S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 2nd Datong SS Vegeta in today and repainted the body and made the heads normal. Trunks has a body now lol and hopefully I can snag one of those Datong Scouter Vegeta's soon.

Last edited:
Calling it now, Datongs next character will be Trunks (aside from the rumored Normal Gohan headswap & SSj2 Goku headswap)

They are slowly but surely dipping into Tamashii's pockets

You did all of that, nickshaw? :horror

How the heck did you make the Super Saiyan heads into regular heads? That's fantastic work.

Trunks is amazing, too. You're really giving these figures more depth and I didn't even know that was possible.

Calling it now, Datongs next character will be Trunks (aside from the rumored Normal Gohan headswap & SSj2 Goku headswap)

They are slowly but surely dipping into Tamashii's pockets

I hope they do a Trunks like the one released by Tamashi. Would save be a ton of money. Would like if Tamashi did a re-release but they haven't hinted that they plan too.

You did all of that, nickshaw? :horror

How the heck did you make the Super Saiyan heads into regular heads? That's fantastic work.

Trunks is amazing, too. You're really giving these figures more depth and I didn't even know that was possible.

Thanks :) making the head regular just requires a couple coats of black acrylic and fine tip brush. And a lot of patience lol took me a little longer to complete than I thought. Especially on the faces.

:lol This might come to the point where we're more excited for Datong's upcoming knock-offs more so than Bandai's newest releases!

I wonder if this will get Bandai's attention now. They might be assembling their team of samurai lawyers as we speak.

I'll be surprised if Datong releases a third character. Any American company would've been at their throats trying to hunt this down and Chinese companies would've underhandedly shut it down for fear of losing big investors and contracts.

On that note, the figure looks great! And he comes with A LOT! It also looks like they took fan "feedback" and painted the white boot tips. :lol

I think I'll be investing in another Datong product. If I any of Bandai's distributors, I would show this as another additional proof that re-releases can be highly successful. Look, your "competition" is putting out your products again and they're SELLING OUT!

If Datong were to fabricate a Nappa, then....

Considering they seem to somehow have access to Bandai's molds...it's quite possible they might have the Nappa mold? If Bandai made several samples and not just a hand-sculpted prototype.

#DATONGWEWANTNAPPA:clap

Last edited:
Probably. Bear in mind, I think as we once discussed, Supreme Kai sort of talked out of his ass and had no clue about the Saiyans' general power levels. He only knew about Frieza and Buu. he doesn't even know about Cell :lol

:lol This might come to the point where we're more excited for Datong's upcoming knock-offs more so than Bandai's newest releases!

I wonder if this will get Bandai's attention now. They might be assembling their team of samurai lawyers as we speak.

I'll be surprised if Datong releases a third character. Any American company would've been at their throats trying to hunt this down and Chinese companies would've underhandedly shut it down for fear of losing big investors and contracts.

On that note, the figure looks great! And he comes with A LOT! It also looks like they took fan "feedback" and painted the white boot tips. :lol

I think I'll be investing in another Datong product. If I any of Bandai's distributors, I would show this as another additional proof that re-releases can be highly successful. Look, your "competition" is putting out your products again and they're SELLING OUT!

I don't see a problem with it, to be honest. Bandai/Tamashii sold their quantity for a specific price. There's really no harm other than licensing which would be Toei's problem, right?

I hope they do a Trunks like the one released by Tamashi. Would save be a ton of money. Would like if Tamashi did a re-release but they haven't hinted that they plan too.

Thanks :) making the head regular just requires a couple coats of black acrylic and fine tip brush. And a lot of patience lol took me a little longer to complete than I thought. Especially on the faces.

I feel if they produced Trunks, it would make their Super Saiyan Vegeta sales look minuscule.

I bought a a couple of brushes the other day so I'm getting ready! ...Yeah, that patience is going to be a problem for me, ha.

If Datong were to fabricate a Nappa, then....

Screw Nappa, imagine if they molded a Tien!

There are some more Datong Scouter Vegeta's but they all have insane shipping amounts. I'm gonna wait and see if any more show up at the $32 price

Yeah, I noticed that. I messaged the other seller to see if he was going to get in more stock but he hasn't replied.

Sweet! Can't wait to see your work :)

It'll be awhile but I'm looking forward to doing it. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that first or my planned Super Saiyan Gohan/Perfect Cell setup. That's my "piece de resistance" display. For that, I'd have to paint a background, too.

Back