S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, those are amazing looking. Far better than the stock one we got with Cell

It amazes me that some random guy can make something much more impressive than a multi-million dollar corporation. No thought or imagination went into Cell's Turdmehameha.

Well tbf it was Tamashiis first blast attempt [emoji14]

Effects after have been pretty good, ignoring Krillins, like scouter Vegetas, Vegettos beam sword and the one coming with Gohan looks well sculpted if a bit small.

Cells effect would go well with a dragonball figure, since those blasts were quite smooth compared to dbz. I imagine they just google searched kamehameha and went with one they could see most easily, which would be a dragonball one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Tamashii had some other effects before Cell's release...they did preview a few right? Special beam cannon (RIP :( ), proto Kamehaha charge, aura, etc, and they looked nice. The one with Cell just doesn't look right, though the base with it is pretty great.

The newer effects have been great as well, Krillin's was a bit lazy and the rod was frail.

I correct myself, first released beam effect [emoji14] but the special beam cannon was very smooth and dragonball-esque aswell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It did look really impressive, but even if Tamashii released it in the future I'd probably skip it. I've got one of FrankieDF's version and I'm more than happy with that :)

I'm a bit behind on posting here, so here's some catch up.

-snip-

Galick Gun variant of the new style Kamehameha

Full Album - Galick Gun effect - canofbeams.com - Album on Imgur

Amazing stuff. Is the galick gun up on ebay yet?

I always though it looked like the stuff Cell Jr's are made from, but a dildo is an apt comparison too [emoji38]

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Setting up a display using tamashii blast effects like

sperm-stress_1401894863.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm pretty proud of how well those have turned out.

One thing about the official effects, I remember reading on the SH Monsterarts line how effects are seen as non essential at Bandai, as the figures will sell fine without them, and they require special consideration for their inclusion, stands, package space, etc.

In terms of that prototype special beam cannon they had, I'm not surprised in the least that never hit release. It was quite large and would have required that figure's packaging to increase in size substantially, which adds up to more expensive distribution and other issues when it wouldn't really make any difference in actually moving the figure.

Because of this, effects often wind up used as incentives for rereleases, repaints, or wind up in extra exclusive packs.

It sucks, but it does make sense. I'm actually surprised that they have released as many as they have for the DBZ line.

Those beam effects are amazing! When and where can I just buy them?!

The kamehamehas and maybe a small quantity of galick guns will go up on ebay in a week and a half or so. I'll be putting the schedule up on the facebook page and site in my signature.

The kamehamehas and maybe a small quantity of galick guns will go up on ebay in a week and a half or so. I'll be putting the schedule up on the facebook page and site in my signature.

Thanks for the info. I'll look out for those galick guns for sure.

Put here the eBay direction when you sell it. I think its better.

Just deal with it.

Back