S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, though its nothing special.

The shelf is crowded, so I separated it to get a wide shot.

View attachment 144197

Here's a close up on the shelf anyway though.

View attachment 144198

Oh, sweet. Any attempt at a display between two figures is special. It's more rare than just having them displayed all together but with no interaction and you put up an awesome set-up between the two. I really like that look of Manga Gohan with Perfect Cell. ...Now I can't wait to get Manga Gohan to set this up.

...We may need to get a far back shot of that shelf. :lol

Yeah they are just regular figuarts stands that I painted. I'm really happy on how they came out. And I just painted the Datong Vegeta screaming face like I did the ones that came with the SS Vegeta. Painted the hair, eyebrows, and eyes. Just used acrylic white and yellow and mixed them up until I got the desired platinum color. Adding more white than yellow.

Thanks! I really like the faces that came with the Scouter Vegeta more than the Super Saiyan one for the most part. I'm hoping someone does some more for Broly. While I like the faces that come with him that we've seen there are some that I wish would have come with him also. And I agree. The display case still has plenty of room. I have them spread out enough so it doesn't look to empty. Soon enough though I won't have any room lol

You did a great job painting them. I would have thought you bought them from a company or something. Oh okay, that makes sense. It really POPS out with that coloring. I'm always impressed with your coloring work. You've taken quite a few of them to the next level of really standing out.

I agree about Broly's faces. I wish they had a face with a huge smile. It seems that was always a common face for him.

images

Edited: Are you going to paint Broly's hair more greenish? I've been thinking about trying it to see how it turns out if the actual S.H. Figuarts doesn't have a green tint to it. This picture, that seems to be the final hair product, makes me believe that he will though...

1907435_818935364794391_3521758908064053972_n.jpg

Anyone in need of a Trunks? I have an extra I'm looking to get rid of. Brand new, never opened. PM me. Thanks

I'm surprised we haven't seen anything of Broly. I guess the month is still young but I would have figured we'd see him in the box or at least in plastic. The anticipation is going to kill me! :gah:

yo angelo, here are a few of mine for Gohan vs cell poses.

Spoiler Spoiler:

god, these date back from july 2013 :lol

yo angelo, here are a few of mine for Gohan vs cell poses.

Spoiler Spoiler:

god, these date back from july 2013 :lol

Beautiful photography work, blood! That first picture is just stunning. The poses, the lighting, just fantastic. I really like the second photo, truly reminds me of the anime. The decapitation is awesomely bloody. :yess: Well done, blood. Thank you for sharing.

Shoryuken!
No seriously, I really like that Gohan Cell setup! Nice job!

:lol Thanks!

Oh, sweet. Any attempt at a display between two figures is special. It's more rare than just having them displayed all together but with no interaction and you put up an awesome set-up between the two. I really like that look of Manga Gohan with Perfect Cell. ...Now I can't wait to get Manga Gohan to set this up.

...We may need to get a far back shot of that shelf. :lol

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it! I was very pleased (translation: bubbling over with fanboy glee) when I first picked up Gohan and was able to recreate this scene.

As for the shelf, I can get some pictures if you do want to see. It'll take a couple of days though. I'm planning to get a new floating shelf for my dbz figures, so that they (and my Spider-man figures) can spread out a bit. Once they're separated I might do a couple of new poses, and I'll take pictures then.

Manga Gohan looks beautiful. Whenever I find him, I'll buy it.

Its a fantastic figure. In fact he's my favorite in the line (so far, Mystic Gohan will trump that). Definitely pick him up when you can.

blood: Those are some great shots. The first is my favorite. Very imposing.

Nice display Nickshaw! The Scouter Vegeta looks good, but when I look at the two center figures in their basic form everybody else just pales in comparison.

You did a great job painting them. I would have thought you bought them from a company or something. Oh okay, that makes sense. It really POPS out with that coloring. I'm always impressed with your coloring work. You've taken quite a few of them to the next level of really standing out.

I agree about Broly's faces. I wish they had a face with a huge smile. It seems that was always a common face for him.

images

Edited: Are you going to paint Broly's hair more greenish? I've been thinking about trying it to see how it turns out if the actual S.H. Figuarts doesn't have a green tint to it. This picture, that seems to be the final hair product, makes me believe that he will though...

View attachment 144213

I appreciate the comments bud. I really liked how everything turned out. And that huge smiling face and the face he has when they show him in his Legendary form for the first time are 2 I'm really surprised they didn't include. And I've thought about painting the hair with a little greenish tint. I'm gonna wait until I see it in hand before deciding. I'm thinking about buying another Broly to either keep in box or customize though.

Anyone in need of a Trunks? I have an extra I'm looking to get rid of. Brand new, never opened. PM me. Thanks

If I had the funds I'd be all over that! I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it quickly though

Hey guys haven't been on in a while, want to catch up on some things. Is anybody excited for Vegetto, seeing as how tamashii is just reusing the SS Goku mold body yet again. Also I've heard rumors of a SS4 Goku coming, any truth to this?

Also I've been browsing eBay and notice that they now have Datong Scouter Vegeta which worries me asa simple tweak to the color scheme could have people passing these off as SDCC Vegeta. I also saw a new Datong SS Goku so be careful guys. (same situation, I.e. SDCC Goku) Datong SS Vegeta prices have also skyrocketed. I suppose since the real one has become so scarce.

Also did anybody get the Datong Trunks long hair head? PM me

Hey guys haven't been on in a while, want to catch up on some things. Is anybody excited for Vegetto, seeing as how tamashii is just reusing the SS Goku mold body yet again. Also I've heard rumors of a SS4 Goku coming, any truth to this?

Also I've been browsing eBay and notice that they now have Datong Scouter Vegeta which worries me asa simple tweak to the color scheme could have people passing these off as SDCC Vegeta. I also saw a new Datong SS Goku so be careful guys. (same situation, I.e. SDCC Goku) Datong SS Vegeta prices have also skyrocketed. I suppose since the real one has become so scarce.

Also did anybody get the Datong Trunks long hair head? PM me

Hi! Welcome back :) Most everyone here is excited for Vegito for sure and SS4 Goku is official as well. Page 2586 I believe has some good pics that were provided by Cooler. And all my Vegeta's are the Datong versions. Including the body I'm using for the Datong Trunks head. Click the link in my signature for pics of it. Any questions I'm sure we can answer for you. The officials are obviously better but the Datongs are not bad alternatives.

@Ang yes 'the worst' is indeed if Buutenks would be a separate release. I don't get his release AT ALL. If you're gonna release two super buus, make one of them at least the neutral tall buu.

I MIGHT still buy a buu, but I want one that looks like neutral buu, at this point I'm fine with either super or kid. I don't want the absorbed looks. And though Vegito is cool, I have no idea what to do with that figure, I literally wouldn't know where to put it. And honestly, he's kinda cool, but I'm not a particular fan, he was never meant to remain like that as the permanance of the earrings could have never lasted writing-wise, and he's only in a couple of eps. Not worth it to me. Every other time vegeta and goku will fuse they'll become Gogeta not Vegito. He's cool, but not important to me, and I'm not in the 'I buy everything I find cool' phase of collecting anymore.

Besides a gohan, a vegeta, a goku, videl and maybe gotenks and either super or kid buu, I don't need anything post-cell. It's kindof bizarre that I'm at a point where I probably WOULD have bought a kid buu next to a super buu, and now they're making neither.XD Bizarre.

@WVA here's a super short summary:
- Buuhan, Buutenks, Ultimate Gohan and ssj4 Goku were all shown and are the presumed next SHF Figuarts releases. They all seem to be manga coloured.
- SHF Zero had a new boku and vegeta saiyan saga beam battle, a Raditz, and a Bardock.
- They announced quite a lot of cool new effects and a DBZ rock-wasteland-stand.
- Recently in an interview from nycc14 we learned there's NO confirmation or decision made on web exclusive releases. And because of Broly's insane PO - numbers they might take another look at Shenron. He ignored Nappa, he said another vegeta release "is very possible" and DBZ is Tamashii's top selling line :)yess:).

I think that's about the most crucial recap of all stuff. Most of us have speculated Buuhan and Buutenks are the same release, but I recently saw Buutenks has a three part torso which made me get weary of whether this is true.

Most of us here are excited for Vegeto, that's a must-buy for me. About the same Goku mold body, yeah I agree they should've switched it up by adding different ridges in his gi and such, but as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it ya know? I could see if Goku's body was inherently a bad mold that they keep reusing, but it's not. It's just a gi, there's only so many ways you can mold a gi and this is the most visually appealing way. We're just being nitpicky about it to be honest.

Thanks for the update guys, I scrolled back and saw the new pics, really don't understand the 2 Buus myself either but I've become a completionist with this line and at this point they have me at their mercy with all releases unfortunately x(

Goku's mould is inherently bad when it comes to the shoulder/biceps seam, which ssj3 boku had FIXED, yet they continue to use the old limb mould. Really weird.

Ouch yeah, completionism is getting brutal with this line. Especially considering the small market window.

Bad when compared to the hundreds upon hundreds of other absolutely terrible Goku action figures we had to put up with for the past 2 decades?

Yeah, we're just nitpicking :lol

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it! I was very pleased (translation: bubbling over with fanboy glee) when I first picked up Gohan and was able to recreate this scene.

As for the shelf, I can get some pictures if you do want to see. It'll take a couple of days though. I'm planning to get a new floating shelf for my dbz figures, so that they (and my Spider-man figures) can spread out a bit. Once they're separated I might do a couple of new poses, and I'll take pictures then.

I know how you feel! I've had Perfect Cell for awhile and decided to save up the money and buy an SDCC Gohan so I can finally have an interaction between the two. Still haven't perfected it but I'm still trying to think of ideas.

Yeah, definitely! No worries, take your time. I'm looking forward to them! It's awesome when people share their displays/shelves.

Here's mine...

WP_20141104_012.jpg

They're in a state of limbo at the moment. I need one more stand to complete the Trunks/Androids display I have in mind, minus the background.

I appreciate the comments bud. I really liked how everything turned out. And that huge smiling face and the face he has when they show him in his Legendary form for the first time are 2 I'm really surprised they didn't include. And I've thought about painting the hair with a little greenish tint. I'm gonna wait until I see it in hand before deciding. I'm thinking about buying another Broly to either keep in box or customize though.

If I had the funds I'd be all over that! I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it quickly though

Those faces would have been cool accessories. Yeah, that's a good idea. I think I'm just paranoid with the hair because of the displays recently. Haven't really noticed a greenish tint to the hair in them but they may still be prototypes and not of the final product. Hopefully. Nah, if you buy another one, don't keep him in the box. It can't contain him! :lol

Back