S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broly is an anime (technically, movie) character only, so he doesn't have a unique manga color like the other characters. The figure release is already the anime rendition.

I never said he had a manga rendition? The fact remains that the figure is not 100% accurate to the anime, whether that was the intention or not. Same goes for Cell and some others. Whether or not they appear in the manga is irrelevant.

They are plenty of toys and figures that aren't show accurate. If I said that such and such Terminator figure needs a movie accurate version, that doesn't imply that the figure in question is based on a comic book, only that it is not accurate to the movie.

Broly is an anime (technically, movie) character only, so he doesn't have a unique manga color like the other characters. The figure release is already the anime rendition.

What about Vegeta ? the SDCC edition corresponds to the Anime 1st appearance, the first released one cannot be exclusively qualified as the manga color...

I believe there is no rule for the SDCC editions... Considering the huge success of Broly, we can't say for sure that Bandai won't release a special Broly with green hair, and, slight different tones for the clothes and skin (pale white skin for example).

I never said he had a manga rendition? The fact remains that the figure is not 100% accurate to the anime, whether that was the intention or not. Same goes for Cell and some others. Whether or not they appear in the manga is irrelevant.

They are plenty of toys and figures that aren't show accurate. If I said that such and such Terminator figure needs a movie accurate version, that doesn't imply that the figure in question is based on a comic book, only that it is not accurate to the movie.

I never said you did, buddy. :) But the point is that the Figuarts Broly released is the "anime version". Even if it could use some more accurate design and color tweaks. I know there are those that would like some changes with Broly and aren't fully satisfied with elements like his hair color (for example). But Tamashii hasn't shown us they re-do the same character figures (for example, we haven't seen a "SSJ Vegeta 2.0" like Hot Toys redos some of their figures).

The only difference we've seen so far are the anime/manga color repaints. Even if you don't think he's completely accurate, I'm sorry but this looks to be the only Broly we're going to have for the near future.

What about Vegeta ? the SDCC edition corresponds to the Anime 1st appearance, the first released one cannot be exclusively qualified as the manga color...

I believe there is no rule for the SDCC editions... Considering the huge success of Broly, we can't say for sure that Bandai won't release a special Broly with green hair, and, slight different tones for the clothes and skin (pale white skin for example).

I find differing theories on Tamashii's DBZ SDCC releases. Some fans believe they'll follow the anime and manga repaint trend and that the next exclusive might be manga-color SSJ3 Goku (aka NOT mustard colored outfit) or anime-color Cell (brighter green). The others feel that Tamashii isn't held to any "rules" on their exclusives and they'll do whatever they want. However, everyone DOES agree that the SDCC Exclusive is likely a repaint of a currently released (or previously released) figure.

Arlia Vegeta is a unique, one-of-a-kind exception. It's actually what I believe most SDCC exclusives should be. Those unique, one-off depictions of characters that we DO NOT commonly see. It technically is an error that SHOULD NOT have happened because Toei didn't know Vegeta's colors at the time the anime episode went to TV.

I actually agree with you and follow the latter. There IS NO RULE and Tamashii will do whatever they want. Is it possible there might be a special color Broly with the description you mentioned as a SDCC exclusive? Of course! But that also opens the possibility of all the other speculations that other DBZ Figuarts' fans believe in. However, Tamashii has shown a slight trend in SDCC Exclusives as prior release have ALL been alternate manga/anime color schemes of previously released figures (Anime SSJ Goku, Manga SSJ Gohan, Manga Piccolo). Though they did show a deviation with the release of Arlia Vegeta. Bottom-line goes to what you said before: There is no rule. But speculation is fueled by their past performance and what they COULD do with the lne-up of figure available.

I never said you did, buddy. :)

But you were responding as if I did, so to me that's the same thing.

But the point is that the Figuarts Broly released is the "anime version".

I'm afraid it isn't. The point is...there is still an opportunity for Broly to have an alternate colour palette, making him more screen-accurate. Obviously the toy is an "anime" version, since he only appears in movies but what I obviously meant was that he could get a more "anime accurate" redo.

I know there are those that would like some changes with Broly and aren't fully satisfied with elements like his hair color (for example). But Tamashii hasn't shown us they re-do the same character figures (for example, we haven't seen a "SSJ Vegeta 2.0" like Hot Toys redos some of their figures).

Actually they have. SDCC Vegeta was absurd for the fact that they went after such an obscure and forgettable rendition that only existed due to misinformation/errors in the early days of animating DBZ. If they went and pumped out Arlia Vegeta as an SDCC exclusive...practically anything is on the table.

Tone is something that is hard to read across forums. :lol

Please inform me what elements of this Broly figure need to be updated so he's more screen-accurate...

What I meant by the last statement you quoted was that Tamashii has thus far not redone the same version of a character in a whole new mold. Hot Toys has done this with their early releases like the Scar Predator, Celtic Predator, and has also constantly redone the Dark Knight outfit of Batman. In seeking "more accuracy", some figures could benefit from new mold pieces (like SSJ Vegeta's boot tips) or could be redone as a "2.0" new mold if Tamashii's wants to, but they haven't. I said these comments in regards to you stating that Broly needs to be more screen-accurate and if part of that accuracy involves correcting molded pieces, then they would have to do a whole new figure release with new pieces and not just a common color repaint. That is something Tamashii has NOT done so far in the DBZ line.

image.jpg

Merry Christmas guys! Just got 3 more figures to add to the collection (a17, piccolo, and regular goku). Suffice to say, here's some updated pics of my collection (please pardon the blur...phone camera):

Attachments

• 2lxtikj.jpg
    2lxtikj.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 30cyg5f.jpg
    30cyg5f.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 377
  • ak7v4k.jpg
    ak7v4k.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 20uzx8y.jpg
    20uzx8y.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 381
  • af796x.jpg
    af796x.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 383
Ok cool. I see the differences...

Personally, I'm good. I can live with the current Broly we have.

I dig what you mean. For me tho, when I think of Super Saiyajin Broly, 2 images come to mind; the standard form like everyone else (which I reeeeaaally hope they make soon)

image.jpg

And this
image.jpg

The hair color is obviously different between these 2 images, and that's what I like. It's what differentiates him as the Super Saiyajin of Legend, and most likely what previous LSSj's before him looked like as well (now whether he is descended from a specific lineage of nothing but LSSj's that jump from generation to generation in a single bloodline((Paragus' distant ancestor(s) which Vegeta described)), or it's a complete random shot in the dark/freak of nature that all Saiyans possess from time to time, is a mystery and literally anyone's guess.)

For anyone still looking Big Bad Toy Store has Broly for retail plus shipping

I ordered my broly from there 3 days ago put my order through but still waitin for confirmation, and my original order with toy arena never even got an email so im not orderin with them again lol

I dig what you mean. For me tho, when I think of Super Saiyajin Broly, 2 images come to mind; the standard form like everyone else (which I reeeeaaally hope they make soon

The hair color is obviously different between these 2 images, and that's what I like. It's what differentiates him as the Super Saiyajin of Legend, and most likely what previous LSSj's before him looked like as well (now whether he is descended from a specific lineage of nothing but LSSj's that jump from generation to generation in a single bloodline((Paragus' distant ancestor(s) which Vegeta described)), or it's a complete random shot in the dark/freak of nature that all Saiyans possess from time to time, is a mystery and literally anyone's guess.)

I definitely would like a regular Super Saiyan Broly as well. Maybe they could do one with a regular head, controlled SSJ head and then the SSJ head. Broly's musculatory doesn't change much between those three forms so it would work to couple him with multiple heads and faces.

The Legendary Super Saiyan story background is an interesting back-story topic to explore. Maybe a future movie will touch on it or if they ever do a new series (continuation or reboot), I'd like to see it explored more.

For anyone still looking Big Bad Toy Store has Broly for retail plus shipping

He sold out again quick. Likely they have a bit of unpaid and bad credit card sales so you'll occasionally see Broly pop up here and there as orders go unpaid.

I snagged an extra on MHToyShop when they had some pop up.

OMG My broly has finally shipped frol big bad toy store! Forget toy arena i still have it as pre order and not one email was sent to me sayin ur order is ready they are too disorganized, i had it pre ordered right when it was available too!

Its funny i was just checking ebay and brolys prices are already ridicolous !

The prices aren't THAT bad.. when compared to Scouter/SS Vegeta, Trunks, Frieza, etc. Broly is still highly affordable & available. I remember seeing people raging how expensive Trunks has become when he was at $100 flat. LOL

Just wait until this time next year and see how expensive Broly will be.

Just wait until this time next year and see how expensive Broly will be.

I'm sure there are a bunch of nice fellas out there sitting on 10-20 units just waiting for the day when they can cash-in on the price fixing.

Back