S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was I wrong to think that Japanese businessmen possess an enduring moral creed, whereas American "cowboys" like to play it fast and loose.

I don't really want to dwell on this but I'm interested in finding out what makes you think that the "Japanese businessman possess an enduring moral creed" that would curb an appetite for greed that is endemic to capitalist economies?

Here's a 2007 study that calculates the Business Ethics Index for China, America, India and Japan:
https://datapro.fiu.edu/campusedge/files/articles/seatonf2485.pdf

A quote from the introduction:
Based on the impeccable reputation and performance of certain Japanese products (e.g., Toyota cars and Sony televisions), most non-Japanese have formed a ‘‘robust’’ image of all Japanese corporations – a phenomenon similar to a ‘‘halo’’ effect (Chikudate, 2000). Unfortunately, Japan has had its share of scandals with Livedoor doing the same in Japan as Enron did in the U.S.A. The list continues with scandals of various forms coming from Snow Brand Foods, Tokyo Electric Co., Nippon Meat Packers, and Mitsui & Co. (BusinessWorld, 2003). Actually, Nakano (1997) quoted Kuno's (1977) finding that there were more incidences of unethical behavior among Japanese companies than among American companies. Despite the recent efforts by both the government and corporations to curtail ethical malpractice, dangou (illegal collusion), karoshi (death from overwork), and consumer fraud still remain prominent (Demise, 2005).

As you can see, there is a great disparity between what you think and what actually is.

Gosh that's pretty.

I'm not much for re-paints -- I'm typically ok with having one color variant of each figure -- but I've always had an affinity for Vegeta and his alternate color form from the anime so I'm trying to pick him up in the aftermarket before prices get a little too insane.

Crazy that the only figures that are currently being sold at or near retail are Piccolo (Manga) [Reissue], SS Goku [Reissue], Son Goku and Krillin. Of course that's due in large part to those particular figures being a few of the most recently released / reissued but, still, only a matter of time before that changes, eh?

I get damn near depressed looking at SS3 Goku and SS Vegeta aftermarket prices so I could only imagine how discouraging it would be for individuals who, as either long-time or newly-baptized fans of DBZ, are just now crawling up from beneath their rock and discovering this line.

I enjoy repaints since they seem to separate anime and manga versions of the character. I'd also enjoy repaints if it can be used as a loophole to re-release a figure; Super Saiyan Vegeta for example.

You may be in luck with Super Saiyan 3 Goku next year for SDCC. He seems to be the top candidate at the moment.

Would anybody happen to have a picture of a Manga Super Saiyan Goku head with a SDCC Super Saiyan Goku face on a SDCC Super Saiyan Goku body? I'm curious what the Manga hair looks like with the SDCC body.

I just recently found it and I'll have it in about 3 weeks probably. Datong makes one too.

Here's a video that somebody took of Broly...

There's not much to it but the video captures just how insanely gigantic he's going to be...

Broly's hair looks like Broly's hair compared to the hairs after SDCC Goku, but looks basically the same compared to manga hair colors of Goku and Gohan.

At least in that video it does

Also I genuinely never dared wager we'd get Broly before Buu.

Is Broly bigger than MonsterArts Godzilla?:lol

He's comparable in size to them that's for sure. They had his display right next to the Godzilla 2014 one at SDCC.

I would wager to say he's definitely taller and look bulkier than they do.

I actually own a set of those Saint Seya dragon pieces, but I haven't really put them to use :/

dr.JPG

But if you guys want me to set it up with SS3 Goku to see how it looks then I won't mind doing that

I actually own a set of those Saint Seya dragon pieces, but I haven't really put them to use :/

View attachment 137871

But if you guys want me to set it up with SS3 Goku to see how it looks then I won't mind doing that

Would you, please? As long as you don't mind, crisis. I'd like to see that set up because that's the main reason why I'm interested in buying it.

Back