S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****IN' A! I love it! What colors did you use?

How was painting the hair?

Thanks man. This is what I used. I put one thin coat on all over and another coat in places I wanted a little darker. Then just took some rubbing alcohol on some toilet paper and gently rubbed on certain parts of the hair so you see the yellow green tint. But it was real easy because his head is so much bigger than a standard figuarts head.

Looks sweet Nick!

Thanks man :)

No, that arc made Super Saiyan a joke. I don't like SSJ3 or the fusion stuff. The designs look amazing though! It wasn't like the Cell Arc with the various strategies to manipulate their power. They were breaking the different "barriers" with the Ascended, Ultimate, and Full Powered SSJ forms, but Gohan broke THE barrier. At least the Super Saiyan God form fleshed out the Saiyan history a bit, showing that they weren't all evil. There were some courageous enough to stand up to the rest of the Saiyans. Then once the form ran out, the remaining Saiyans slaughtered him! Saiyans were all about their admiration for power, but having a righteous heart? Please....They found much more inspiration the the Legendary Super Saiyan that was so powerful he blew himself up! The whole "righteous heart" plot device was also useful to show that Vegeta was virtuous. I thought it was pretty hilarious how they all clapped to congratulate him!

I believe that's why Cell Saga/Arc is my favorite. It's about discovering hidden powers from beginning to end.

Yeah, I enjoyed the history behind the Super Saiyan God form. It's pure speculation but if it were to be true, it'll be interesting if the first Super Saiyan God was Vegeta's ancestor. It would make a lot of sense since King Vegeta always told Vegeta that their bloodline was the strongest, and Vegeta stating that his lineage was the most powerful, but I feel there'll be an interesting gap between Vegeta's ancestors being heroic to becoming evil and barbaric for a well told story.

I really liked the badassness of ssj3, just didn't like that it got thrown in the mix without actually explaining how Goku first achieved it (let alone ssj2).

Thanks man. This is what I used. I put one thin coat on all over and another coat in places I wanted a little darker. Then just took some rubbing alcohol on some toilet paper and gently rubbed on certain parts of the hair so you see the yellow green tint. But it was real easy because his head is so much bigger than a standard figuarts head.

Wait, you just used one color?

It looks exactly like this...

latest

...Now put him in that pose. :lol

I really liked the badassness of ssj3, just didn't like that it got thrown in the mix without actually explaining how Goku first achieved it (let alone ssj2).

Really? I've never watched the entirety of it but I always thought Goku went Super Saiyan 2 against Pikkon?

I just assume Goku trained his ass off during his extended stay with Kai. The way he trains + his gifted abilities, I guess one could figure he'd just blow through whatever limits he gets stuck on after a while.

nickshaw, love the Batman poster :hi5 I wish it was explained how Goku achieved SSJ3, SSJ2 makes sense though (same with Vegeta) since it was already shown and they did have 7 years. I still love SSJ3 since it was one of the first things I saw from DBZ

Super Saiyan being a joke sorta makes sense since we already had some transformations that rendered it near pointless (SSJ2 at the least) but Trunks and Goten should NOT have reached it so easily. Trunks trained with Vegeta so honestly, it could have worked if it came as Vegeta pushing Trunks so hard, he needed it to prove himself. Or that after the Gotenks fusion they reached it, but as it stands, I don't like it at all. But BoG proves Super Saiyan still has some use, which is nice.

The NEED for the Super Saiyan transformation seems to have been thrown out the window after Cell Saga. I like how Gotenks can turn into a Super Saiyan, not sure how I feel about Goten and Trunks being Super Saiyans. I like the designs of young Super Saiyans but it's questionable until I see the rest of the series.

I feel Tamashii needs to make Super Vegeta if they don't plan on re-releasing Super Saiyan Vegeta. After they're done with the Buu Saga Vegeta, of course.

It would be an entirely new sculpt from head to toe (err, ankle.) I suppose the one thing that could be re-used is Vegito's feet.

Striations in the hair. Lighter hair color, similar to nickshaw's custom. Bulkier body.

Is the armor similar to Android Saga armor or did the back of it change? I feel the back didn't look like the one from Android Saga. I'll try and come up with pictures for that...

Super_vegeta.png

Is it dependent on the artist or is the shoulder armor in the back more straight in the Cell Saga?

112581_s1.jpg

Edited: And the white piece that it connects too not so slanted.

Hm, it's slightly different but I suppose it's not much of a difference...

goku-gohan-father-son-bonding-super-saiyan.jpg

Actually, it's quite different than the S.H. Figuarts Android Saga armor...

The back armor is higher and the shoulder straps don't reach far down. The connection is different, too.

WP_20141222_004.jpg
WP_20141222_005.jpg

Resculpt! :lol

The NEED for the Super Saiyan transformation seems to have been thrown out the window after Cell Saga. I like how Gotenks can turn into a Super Saiyan, not sure how I feel about Goten and Trunks being Super Saiyans. I like the designs of young Super Saiyans but it's questionable until I see the rest of the series.
Which sucks, that was a very neat aspect. Trunks still makes sense because he felt he needed to beat Goten (akin to Vegeta with Goku) but Goten...what WAS his reason? Just dealing with Chi chi? Doesn't make sense, outside of comedy :dunno

Also with the Figuarts SSJ Vegeta, I believe it was based on Vegeta's first appearance as a Super Saiyan where, against 19 and 18, he didn't have the boot tips. Super vegeta would be great, we could get a Final Flash effect too. And even then, like with color, there are inconsistencies with character appearances

Which sucks, that was a very neat aspect. Trunks still makes sense because he felt he needed to beat Goten (akin to Vegeta with Goku) but Goten...what WAS his reason? Just dealing with Chi chi? Doesn't make sense, outside of comedy :dunno

Also with the Figuarts SSJ Vegeta, I believe it was based on Vegeta's first appearance as a Super Saiyan where, against 19 and 18, he didn't have the boot tips. Super vegeta would be great, we could get a Final Flash effect too. And even then, like with color, there are inconsistencies with character appearances

I thought that didn't work for Vegeta though. The entire rivalry/need to surpass Goku was always the road block for Vegeta transforming. Wasn't it until he stopped caring about that and was desperate facing certain death by the meteor where the need aspect was finally able to transform him into a Super Saiyan?

I agree, becoming Super Saiyan was kind of a comedic route with Goten. Maybe his puppy was hit by a car? Absentee father? I don't know. I'm still questionable about it. It took Goku so long to become a Super Saiyan and Gohan went through A LOT of **** in his childhood.

Yeah, S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta is the "iconic look" of him turning Super Saiyan for the first time. It was really well done. I think Super Vegeta would be awesome because there would be so much more use out of him. Then we need Super Trunks, too. :lol

Speaking of Super Trunks, I was thinking they could release two heads with him...

Super_satyan_trunks-3412200000000.JPG
lssj-future-trunks-22934.jpg

Well my Broly somehow made it here before Christmas, and holy #*?! Is he huge! Pictures dont do the size of him justice, seriously. Very weighty too, no part feels hollow. His arm uses as much plastic as Gokus whole body by the looks! Very pleased with him. After work I will do my traditional rearrangement and post some pics.

Its not really super Trunks I want, just armor ssj Trunks as in the first pic Ang. I like Trunks normal form in that suit, ponytail or not. Super Vegeta is fine, but super Trunks is too bulky imo, never liked that form of him.

nickshaw, love the Batman poster :hi5 I wish it was explained how Goku achieved SSJ3, SSJ2 makes sense though (same with Vegeta) since it was already shown and they did have 7 years. I still love SSJ3 since it was one of the first things I saw from DBZ

Super Saiyan being a joke sorta makes sense since we already had some transformations that rendered it near pointless (SSJ2 at the least) but Trunks and Goten should NOT have reached it so easily. Trunks trained with Vegeta so honestly, it could have worked if it came as Vegeta pushing Trunks so hard, he needed it to prove himself. Or that after the Gotenks fusion they reached it, but as it stands, I don't like it at all. But BoG proves Super Saiyan still has some use, which is nice.

Both ssj and ssj2 require emotional distress/rage to achieve though. I'm wondering what Goku did to achieve it. Ssj3 is the only transformation that can be achieved through rigorous training I believe.

I believe that's why Cell Saga/Arc is my favorite. It's about discovering hidden powers from beginning to end.

Yeah, I enjoyed the history behind the Super Saiyan God form. It's pure speculation but if it were to be true, it'll be interesting if the first Super Saiyan God was Vegeta's ancestor. It would make a lot of sense since King Vegeta always told Vegeta that their bloodline was the strongest, and Vegeta stating that his lineage was the most powerful, but I feel there'll be an interesting gap between Vegeta's ancestors being heroic to becoming evil and barbaric for a well told story.

Gohan achieving SSJ2 was the culmination of everything that happened before it. It never made sense by fans spread the rumor about it ending at the Freeza arc, because it was clearly building up Gohan to be the most powerful character. You don't make constant cuts to a character like that, if he isn't a main character.

That would be great if it had a connection to Vegeta's ancestry! I love every time they flesh out the Saiyan history and that the SSJ God hair color is the same as planet Vegeta.

Yeah, the designs are so cool, but that was a big problem for me.

I thought that didn't work for Vegeta though. The entire rivalry/need to surpass Goku was always the road block for Vegeta transforming. Wasn't it until he stopped caring about that and was desperate facing certain death by the meteor where the need aspect was finally able to transform him into a Super Saiyan?

I agree, becoming Super Saiyan was kind of a comedic route with Goten. Maybe his puppy was hit by a car? Absentee father? I don't know. I'm still questionable about it. It took Goku so long to become a Super Saiyan and Gohan went through A LOT of **** in his childhood.

Yeah, S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta is the "iconic look" of him turning Super Saiyan for the first time. It was really well done. I think Super Vegeta would be awesome because there would be so much more use out of him. Then we need Super Trunks, too. :lol

Vegeta turned SSJ because he had so much self-hatred toward himself for being such a failure as the Prince of Saiyans. He was willing to risk his death by that asteroid unless he turned SSJ. Talk about pride.

When I said "SSJ3 and fusion," I meant not liking the SSJ3 and Mystic. Gohan went through so much garbage to get to where he was. Yes, he was born with more power than the rest, be he never squandered it. Fans have a problem with that, but in my opinion, we're all given gifts. It's what you do with them, and Gohan took advantage of every one of them. You know how he gets the Mystic form--making him the most powerful character? He sits on his butt, while an old guy dances around him. Although, I hated that the fusion was such a massive power boost. But that was the whole logic in the Boo arc-2+3= 12!

To get that Ascended Vegeta and Trunks would be a dream come true! That would be the ultimate two pack. Not only is it the form they're in in the fantastic scene with Semi-Perfect Cell, but they use it in the Cell Games-the peak of the series! I really want to Saiyan Saga Goku and Imperfect Cell, but if we got that two-pack, I couldn't ask for anything else! I'd be so grateful!

Its not really super Trunks I want, just armor ssj Trunks as in the first pic Ang. I like Trunks normal form in that suit, ponytail or not. Super Vegeta is fine, but super Trunks is too bulky imo, never liked that form of him.

That first picture is of Ascended Trunks. The second picture is of the Ultimate form. I would prefer a regular SSJ Trunks too, but I wouldn't mind getting the Ascended version. I wouldn't want the Ultimate form as a figure, but it was a great plot-device in the series! Did you read the multiverse part, where Trunks learned to channel it in specific parts of his body? I thought that was awesome! That's the kind of stuff I would have preferred over more SSJ forms. Then they'd be relying on strategy, so they wouldn't have to come up with ridiculous power ups to level the playing field.

Ya im fed up with toyarena i just went to bignadtlystore and oredered with them and put my purchase through, toy arena still shows pending pre order, emailed their cust serv a week ago and to top it off their broly is at 75$ when my pre order is 67$ so theyre all over the place.

There's a complete Trunks on ebay right meow going for $199 with free shipping & 100% feedback.. that's the best deal you're gonna get for a while I'm afraid. However the catch is, that the peg to hold the sword in snapped off (which has been reported here quite a few times). Dude still has the peg though if ya wanna glue it back on. Type in "figuarts trunks" if anyone wants to check it out (hint-hint, it's the cheapest one, lol)

Is it dependent on the artist or is the shoulder armor in the back more straight in the Cell Saga?

View attachment 153689

Edited: And the white piece that it connects too not so slanted.

Hm, it's slightly different but I suppose it's not much of a difference...

View attachment 153690

Actually, it's quite different than the S.H. Figuarts Android Saga armor...

The back armor is higher and the shoulder straps don't reach far down. The connection is different, too.

View attachment 153692
View attachment 153693

Resculpt! :lol

Well the thing is Figuarts SS Vegeta is the Android saga version, in which he makes his Super Saiyan debut and fights 19 and 18. Bulma makes a slightly different version for his time chamber training and the Cell games.

maxresdefault.jpg

img_show.aspx

Back