S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere that the DB SH Figuarts were going to stay away from DBGT figures but since Goku SSJ4 is in the Tamashii Buddies, what are the odds they'll do him? I never got through the anime but I loved the character design.

I recall PwnStar telling us that when he was fielding questions to a Tamashii representative a while back, one of them was an inquiry for SSj4 Goku, to which the representative responded, and I'm paraphrasing, that "Super Saiyan 4 Goku isn't a very popular design in Japan, so the chances of seeing him was unlikely." However, as we should know by now, things change so who knows what the future has in store.

I like the Super Saiyan 4 design (but don't care for the colors...yuck, he should be blonde) but there's quite a number of other characters and figure variations from DBZ I'd like to see before we see a SS4 Goku.

Hopefully by the time they do SS4 we'll have a pretty broad roster of DBZ characters.

I wouldn't mind if they dabble into GT, mainly because I'd LOVE a Pan figure and a Yī Xīng Lóng AKA "Omega Shenron" figure.

Only figures id like to see from gt are ssj 4 gogeta, goku and vegeta, nova, ice and omega shenron and maybe super baby vegeta

Did Bluefin provide a poll at SDCC 2014?
We should probably expect next figures to be those we saw on their old poll. All of the already announced figures were there, including Broly and Vegetto. Next prototypes are probably gotenks, goten and trunks, majin boo, adult gohan, bardock and I can't remember the other options...

I know its anyone's guess really, but how likely do you guys think it is that manga Gohan will see a re-release? Its the only one outside of 18 that I don't have and I really don't want to pay $150-$200 for it...

Very likely. It'll happen sooner or later. Maybe when they have a huge gap between characters coming out, they can fill it in with Gohan. I'm taking my chance and waiting.

I read somewhere that the DB SH Figuarts were going to stay away from DBGT figures but since Goku SSJ4 is in the Tamashii Buddies, what are the odds they'll do him? I never got through the anime but I loved the character design.

They have so many characters to cover before they even touch GT. I would love them to do quite a few characters/versions from that series but I can't imagine any of them in the next 3 - 5 years.

I wonder who they will consider next if Nappa does well...?

Hopefully either Raditz or Recoome, and in turn if he does well, paves the way for the entire Ginyu Sentai

I would imagine Raditz BEFORE Nappa, actually.

Since I am new to these figures I was hoping I could get some help. Can some one please let me know where is the best place to keep track of whats coming out? What figures have been made and are out? Also where is the best place to buy the figures when they come out?

BBTS is a fine place to buy them. They have everything and will prominently list preorders on the main page and have plenty of stock.

Since I am new to these figures I was hoping I could get some help. Can some one please let me know where is the best place to keep track of whats coming out? What figures have been made and are out? Also where is the best place to buy the figures when they come out?

The next figures that are coming out are Android 17, Broly, and Android 16. Those should keep you covered until maybe April 2015.

Thanks to Orbital Frame, this is a list of the figures that have been made...

FYI I did a release dates list (based on Tamashii page except for the SDCC ones):

November - (Manga) Piccolo

January - (Manga) Super Saiyan Son Goku
July - (Manga) Super Saiyan Son Gohan

July - Super Saiyan Son Goku SCE*
December - Super Saiyan Vegeta

March - Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku
May - Trunks
July - Super Saiyan Son Gohan SCE*
November - Perfect Cell

April - Vegeta
June - Final Form Frieza
July - Piccolo SCE*
October - Klilyn

April - (Manga) Son Goku
June - Android No. 18
July - Vegeta OAC*
September - Android No. 17
November - Broly

January - Android No. 16**
X - Super Saiyan Vegito**

*SDCC Exclusive
**Awaiting official release date.

Only the first three (2009-2010) were not exclusive.

Amazon and Big Bad Toy Store seem to be the main two places to get them, especially in pre-order. There's alternative sites like Toy Arena and Anime Island, as well. Sometimes they're cheaper.

Just wanted to know, the SDCC Vegeta didn't come with a brown shipper box right?

I dunno why I'm even asking though, I look at the boxes like I want to get those too, but it seems like a bother and a waste lol.

Oh also, how much did the SDCC Vegeta go for at the convention? And do you think they'll be selling some at NYCC?

Thank you SurlyJ and Angelo2113 I appreciate the information. Wow $200 for a figure I guess that's the price you pay if you don't pick up the figures when they come out and want to collect them all. Man what did I get my self into.

Just wanted to know, the SDCC Vegeta didn't come with a brown shipper box right?

I dunno why I'm even asking though, I look at the boxes like I want to get those too, but it seems like a bother and a waste lol.

Oh also, how much did the SDCC Vegeta go for at the convention? And do you think they'll be selling some at NYCC?

No brown box for SDCC Vegeta. He was $45 but after CA sales tax I was charged $49 and change.

I've been a supporter of SDCC Vegeta since the day he was announced. I get that people wanted an SSJ Vegeta but too bad. This has a legitimate reason to exist and I can't wait until mine arrives!

Hey all,

Long time lurker here, finally decided to join and post!

First things first; wow, Tamashii really surprised me with the Broly and Android 16 announcements. I have already preordered Broly and cannot wait to get him! December/January seems soooo far away. I'm also really looking forward to Android 17's release; he looks damn impressive.

As for SDCC Vegeta; I have mixed feelings about this release. I am among the crowd that missed out on SS Vegeta, and it blows (I got into this line about a year ago). The demand is crazy, and after following this thread up to the SDCC announcement, I believed there to be a good chance we would see some form/variation of SS Vegeta as the exclusive. Sadly, as we know, this was not the case. I hope Tamashii releases a variation of SS Vegeta soon. For now, the Datong bootleg will have to do. And in regards to whether I will be buying SDCC Vegeta, I'm leaning towards yes; the more I see pics, the more he grows on me. Might as well get him now before he (possibly) skyrockets in price like the others, though the $80-90 price tag I'm seeing him go for is kind of steep.

By the way, what is up with SDCC Goku's price!? One minute he's $250ish, the next he's sitting at around $400-$500 (on both Amazon and eBay)!!!!

Welp, I think I've rambled enough. Here are some pics of my collection. I look forward to joining in on the discussions!

IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0754.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

I thought I remember reading somewhere that there is a bootleg SSJ3 Goku head, am I wrong?

I wish I never got sucked into this line....It's costing me a fortune, a fortune that I don't have haha.

Sweet display goshuggah!

I just set my display back up. Feels annoyingly light without SS3 Goku. Hopefully he gets a rerelease.

Added Android 18 to my bbts pile of loot and regular piccolo, might as well have him to go with my sdcc, display one with cape and one without. I just sold my Krillin too but not sure about rebuying him. He always annoyed me on the show and his figure, while done extremely well, annoyed me too.

Krillin iswithout a doubt the first to go should I sell anything. But he'd be the only one too.

But since I've seen dragonball I like him. You really gotta know him from there to realise he's nearly as die hard as goku andappre iate what they've been through nd that he's actually, together with tien, the steongest human alive.

Back