S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it's the hypocrisy of calling people out on being principled against bootlegs, calling them unsympathetic toward others' situation, and then being exactly that when it comes to rereleases – that's what riles me.

As someone who just bought 2 Trunks, and a SSJ Vegeta figure within the past month, I wouldn't have a problem with reissues of either of them, or any figure for that matter. I chose to pay the current aftermarket prices. The only one I can be angry with over a reissue is myself for paying the aftermarket prices. It would be better for the line as a whole if people who are late to collecting this line were able to catch up without having to pay the ridiculous prices that a lot of them are at now.

Problems with Figuarts.
So as some of you may know I'm pretty new to this amazing line. I brought up everything within the last two months. Besides SS Vegeta cause of the rumors of the SDCC release. =D
But some figurarts I have has issues. just wondering if you guys might know how to fix it. or if you guys have similar issues as well.

Regular Vegeta:
legs are really lose. I apply clear nail polish to the ball joints so it is fine now.
I have a regular head (non-scouter head) that won't fit in the neck peg... looks like the socket on the head is too wide.. (brought from amazon and can't return since they don't have anymore) is there a way to fix this?

SDCC Gohan:
right arm pops out really easily at the bicep.. so strange. left arm is fine.

Krillin:
left arm pops out pretty easily as well but not as bad as SDCC Gohan.

SDCC Gohan right arm pops out really easily

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: also where is the best place to but SDCC exclusives (when not attending the show)? just Amazon and BBTS whenever they get them? I know BBTS and other online retailers will be at a markup. Does Bandai have a store to sell their exclusives (like Hasbro with their Hasbrotoyshop)?

Thanks again.

With all those mooncake you can try adding thin coats of either super glue or clear coat nail varnish to the ball of the joint to make it larger and make the fit tighter, or you can use a heat gun and carefully remold the plastic to be tighter on the socket end.

I used the super glue method because nail varnish crumbles after a while, but you must be careful to only use tiny amounts and let it dry before putting the ball back into the socket.

Edit: just noticed you mentioned the nail varnish idea, my bad, but the same concept still applies; all those issues are the same issue, just in different areas. Hope that helps!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Problems with Figuarts.
So as some of you may know I'm pretty new to this amazing line. I brought up everything within the last two months. Besides SS Vegeta cause of the rumors of the SDCC release. =D
But some figurarts I have has issues. just wondering if you guys might know how to fix it. or if you guys have similar issues as well.

Regular Vegeta:
legs are really lose. I apply clear nail polish to the ball joints so it is fine now.
I have a regular head (non-scouter head) that won't fit in the neck peg... looks like the socket on the head is too wide.. (brought from amazon and can't return since they don't have anymore) is there a way to fix this?

SDCC Gohan:

Krillin:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: also where is the best place to but SDCC exclusives (when not attending the show)? just Amazon and BBTS whenever they get them? I know BBTS and other online retailers will be at a markup. Does Bandai have a store to sell their exclusives (like Hasbro with their Hasbrotoyshop)?

Thanks again.

I haven't noticed any issues with Krillins arm, but my SDCC Gohan has the same issue and I think it's pretty common. Apparently the manga version did not have these issues though, so it seems it's a problem on the SDCC version only. Mine does pop back in with a bit of encouragement, I just know to be pretty gentle when posing the arms and usually it stays in place without too many problems.

No ideas about Vegeta's head - that's a new one to me.... maybe try nail varnish in the hole to see if you can make it a tighter fit on the peg?

Problems with Figuarts.

Regular Vegeta:

SDCC Gohan:

Krillin:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

With all those mooncake you can try adding thin coats of either super glue or clear coat nail varnish to the ball of the joint to make it larger and make the fit tighter, or you can use a heat gun and carefully remold the plastic to be tighter on the socket end.

I used the super glue method because nail varnish crumbles after a while, but you must be careful to only use tiny amounts and let it dry before putting the ball back into the socket.

Edit: just noticed you mentioned the nail varnish idea, my bad, but the same concept still applies; all those issues are the same issue, just in different areas. Hope that helps!

Use super glue like Big D suggested. Just make sure it's dry before popping the peg into the hole.

Thanks for the advice guys!

do you guys recommend superglue to the arm swivels and head socket (being too wide) as well? I've only ever used it on ball joints.

Personally I've not tried super glue (although I'm sure it's absolutely fine if used sparingly) but nail polish has worked very well for me on the loose joints, although it didn't work for Gohan's arm.... I'd only put it in the socket if it's only a problem on that one head. If the scouter head fits okay on the peg then I would try it in the socket on the head that is too loose first, or then I guess you may make the peg too tight for the other head.... To be honest I haven't ever had to put it in the socket before, or on a head joint for that matter, so it always seemed safer to enlarge the peg for the legs etc, but I guess if one head fits and the other one doesn't you might want to avoid making the peg too large for the others sake. I guess it really depends how loose it is.... at least nail polish will scrape off if you get it wrong (as I have a couple of times found out if I didn't leave it long enough to fully harden off). Good luck - just do it gradually and it should be fine!

Yes, clear nail polish should work much better than super glue. In fact I'd never recommend super glue for tightening ball joints, I think the risk is too great.

Darn! No one's fixed the Gohan arm curse! I haven't changed my figure's pose, because I was sick of it falling off.

Darn! No one's fixed the Gohan arm curse! I haven't changed my figure's pose, because I was sick of it falling off.

Yeah, I love the figure but he's actually the worse one I have from a quality control standpoint - even worse than scouter Vegeta, which for me was pretty easily fixable. His arms are an issue, although I can usually get them to pop in for a while - they come off if I try to bend the elbow too much....also the paint job on mine leaves a bit to be desired compared to some of the others. One of his legs is way darker than the other. Still a great little figure though - really glad I got mine when I did....

How the hell did you get that out of what I said? Geez.

Your post translated to "I didn't like BOG so I don't recommend it for anybody else."

Because every DBZ fan thinks alike and if 1 person doesn't like the new movie then other DBZ fans won't like it either amirite? If someone dislikes Goku's face sculpt then what gives him the right to tell other DBZ fans not to buy it? gtfo here with that nonsense, dude.

Hey guys, I wanted to know if this was legit, the seller has no feedback but I saw his blog doing a review about the same figure back in 2010. He labels it new but it's obviously the same one he took out of the box. I also noticed the sticker being silver instead of gold, weren't the piccolo and gohan manga versions always the gold sticker? Let me know what you guys think, thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-H-Figuar...075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e1b5fddb
https://thinkdee.blogspot.com/2011/11/s-h-figuarts-review-gohan.html#more

Your post translated to "I didn't like BOG so I don't recommend it for anybody else."

Because every DBZ fan thinks alike and if 1 person doesn't like the new movie then other DBZ fans won't like it either amirite? If someone dislikes Goku's face sculpt then what gives him the right to tell other DBZ fans not to buy it? gtfo here with that nonsense, dude.

It's funny because I never said any of that... Calm down, kid.

Gohans arm is actually just a ball and socket join under a swivel housing, the ball just moves with the swivel if you get my meaning, so the method still applies. I do get peoples hesitation with super glue, since you need steady hands and minute amounts applied. Imo it works better because it doesnt come off like varnish but if you mess up that quickly becomes a negative.

Ya really talking about pretty much anything Vegeta did in that movie would really give away nothing, except for one thing. Honestly that gave nothing away at all. Plus if your mad, go watch the crappy movie you can stream it free online, and if you'd rather not waste your time on it, like I wish I hadn't, just don't care about spoilers for it.

I dont mind watching the crappy movie where an i watch it??? lol

I completely agree with @AJEswim... The Battle of Gods movie sounds extremely good, I mean, that title is just awesome! But it's EXTREMELY misleading. So I tell you all, don't get your hopes up if you haven't seen it. The movie sucks, for a movie that is. Had BOG been a 30 minute filler, or "special" it would have been ok. But as a film, it sucks ***. It's 90% comedy with 10% fighting (if that)... There is no sense of danger...

....How do I put it into perspective? *spoiler* Hmm, the movie is really about a pudding. Bills wanted to try a certain pudding and he didnt get to eat it so he flips his lid and tries to kill everyone. If that's a spoiler then I'm sorry, but thats the ****ing turning point of the movie. Thats what theyre fighting over. A ****ing vanilla pudding! Seriously...

Thats the dragonball aspect I said they were trying to add back in, it wasnt always about blowing up planets you know....

I did not like it when I first watched it, but it was because it caught me off guard. After reading a lot of people's posts on other sites, saying how much they loved it, I gave it another shot. I really enjoyed it the second time, but I still have big problems with it. Most of the movies are very repetitive, so I appreciate the change. The only movie I did not like was Fusion Reborn. I really like spending more time with the characters and the universe. I like character driven and plot driven episodes/movies. My favorite Dragon Ball Z episode is "He's Always Late." It's the episode where the families and heroes are celebrating at the party, while Goku is off helping the egg hatch and defending the animals. It's a good showcase of why Goku is my favorite character. Silly wise, I loved the Driver's License episode! One instance of filler that I never see anyone message is Goku's nightmare of the androids attacking his family. I think it's a fantastic addition to the story! Definitely a favorite of mine!

Back