S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya really talking about pretty much anything Vegeta did in that movie would really give away nothing, except for one thing. Honestly that gave nothing away at all. Plus if your mad, go watch the crappy movie you can stream it free online, and if you'd rather not waste your time on it, like I wish I hadn't, just don't care about spoilers for it.

I wouldnt call it crappy either tbh... it kept the action vibe of dbz while adding back some of the comedy it tossed out from db.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ya i guess you're right there, it just had this over tone of a GT feel for me and I just couldn't get into the movie as much as I was hoping to.

AJEswim, first time I heard that one... I thought BOG felt more like a filler episode of DBZ. BOG isn't really a film anyone should be worried about getting spoiled over. It's really terrible, not worth looking forward to... I watched the first ten minutes, and then postponed watching the rest of the film for a month until I got extremely bored.

It had a feeling of GT in the sense that it kept felt like it was building and building, however it never went anywhere. Except into the list of time wasters I've experienced in my life. GT had so many times to get good it just never did, I guess I was hoping for an epic battle, I mean Kid Buu had a better battle then SSGod Goku and Bills choreographed fight (is that what it is or is it just God Goku or oh who am I kidding it's stupid Goku fusion was bad enough then that)
Anyways I will say I liked the humor it was like DB and the fighting it had it's decent moments of being a DBZ film, however it just didn't go anywhere and really never grabbed my attention the way I kept wanting it to.
It did feel like a filler episode, let's just hope the put something to go after it soon.

*SPOILER ALERT*

In my experience with talkin to ppl about bog movie either they really liked it or didnt like it at all, i personally liked it, it was something different and it didnt end with goku getting a power up and being the strongest like he always is but instead he was defeated but ended with him being friends with bills.. Kinda so it left it open for more movies or some sort of continuation for dbz

*SPOILER ALERT*

Im on my phone and i dont kno how to put a spoiler alert any other way lol

I'm pretty sure Vegeta being able to go SSJ2 is not a spoiler (he was able to in the Buu Saga; nearly 20 years ago), and I didn't give anything away as far as the plot is concerned.

AJEswim, first time I heard that one... I thought BOG felt more like a filler episode of DBZ. BOG isn't really a film anyone should be worried about getting spoiled over. It's really terrible, not worth looking forward to... I watched the first ten minutes, and then postponed watching the rest of the film for a month until I got extremely bored.

So just because you didn't enjoy it, you don't want anyone else to? Yeah, that makes sense.

^^ Seriously dude, were you even using your brain when your wrote that? Despite your lack of diction, you raise a very good point! I share the same sentiment, entirely. Far too many people have shelled out way too much money to add that little sucker to their collection, myself included, to have their "limited" figure's value undermined by a re-release! It raises several issues of morality. It won't exactly instil their fan-base with confidence if they slap on a little extra paint on the ssj Vegeta's boots and call it a "variant", purely for financial gains. It's certainly not a move that reflects their brand's elitist, exclusive image of providing limited runs of highly detailed figures, purely with the collector in mind. That would be a **** move... more Hasbro tactics than a Tamashii stratagem. I for one be very disappointed if the SDCC figure is anything but Majin Vegeta.

Ohh, and BOG was total ****... I'm just Saiyan!

Now thats just selfish guys, everyone deserves a chance to own all these figures. What you paid is your own decision, others cant afford that. For the record I have two ssj Vegetas, but I could care less about his worth.

Those of you who bought him at inflated prices, you made your bed, you cant then complain when someone elses bed ends up comfier, it was your decision.

To have the collector in mind would be to have the figures they want readily available to collect. The hard to get/expensive figures should only be the exclusives because they're made for a certain event in limited quantities. Characters such as SSJ Vegeta and Trunks not being available to new collectors or people without that kind of pocket change for collectible figures("toys") will be detoured from the line, leaving only people who already have them or people who can afford a $200+ 6 inch piece of molded plastic left to drive the lines sales. And the scenario of people not getting their favorite (main) character(s) is Tamashii making characters who said people don't want, but people like me who missed out on their favorite character(s) do, but don't want to buy said figures because they missed out on their favorite character(s) and don't feel the need to buy anything, leaving said figures to said people who do not want said figures leading to the lines sales declining (lots of repeated things in that sentence, I know, but for me it is 5:44 am and I haven't slept yet...lol). Thus leading in the long run the line ending sooner and turning into a ZERO line, or Tamashii just ending the Dragon Ball line

That's not selfishness, that's life. I don't begrudge others the opportunity to own this figure, but re-releasing an exclusive figure sends the wrong message to collectors. Collectors are willing to pay excessive amounts to be sure of the finite nature of a collectibles production. Extending production of a limited piece is generally considered taboo and poor form. The fact they even considered options of how best to circumvent beings seen as a "continued" release is concerning enough.

It wont be concerning when, as killian said, the line ends because they run out of figures to make due to the supposed exclusivity of the line.

What makes Vegeta any different to Goku or Piccolo? Both have had reissues but I dont hear anyone complaining about that. Vegeta onwards were exclusives in Asia only, and thats Asias own fault for not supporting the line. The only figures that shouldnt be reissued are sdcc figures, any others are fair game.

I will say it again, you chose to buy him inflated, none of that excess cash went to tamashii.

Even after reissues its not as if he will never go up in price again, the cycle will continue. Oh, and for the record, Vegeta was never limited in any way, he sat at retail for almost two years with loads still selling, it wasnt until the last couple of years that he skyrocketed due to supplies running out.

I agree with big deano, imo only figures that shouldnt be re released are sdcc's or any first releases that may have bonus parts

Don't any of you understand business? The only money Tamashii ever sees is from wholesale orders and stockists. Tamashii's profits are only as good as the performance of their latest release.That is were they make their money, not these opportunistic capitalist ****** bags holding these older figures to ransom. Bootleggers aren't hurting this line, scalpers are. When legitimate buyers aren't able to buy these figures at launch from licensed stockist because some ******* bought 10 in order to extort genuine collectors on the internet - that hurts the line! So it is totally illogical for any of you to say that people interested in this line are being cheap or aren't supporting Tamashii! If there wasn't such a demand for this figure the need for bootlegs would be moot. Yes, bootleggers are out to make a profit also but at least their forthright with the immorality of their actions - unlike scalpers. All you so called purists are hypocritical bigots! If you didn't already have that figure would you feel the same? Come down of your high horses and try some empathy - it's good for humanity and yourselves.

^^ Seriously dude, were you even using your brain when your wrote that? Despite your lack of diction, you raise a very good point! I share the same sentiment, entirely. Far too many people have shelled out way too much money to add that little sucker to their collection, myself included, to have their "limited" figure's value undermined by a re-release! It raises several issues of morality. It won't exactly instil their fan-base with confidence if they slap on a little extra paint on the ssj Vegeta's boots and call it a "variant", purely for financial gains. It's certainly not a move that reflects their brand's elitist, exclusive image of providing limited runs of highly detailed figures, purely with the collector in mind. That would be a **** move... more Hasbro tactics than a Tamashii stratagem. I for one be very disappointed if the SDCC figure is anything but Majin Vegeta.

Uh sorry, what now...?:rotfl

Now who's the hypocrite?

The bet you make as a collector is that you don't know what's going to happen (=betting). Not that you're guaranteed never to see it released again.

If there were a guarantee it wouldn't be betting and it would actually take away from it as it solely becomes an issue of money.

Nope, just a concerned collector. It's the principle of the thing that riles me, not the loss of the figure's value. I could give a **** if the figure depreciates. It's not like I couldn't wear it, or that I have any plans of selling the figures, ever, cause I don't. I just thing it's poor business ethics.

Back