S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm bit surprised in a way that Datong, being a 3rd party company producing K.O. figures, will be reissuing their SS Vegeta. Although they do now have a large customer base. I wonder if, in the not to distant future, they will make their "own" DB Figuarts using "original molds" (much like 3rd part TF companies do) like Tien, Yamcha, Master Roshi using a Broly body perhaps :/, as in all honesty I very much doubt Tamashii will ever release characters that are not your A and B grade characters. What do you guys think?

On another note the Broly I bought on Ebay was posted today so hopefully in a week or so he should arrive (just going be previous experience of receiving items from Hong Kong).

because...

quote-William-S.-Burroughs-nothing-is-true-everything-is-permitted-124339_1.png
david-hume-meme-generator-i-ll-see-your-skepticism-and-raise-you-the-problem-of-induction-452e01.jpg

Alex Blas on the facebook page posted that pic that Angelo posted. From what I gather he is a distributor for figuarts and the information came from him. My guess is the conversation is with the Datong company.

Hm.... The way I read it, and this is not to give false hope, but it sounds genuinely as if they're reissuing him. Or I'm completely missing an essential part of the context here.

Hmm bit surprised in a way that Datong, being a 3rd party company producing K.O. figures, will be reissuing their SS Vegeta. Although they do now have a large customer base. I wonder if, in the not to distant future, they will make their "own" DB Figuarts using "original molds" (much like 3rd part TF companies do) like Tien, Yamcha, Master Roshi using a Broly body perhaps :/, as in all honesty I very much doubt Tamashii will ever release characters that are not your A and B grade characters. What do you guys think?

In my opinion their SSj Trunks head has been their best release thus far. It blends in perfectly with the rest of the line, they really hit the nail on the head with it, it's spot-on (and who knows why in the hell Tamashii hasn't released their own version yet). Only thing that could've improved it was if they also released a long-haired standard Trunks head to go with it.

I believe that if they go after the "niche" market by releasing characters such as Tien, Yamcha, even Roshi or Mr. Satan, then they will be very successful. If the rumors of them releasing a Datong Freeza are true, then expect to see a lot of Mecha Freeza, Cooler & Metal Cooler customs

Tamashii might be better off releasing a SSJ Vegeta 2.0 (follow the Hot Toys model and improve on the original).

Tweak the sculpt slightly, add some new faces and hands, FIX THE BOOT TIPS and you can advertise him as SSJ Vegeta 2.0 and get around the re-issue jungle "laws" and put out a new product and stick it to the Bootleggers.

That would be great, but people will still want the original release anyway no matter what :monkey4

In my opinion their SSj Trunks head has been their best release thus far. It blends in perfectly with the rest of the line, they really hit the nail on the head with it, it's spot-on (and who knows why in the hell Tamashii hasn't released their own version yet). Only thing that could've improved it was if they also released a long-haired standard Trunks head to go with it.

I believe that if they go after the "niche" market by releasing characters such as Tien, Yamcha, even Roshi or Mr. Satan, then they will be very successful. If the rumors of them releasing a Datong Freeza are true, then expect to see a lot of Mecha Freeza, Cooler & Metal Cooler customs

Depending if he transforms again in the movie, I can imagine A LOT of god Frieza customs based on the poster.

Tamashii might be better off releasing a SSJ Vegeta 2.0 (follow the Hot Toys model and improve on the original).

Tweak the sculpt slightly, add some new faces and hands, FIX THE BOOT TIPS and you can advertise him as SSJ Vegeta 2.0 and get around the re-issue jungle "laws" and put out a new product and stick it to the Bootleggers.

Brilliant move. :clap

That would be great, but people will still want the original release anyway no matter what :monkey4

Screw 'em! :mad:

Oh, and the post I made about Super Saiyan Vegeta was Datong. Nickshaw's explanation was spot on about the guy on Facebook.

There's a lot of moral debate in this thread, but certainly the moral thing to do would be to lock those people up, right? I don't think a single person in this thread will have sympathy for someone complaining about not getting the original if we got a new version.

I'm buying 3 of those Vegeta's that Bardoon proposed, if they make them. I won't ask for any other Vegeta's if we get that.

All those pictures of Broly all have been posting are awesome! I'm looking forward to someone doing something like this:

View attachment 148884

It is true that people would still want the original SS Vegeta if a 2.0 or something similar was ever released by Tamashii purely for the fact that it has become so sort after. Its just how a large majority of people work. I recently bought the Datong SS Veg to go with my Datong Scouter Veg and if a 2.0 Tamashii figure came out I'd want that but I would still also, to some degree, what the official original SS Vegeta.

Angelo I think the Broly box just comes with the DBZ logo as its an "international" release and their will not be a separate release for Japan (only saying this going by the Freeza boxs, some with Dragon Ball Kai - Japan release - and others with DBZ - International)?

Also really like that hand drawn pic of Broly choking both Cell and Freeza. Looks as though he's just out on a stroll, enjoying himself.

Oh no doubt! But it will help calm the Bootleg market a bit as well as make a sought-after product available to your fans and consumers. We're all still waiting on Majin/Buu Saga Vegeta, but while they're at it, if they're hiding behind their "re-issue mumbo jumbo", then just make a SSJ Vegeta 2.0 and you get around all that.

Speaking on the bootleg re-issue stuff, if Datong is truly going to redo SSJ Vegeta again, they'd be wise to fix those boot-tips. ;) But it also makes me think that they DON'T have access to all the molds that we might think they have. Why haven't they jumped on the HUGE money-maker that is Trunks? It's quite possible they don't have their hands on it or molding that figure from the original is not cost effective for them? And the recent re-issue news of Gohan completely negates that figure for the NEAR future.

Keep in mind that these people are bootleggers, they copy things. I don't think they posses the capacity to create something original, yes they made SSj hair for Trunks, but that didn't even match the style of the other figuarts, and was not the best quality. Besides, a hair piece is a lot different than a full figure.

I get that many people are happy that we got a close alternative to SH SSj Vegeta, but remember that these guys are stealing from Tamashii's artists and designers, the people who work hard to invent the original works. Lets not lose sight of that.

(disclaimer, I have a datong SSj Vegeta, but I will buy the original once Tamashii sells it again)

Somebody needs to ask Tamashii Bluefin if they're even aware that there's bootlegs of their products on the market, I'd like to see their response

Back