S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just watching Garlic Jr. Saga today. I hope Android 18 never finds out about Krillin's first girlfriend since, you know, their daughter coincidentally has the same name!

Edited: Been looking into imported figures like most have mentioned on the forum and noticed something called Mafex. They look awesome! The Dark Knight figures and especially Amazing Spider-Man 2. Oh man, they are so beautiful.

Thanks again! Yeah they're "real" characters from the Expanded Universe. The others I have are all ancient Sith Lords that existed thousands of years before the events of Episode 1. None of them have any "official" representations, so I commissioned a friend to make em for me. Maybe I can post a photo if you guys would like to see em?

Oh I just have the D-Arts Mewtwo. Surprised they haven't made Pikachu yet (the most popular 1, should be a no-brainer but Tamashii likes to work backwards as we all know). Not that big into Pokemon (anymore) but I only bought it so I can have a decent Smash Bros display.

Thanks mate! Yeah I don't think I'll buy anymore Marvel Universe figures anytime soon. There's just so many, unless I see one I really want I may buy it. I just wanted physical representations of Marvel's most popular squads & heroes (X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, was gonna get the Guardians & other heroes but oh well, they can wait)

Yeah I agree about SHF being the ultimate adult action figures. They're just the best DBZ figures on the market, no question. Perfectly scaled, too; had they been like 8 or 10 inch figures like the Play Arts Kai then I highly doubt we would have the roster we have now. No way they would've ever made Broly, or Android 16. With the 6-inch scale, they can match almost all character sizes equally without them looking completely ridiculous, give or take a few small size disrepancies here n there.

and btw, 1st gen ipad? They still make those? :lol just kidding lol
I want Revan figure so badly... And yeah I actually really want a figuarts Ash with Pikachu but that's because the anime is such a staple from my youth, they made super-early-morning breakfasts before school bearable to me.:lol

And yeah I still use my first ipad I bought. I like apple products but I'm not an upgrade-zombie. It does what I need it for. It's just annoying that the OS is lagging a bit which can't keep up with my typing sometimes.
The whole American action figure scene has gone downhill in recent years IN MY OPINION. Maybe with the exception of Star Wars..a lot of my ol' collecting buddies don't collect like they used to or switched to other items. Some people may love Hasbro's Marvel Legends, but they aren't the same level as the Toy Biz ones. I used to be a part of a prominent G.I. Joe collecting community and even Joe has gone past their second action figure "renaissance" and are back in a recession.

I guess that's why I'm partial to Figuarts, they capture that balance of articulation and detail that a lot of American figures lack nowadays.
Did they ever though? I feel like Figuarts is a high point action figures have never gotten to before... Just in general. Not in anything <9 inches.
I've broken a few and almost have ANOTHEr about to break, so yeah, the PAK stands are terrible. You have to be super lucky or something. I have a bunch of PAKs like a few Arkham PAKs, Kratos and Drake, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed and Variant Batman. They're all right, but it's a true acquired taste. And the QC is HORRIBLE. They're not terrible, some of them are my favorite figures but you need to know what you're getting into. I've sold a few PAks too - Black Man of Steel, Heath Ledger Joker and trying to sell Bale Batman. Don't have plans to sell anything else bar HT Avengers Captain America.

Yeah Play Arts Kai is not worth the money unless they offer something you have no alternative for and just need to have. But now they've gone 10 inches and hiked up the price I'm outta there. Too bad cause I really wanted that Deathstroke.

Im a new collector and in only one month i got this all[emoji12]
2842be795bcac819c419cd8e0e091207.jpg

HALA MADRID!!!

Yeah Play Arts Kai is not worth the money unless they offer something you have no alternative for and just need to have. But now they've gone 10 inches and hiked up the price I'm outta there. Too bad cause I really wanted that Deathstroke.

That's the reason why the only Kais I buy anymore are the Final Fantasy ones.

More of Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan and Buutenks is great. I hope we get a smirk face for Gohan

Broly arrive. Very impressive and imposing figure. Have nowhere to put him mind. The width of his display box laying on its vertical edge is as tall as your regular figuarts DB box. Haven't done much in the way of posing yet mainly due to the fact I haven't quite worked out the legs yet, or hip joint should I say. He's got a bit of weight to him and feels solid enough. Paint apps are good although on the right arm guard there is a smug/figure print ridge detail from who ever painted it but it is VERY minor and hardly noticeable. There is however a noticeable sculpt line on his chest which I'm sure others will see once they get their ones in the post. Its not a deal breaker though and to be honest it could very well just be mine. Hair scares the living daylights out of me though, as it looks a tad fragile at the tips :s

broly comp pic.jpg

Showing sculpt line.jpg

Sorry in advance if the pictures are ginormous :/ The second one is meant to show where a sculpt line can be seen on the chest but the picture isn't great so I drew it in...not the best I know but I thought I should mention it and at least try to show it.

Hmm, SSJ3 Goku in an otherwise brand new unreleased display set. Is that display finished? He is out of place totally there apart from being the same saga.

These prototypes are here in Brazil, there is an event called Comic Con Experience happening in Sao Paulo. I'm gonna be there tomorrow and I'll take good pictures of them all.

These prototypes are here in Brazil, there is an event called Comic Con Experience happening in Sao Paulo. I'm gonna be there tomorrow and I'll take good pictures of them all.

Awesome bro, have fun. Try and ask some questions if u can, specially about this vegeta we're looking at

That pic of crossed arms Vegito is SICK. I think I'm actually looking forward to Vegito more than Broly. @aka: yea I noticed that on some of the other pics ppl posted.

Back