S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice haul, misterW! I gotta get a few of those flame effects once my last pre-order on Anime-Island is shipped and my wallet stops screaming for help. heh

thanks blogness ! :) yeah i kind of prefer the flames over the aura effects since it's something that can actually engulf the figure instead of being in the background. Also, my wallet still has stitches and bandages! it's been in recovery for a long time and the recovery....is slow:slap

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I REALLY appreciate you guys using spoiler tags for that Star Wars stuff. I haven't seen it yet so it means a lot. Seems like the internet in general has been pretty good at making it easy to avoid spoilers for this movie. I'll probably catch it this weekend.
Lucky that you came in a bit later cause i actually butcherd mine and crisis spoiler tags somehow (`∀´)

Anyhooo

@prod and @blood, you guys almost got me LOl good thing i resisted reading and refreshed and found you guys fixed the tags haha!

I just got Awakening Goku yesterday and wow, this figure really puts the bar way up, painting, sculpt, articulation, detail, everything's great. Most of the other DBZ Figuarts look pretty plain in comparison.

1db76c4eae8172c2c59e2e220a605162.jpg

I don't get why you all think it's new that Kenshin does this :lol

@ Fat perfect response again :lol

I just got Awakening Goku yesterday and wow, this figure really puts the bar way up, painting, sculpt, articulation, detail, everything's great. Most of the other DBZ Figuarts look pretty plain in comparison.

only flaws i can point out are these, peep this small darkened area underneath his knee

image.jpg

doesn't really mesh well with an otherwise great paintjob. i dunno if the original idea was to paint the rest of that part flesh tone & they changed their minds at the last minute or something, but it looks out of place & is somewhat of an eyesore. if it's supposed to represent dirt or mud then why only that spot? maybe it's just mine? also,

image.jpg

his boot is slightly off-center, compared to the other boot. again not a big deal, but noticeable

Otherwise the figure es el perfecto. the improved deltoids are what i like most & what i hate most about all the other figures

only flaws i can point out are these, peep this small darkened area underneath his knee

View attachment 231614

doesn't really mesh well with an otherwise great paintjob. i dunno if the original idea was to paint the rest of that part flesh tone & they changed their minds at the last minute or something, but it looks out of place & is somewhat of an eyesore. if it's supposed to represent dirt or mud then why only that spot? maybe it's just mine? also,

his boot is slightly off-center, compared to the other boot. again not a big deal, but noticeable

Otherwise the figure es el perfecto. the improved deltoids are what i like most & what i hate most about all the other figures

its part of his paints, just darker. if you look at it closely, it has a pointy angle, wouldnt look right if its part of the skin

as for the right boots, its off center. I have five of this same figure and I had to modify everyone one of them.

@Crisis Mine has the same issue. He has two dark patches on his pants. My SSB Goku also has a dark spot on his pants. On battle damaged Goku it doesn't really bother me, but on SSB it looks really out of place. I think it's a quality control issue more than anything else.

@Crisis Mine has the same issue. He has two dark patches on his pants. My SSB Goku also has a dark spot on his pants. On battle damaged Goku it doesn't really bother me, but on SSB it looks really out of place. I think it's a quality control issue more than anything else.

yeah seems like a QC issue, my SWA goku has darker spots too, but its not too bad and i feel it adds to the tattered look. I guess i lucked out on SSB goku since he seems pretty even throughout. As for the misaligned boots i just play around with the thigh swivel and coordinate with the ankle swivel to line it up, mine isnt really that off so slight adjustments like that when posing can line it up well.

Also, i know i have brought it up before but am i really the only one bothered by ultimate gohan's smirk face? his eyes just seem too far apart despite the proto images being spot on in accuracy :(

I forgot who i was talking to but yeah SSB vegeta's hair does seem to be more upright, but i guess the only way to know for sure is when we get him in hand to compare, but if they did take the time to retool the hair so slightly then im really disappointed he didnt get the same treatment as goku.

Overall impressions of the RoF figures though, I am loving SSB goku (especially after shading in his smirky face) and golden frieza, i think SSB vegeta will also be a great figure. I know everybody was giving RoF gohan alot of flack, but if they made an RoF figure of him and it came with his SSj head (wont care if it's just a repaint of U.Gohan) and normal head, i'd be down. His green track suit has grown on me haha and i like his normal mode hair style, and i am just gonna throw it out their but i think he was alot cooler in the movie. For Super i think when he powered up, they shouldve had him go SSJ and then Spark into ultimate mode and do a flash kamehameha on frieza (like he did to the buu egg but in ultimate mode instead), and have his jacket burst open when powered up. Would have really made that scene bad ass instead of him powering up to super saiyan and then fainting. :dunno

Hi guys, I'm Steve and I'm new to the forum game . I stumbled upon this one about a year ago and desided it would be best for me to join, since I get so much information from this thread . Im looking forward to talking to like minded individuals that appreciate dragonball and hope to make some friends along the way.

Spoiler Spoiler:

hahaha yup!

Hi guys, I'm Steve and I'm new to the forum game . I stumbled upon this one about a year ago and desided it would be best for me to join, since I get so much information from this thread . Im looking forward to talking to like minded individuals that appreciate dragonball and hope to make some friends along the way.

:welcome from a fellow lurker. I agree about this thread being a great place for figuarts news. It's the only DBZ related forum I visit now. It's also great for finding poses I can steal for my display :mwaha

Welcome dude, dont get caught in the troll posts and make yourself look like a fool be very careful of fat, flasr and crisis. If you want some serious ****, big deano and silrian are your go to guys(◍ ˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)

Oh and prepare yourself for the incomming majin vegeta question and what not

Its simple for bandai to do, but i just don't get why they're not listing. All they have to do is use the parts from awakening goku and the new armored trunks.

Back