S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, genuinely don't think broly looks too good. The shoulder, neck muscle area is suppar imo.

I'm glad we'll get armoured nappa if at all so we can be spared such again.

Yeah, I know what you mean - still looks a little off to me no matter how much I look at it. The overall effect makes his head look too small to me. I will still get him for the collection, and it'll probably be better in-hand but it's mainly in the hope of getting Nappa and other large figures that I will be buying him. Can't wait for the androids now! Hope they show 16 at SDCC - really want to see some more shots of him!

Raditz would be cool, would definitely get him for sure. I hope he'll be made someday if the line continues to do well.

I wonder if Nappa sells well, will that raise the possibilities for a Raditz figure? I know he's not very popular but he's the first villain of DBZ!

I also wonder why adult Broly never had a tail (aside from Bio-Broly)? Was it always just wrapped around his waste so we never see it? WE NEED TO KNOW

Considering his uncontrollable and dangerous power, it's possible Paragus had it removed to help "control" and restrain Broly more. It's one thing to have a Legendary Super Saiyan son, but do you want a Legendary Super Saiyan Ozaru??? Probably not.

Some pics of 18 and the DBZ shelf

850F3CD3-8882-4A6F-AB59-1E4E46E25CFD.jpg

Got lazy and didnt feel like using a tamashii stand :p

6CE29E26-0294-4F6F-9841-6D42500CBE24.jpg

DBZ shelf is getting kinda crowded

25A4A475-E518-4E8E-8F58-E1EB202CD9C8.jpg

Images from Tamashii Nation Akiba Showroom:
banl562.jpg

banl566.jpg
Source: TAG Hobby.
These two images bring me some concerns.

The first being that even if the should could tilt down as I illustrated in photoshop, it wont be enough to counter the height of the shoulder 'wheels' that the shoulders pivot from

That's largely the cause of his shoulders looking so tall, that wheel/disk.

The next concern I mentioned earlier, his small feet in terms of balance (oddly they're smaller than the artwork). It's not very encouraging to see TWO Tamashii armatures holding him up. and he has Krillins type of ankle joint (which I'm not sure how much weight that design can handle before getting loose or snapping) I hope they're reenforced somehow.

I hope someone can bring up these concerns in person with Tamashii....
Pwnstar, you there?
Maybe someone who would going to the con then?

Beyond that, he looks amazing to me in terms of articulation, detail, and paint apps :)
I think his hair is the perfect tone.

Considering his uncontrollable and dangerous power, it's possible Paragus had it removed to help "control" and restrain Broly more. It's one thing to have a Legendary Super Saiyan son, but do you want a Legendary Super Saiyan Ozaru??? Probably not.
Considering how much Vegeta alone struggled to stop Oozaru Gohan and that it was what defeated him, that would be ungodly. I could honestly see that actually killing a Z fighter and hell even a planet easily.

@Anubis20 great display! :clap I believe a new shelf will soon be in order

banl562.jpg

dem nipples tho

@Philo I get the excitement over Broly but... from a more neutral perspective... he's far from the best designed release... He's less good than I had expected. I was affraid I'd be tempted because I do find broly's design impressive. Far from it so it turns out.

Gonna hold off on buying 18, I'm sure she's be around a few months, closer to 17's release. Might bey a second Goku just in case, or piccolo. Or some zeros. dunno. Or nothing if my bills pile up and I have to go God mode to destroy them.

I agree we should've had Nappa by now, but Broly kept scoring high on all their polls so they're just going with what the majority wants

Great display AzimK :D

Who has the best price for those tamashii impact effects? (shipping included, because I always go with the free shipping option on Amazon. Does any store beat that yet)?

@Silrian Yeah, the recent pic didn't do too many favors to those who already thought his shoulders (read: boulders) are too large.
My photoshops were too optimistic, (I know he can lower his shoulders, but it might not be enough to undo the largeness of them as I once thought)

(;-_-)

banl565.jpg

I just noticed that he can't move his neck! :eek:

He can rotate his head, yes, but there is no separate neck joint. That's not something that would be resolved though, I'm fine with it (read: I'll deal with it).

Good eye. Didn't notice that until now. Boulders is a good term to call his shoulders lol. The designers literally just used Toriyama's original sketch of Broly for reference and nothing else.

Great display AzimK! It's funny cuz I was actually just thinking about posing my Trunks in that exact pose you got yours in haha

Congrats.

Pics arent working for some reason.

I think it'd be wise to pick these up a couple more now before they dry up like the other DBZ releases, as these are a Tamashii web ex in asia.

Weird that the pics aren't working...

10473211_10152222901568693_1379766483924836354_n.jpg

I really want Cell and 18 next. I think I might chase those.

Back