(

And waiting for beerus, ssjss vegeta and ssj trunks like everyone ^^

Kabe is universe 6 Broly! and he will revive BROLY from Unvierse 7! To start dominate the two universe and go for the others! but then Broly kill Kabe! and continue and.... *_*

Sent from Korin's Tower.

Did it even retail for that low? Damn that's a good deal :clap

Sent from Korin's Tower.

Was it on eBay? If yes, I think you bought the one that is small in scale and not fitting for the figuarts.

I'd love to see Bardock with the newer articulation. They could easily re-use Trunks' upper part of the torso and his legs. Honestly, they could get away with multiple Bardock releases. I'd really like to see a clean Bardock with a normal and Super Saiyan head release and a battle damaged release. I'm not personally attached to it but the Dragon Ball Heroes possessed Bardock seems to be quite popular in Japan and Tamashii is interested if Japan consumers are playing the video game.

Don't forget, between SDCC 2015 and SDCC 2016, Tamashii will have more than doubled the releases from the prior year and that's just in their S.H. Figuarts Character Category. Since September of 2015, Tamashii is on a hot streak of releasing at least one product from their Dragon Ball Z lines with the exception of a Super Warrior Awakening Goku reissue. So we have more frequent releases, now we just need to accomplish better communication.

You broke the current tie!

4 - Future Gohan

It certainly killed my appeal! Premium Color Super Saiyan Vegeta killed my appeal for the original Super Saiyan Vegeta as well. I was able to skip over the 2 most expensive releases in the line with arguably better alternatives.

Wow, nice score! That's a freaking steal.

Edited:

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan may actually be my 2nd favorite Goku transformation behind Super Saiyan 4. At least in a tie with Super Saiyan. I really didn't like the Super Saiyan God transformation and I was skeptical about the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan transformation from the get-go but the way it was "revealed" in Resurrection F was just fantastically well done.

I wasn't a fan of Badock getting the Super Saiyan transformation, but I'm sure a lot of people would like that. I'd just want the one from the Bardock Special with the green armor; not the yellow from the Bardock special. I'd want one with a bandanna head and one without.

You're right that the line has gotten better, but it's just that since they aren't doing things that I'm interested in, I'm looking at other lines. When starting my collection, I put aside $500 and said that's my entire collection money, so once that's up, I'm done. The only way, I can get around that is by selling the figures I bought with that money, and that's what I've been doing, so that's why I'm being choosy.

That's interesting that you like the SSGSS so much! I'd say it's my second favorite. For me, it goes:

1. Super Saiyan- The Saiyan has to train their bodies to their limits and get to the peak of their rage to unlock it.

2. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan- The Saiyan uses God Ki while under Super Saiyan. It opens the lore up, and gave Goku and Vegeta something new to manipulate since they did everything they could with the original Super Saiyan transformation with the "Ascended" form (Increasing their speed and power), "Ultimate" form (Increasing power but sacrificing speed, "Perfect" form (Mastering the Super Saiyan form but it's balanced by the fact that the Saiyan has to remain in their Super Saiyan form)

3. Super Saiyan God- It's a mystical transformation that ties back to the Saiyan heritage and only works when Saiyans are pure of heart, which keeps the Saiyans in check. It's also a very humbling form for Saiyans, since it looks so weak and helped is needed to attain it. Plus, the flame aura was really interesting visually. I think it was underdeveloped story-wise though.

Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 look cool, but I think they water down the Super Saiyan form. Goku and Gohan mastered the Super Saiyan form in the Room of Spirit of Time and when Gohan got the peak of his rage, he would get stronger, and once he trained enough, he did and turned Super Saiyan. It just seemed redundant after the "Ascended", "Ultimate", and "Perfect" forms. The Super Saiyan forms already drained their power, so Super Saiyan 3 wasn't that interesting either.

I think the concept of SSJ4 a neat idea, but I don't get the point of it since Saiyans are already supposed to be at their most feral with the Super Saiyan transformation, and they mastered it. I don't know why it would make them stronger. Also, aesthetically, I don't think it makes much sense. I guess I could buy the hair color a bit since Goku and Vegeta have black hair and their Oozaru forms have brown hair, but it makes no sense that their clothes magically appear and change with them, and Vegeta's hair color shouldn't be brown. I don't know why they have different fur color and eye colors, but I guess it just warps the Saiyan's DNA to what fits them best. Although, the lack of nipples, get cut by glass, and a SSJ4 fusion is necessary to take down Omega Shenron, who impressed SSJ4 Goku by destroying a building says other-wise to me.

Keep it up with the Future Gohan love, fellas! Future Trunks is too alone since we know our Vegeta Figuarts won't give him the time of day :lecture

I still sorta wish Future Gohan came back in the series, poor Trunks :(

Back