S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way in hell Super Buu should be more than one release. They should include a regular Buu torso and the Z-fighter ones in one box. Buu isn't Goku, where they can continuously release slight variations and expect people to buy them.

You want them to release three torsos in one box?

Yeah that's mostly what I've been thinking. I want both versions on display so I'd likely buy 2 if they were a single release.

If it is a single release, I wonder if they're going to apply that type of packaging with any other figures and it's a trial run or something. Maybe Nappa?

I know it would work for Baby Vegeta but that's not until they get more comfortable into Dragon Ball GT territory.

I'm looking forward everything but most SSJ4 Goku. I didn't like GT for the most part but I loved the idea of the next Super Saiyan evolution incorporating the ape of some kind.

We keep going on about Buu being one release, but come on folks lets be honest here, what figuarts has EVER had a replaceable torso? Heads are fine but torsos are where the majority of the inner workings are, thats where most of the money is spent making the thing. Its just unreasonable to assume they would do something like that to save US money :lol

We keep going on about Buu being one release, but come on folks lets be honest here, what figuarts has EVER had a replaceable torso? Heads are fine but torsos are where the majority of the inner workings are, thats where most of the money is spent making the thing. Its just unreasonable to assume they would do something like that to save US money :lol

Wouldn't they be making more money if it were one release at $60 rather than two releases at $40 each? They're forcing the consumer to buy two products if it were the one release.

I think it all depends on whether or not Tamashii plans to develop more than one face for Gotenks absorbed Buu. If they were separate releases, they would have to include another torso for him.

Theres also the sheer annoyance of having to pop off arms, heads and the waist, all of whose joints will most likely get very loose because of it.

Honestly think that Bandai/ Tamashii dropped the ball on Buu. They should have just release Kid Buu rather than Super Buu in Z fighter garb. He will need 4 torsos to be complete (regular, Gohan, Gotenks, Picollo). As it is, the final form of every other villain has been released; don't know why they didn't do the same with Buu...

Honestly think that Bandai/ Tamashii dropped the ball on Buu. They should have just release Kid Buu rather than Super Buu in Z fighter garb. He will need 4 torsos to be complete (regular, Gohan, Gotenks, Picollo). As it is, the final form of every other villain has been released; don't know why they didn't do the same with Buu...

Honestly they would only need 3 gotenks gohan an reg, they can exclude piccolo because a) wasnt in te form that long and b) anyone who has piccolo can jus pop his cape on reg buu torso an voila! Lol

i hope they delve into Dragonball AF & we get figuarts super saiyajin 7 (and beyond)one day

Dragon_Ball_AF_-_Goku_Super_Saiyan_7.jpg

ultra super saiyan 12 :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Umm, I really dont know whether to take that seriously or not! You know AF is a fan manga right? With even less story than GT!

Lets just stick to stuff that exists shall we? :lol

Theres also the sheer annoyance of having to pop off arms, heads and the waist, all of whose joints will most likely get very loose because of it.

Have the joints become loose to most of the figures that have been released because of the first two annoyances?

Honestly they would only need 3 gotenks gohan an reg, they can exclude piccolo because a) wasnt in te form that long and b) anyone who has piccolo can jus pop his cape on reg buu torso an voila! Lol

That's what I was thinking, too.

Off the top of my head I know Micheal Jackson and Sanji both had replacable torsos. But the main reason, I expect 2 releases is because they need to pack in different heads for each version too in addition to whatever other accessories it'll have.

Off the top of my head I know Micheal Jackson and Sanji both had replacable torsos. But the main reason, I expect 2 releases is because they need to pack in different heads for each version too in addition to whatever other accessories it'll have.

Yeah, I guess it would be strange for Tamashii to only give one facial expression for Gotenks absorbed Buu.

Edite: How do you change an entire head piece? Including the neck?

The thing is getting three Buus torso in one package could be pretty expensive, AND most of us would want all three Buus - Super buu, Buutenks and Buuhan - so we would spend a lot, and also have too many leftover accessories. Getting one separate torso in a package each would not give us this problem. Plus, they could mix it up, give us different things like effects (Buu ghosts in one, other effects, different faces). I do think honestly, we should have gotten Kid Buu first, but getting a Majin Buu of some kind is fine by me.

And there is really no need for Piccolo Buu, it not only appeared for a very short amount of time, but we can just pop on one of our own Piccolo capes - the only issue is it might be to scale, and not fit well. But that's fine.

I don't think changeable torsos is out of the question. Tamashii hasn't said specifically what they're going to do and like TBlake mentioned, they've done it before.

Also keep in mind...Tamashii has thrown in lots of "extras" in with some of the DBZ Figuarts. Some releases have come with energy effects, unique stands, extra heads while others have not. This also follows some of the other Tamashii lines where they've released extra accessories as well.

IF Buu has two torsos in one release. He'll probably only have the rest of the body, different heads and hands and the separate torsos and that's it. No energy effects or additions. And that will likely "even out" his MSRP. Buu will then relatively be a "bare bones" release much like SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta.

You forgot about rule 1 pretty fast there.:lol

It's not just about saving us money. Personally, I would not buy 3 different versions of Buu. Heck, I am even hesistant about buying more than one version of a main character like Goku - and this is from someone who wants to support this line as much as possible. The only way I would buy a Super Buu is if he came with a regular torso. It just does not seem like a good marketing strategy to release 3 different versions of a character with different torsos. On top of that, Buu is arguably the least popular villain. Why not go ahead and release another form of Frieza or Cell - which would be arguably more popular?

Back