S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that would be cool!! Way I see it people should help each other out.....yea others lol

Exactly. I've rarely bought a Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts without asking somebody that I trust who's known the line for a long time. I feel that's a huge advantage to what this forum provides and I'm glad I joined.

...I never knew Japan was 15 hours ahead of us. I ordered something off of Nippon-Yasan and I just received a shipping confirmation. Makes sense after thinking about the geography.

Exactly. I've rarely bought a Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts without asking somebody that I trust who's known the line for a long time. I feel that's a huge advantage to what this forum provides and I'm glad I joined.

...I never knew Japan was 15 hours ahead of us. I ordered something off of Nippon-Yasan and I just received a shipping confirmation. Makes sense after thinking about the geography.
Yea I enjoy when forum members band together.....lol yea one doesn't think about at the time

I looked at Tamashii's release calendar and these are the Dragon Ball related figures or effects that could be used with them...

February/March
- Android 16
- Red and Gray Explosion Effect

April/May
- Act 4/5 Stage Display Set
- Manga Gohan Reissue
- Vegito

May/June
- Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Figuarts Zero EX)

It all depends on Bluefin, who are Tamashii's US distributor. They ship to BBTS, Amazon and all US retailers.

BBTS and other online shops likely won't change their dates until the month has come and gone. I've ordered plenty of stuff from them when their estimated dates have come and gone. So don't be surprised if BBTS doesn't get them until January or February at the latest. However, since they usually get smaller shipments, they might get it earlier than Amazon like BBTS did with Android 18 and 17. 17 came out about 2-3 weeks earlier on BBTS than Amazon. I remember cause I had orders on both sites for him.

Amazon likely has the largest orders and since they have lots of shipping promises, they're more concerned about Bluefin's dates other than anything. So they probably have the "safe" date of February. Especially with the dock workers' strike going on, I'm sure that will be affecting them a lot.

I really like the idea of the "safe" date of February. I forgot who it was but I remember somebody's order from Amazon was pushed back but then it was pushed ahead and they sent it out. I'm hoping for the same to happen with Broly.

Only once have I ever bid on an Ebay item and then instantly regretted my decision (I ended up winning said item).

Broly's hair scares me to the point where I haven't really done anything with him other than pretend fight my cat (should have been there it was pretty epic...). I haven't had a problem with the waist skits being too loose. I think they are purposefully designed to be a bit looser than normal to allow for a better range of leg movement, and maybe so you don't accidentally snap the ball joint if you forget to move them for a pose.

Well friends I'll tell you what, I don't regret jumping into the S.H. Figuarts Line for Dragon Ball Z. Despite the high cost of some figures, I don't regret buying them nor playing with them. I'm glad my brother has helped me buy some and to confirm what I said earlier, He did in fact buy Super Saiyan 3 Goku for $224.50

When I get paid, I plan on buying Trunks despite the high price. 2 Vegitos, 2 Manga Gohans, 2 SS4 Gokus, and Ultimate Gohan are on my to buy list next. Yes, Now tell me how insayian I am. (TFS Joke)

Goodluck Manix! I hope no regret ever pops up!:)

As per explicit request by Ang, but I was honestly gonna show it anyway, here's a shot of my other half of my android display too and a last overview. It's an amalgamation and not a correct display of that particular situation, but that's overall how I approach displaying anyway. I think I'm keeping this for a long time, until more effects come out, or other android characters besides 16.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's a silly question, anyone planning on making a Saiyan Saga type Goku custom? Also, can someone show me an image of Normal Goku and SDCC Goku headswap?

Here's a silly question, anyone planning on making a Saiyan Saga type Goku custom?

Already did that to mine lol. It's quite simple, really. Just swap out the belt with the original (you can use the belt from any oldschool Goku figure on ebay for like 5 bucks, though mines has a Figuarts Krillin belt spare I conveniently had), repaint the boot lining yellow and the laces red, and add the kanji symbols to his gi and you're done (unless you wanna repaint the entire gi too)

Here's a pic of what it looks like (custom belongs to cleve5sp at dragonballfigures.com, shirt logo from eBay).

cleve5sp_zpsb626dff7.jpg

and here's a heavily modified pic showing the SDCC head on the normal Goku body (can't find an image of the normal head on the SDCC body but I know the skin color on the face is inconsistent with the neck). I also added in SDCC colors just to see how it would stack up to the legitimate SDCC Goku.

image-Copy_zps1246937b.jpg

It's nice to see the coverage on the DBZ S.H. line, so far I'm buying everything they've announced even both Super Buus.

Here's a pic of what it looks like (custom belongs to cleve5sp at dragonballfigures.com, shirt logo from eBay).

cleve5sp_zpsb626dff7.jpg

and here's a heavily modified pic showing the SDCC head on the normal Goku body (can't find an image of the normal head on the SDCC body but I know the skin color on the face is inconsistent with the neck). I also added in SDCC colors just to see how it would stack up to the legitimate SDCC Goku.

I would buy that head. It wouldn't bother me that I wouldn't have the SDCC figure but man, I'd buy that head. I think I'm a weird collector. Also, Might buy 2 Krillins and another Goku for the custom SH Figuarts Goku (Early)

I'd love to get a saiyan saga Goku but it would require getting an extra Krillin figure just for the waistband...at that point what do you do with Krillin?

Also under what search can you find those symbol decals for his uniform?

Just type in "figuarts custom" on ebay for the kanji symbols. Although I personally think the symbols that come with the Datong SSj3 head are better. The other ones look like they were just scaled down in paint & printed out on normal paper, which I could've easily done myself lol. Just my opinion tho, hah

I guess I can take a comparison photo later if you guys wanna judge for yourselves

Just type in "figuarts custom" on ebay for the kanji symbols. Although I personally think the symbols that come with the Datong SSj3 head are better. The other ones look like they were just scaled down in paint & printed out on normal paper, which I could've easily done myself lol. Just my opinion tho, hah

I guess I can take a comparison photo later if you guys wanna judge for yourselves

Found the decals...you get a lot of value off one sheet...still...the issue of getting a spare belt...

Goodluck Manix! I hope no regret ever pops up!:)

As per explicit request by Ang, but I was honestly gonna show it anyway, here's a shot of my other half of my android display too and a last overview. It's an amalgamation and not a correct display of that particular situation, but that's overall how I approach displaying anyway. I think I'm keeping this for a long time, until more effects come out, or other android characters besides 16.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:yess:

It doesn't have to be a correct display, foo. Just as long as you like it. :lol

It looks really great! I like how it has a natural feel and flow to it from side-to-side. What effects are you waiting for? Have you decided on whether or not you're getting Android 16?

Take a comparison photo!

I really like the majority of the SDCC Goku figure, especially the faces, just don't care for the hair. I feel the shading could have been done a lot better. Unless you keep him in a Kamehameha pose all the time.

cleve5sp_zpsb626dff7.jpg

Has anybody tried a Manga Goku hair, with the SDCC Goku face, on the SDCC Goku body? I'd like to see how that would turn out.

Broly took a tumble off the desk. With out swearing, I am not best pleased :mad:

Had to fight the urge not to smash something to pieces in a fit of rage. He is now back in his box until I have calmed down and have somewhere safe to put him, i.e. a padded cell somewhere.

Broly took a tumble off the desk. With out swearing, I am not best pleased :mad:

Had to fight the urge not to smash something to pieces in a fit of rage. He is now back in his box until I have calmed down and have somewhere safe to put him, i.e. a padded cell somewhere.

Did anything break?

Back