S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm with you Jill on wanting Videl! Unfortunately, I don't think it has any chance, being that these are so expensive and they release so few a year.

So then Deano, which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Kinda curious about what Pwnstar said about specific character choices; i think he said that Tamashii Bluefin relies on what Japan deems "popular," which is why a SSj4 Goku Figuarts most likely won't happen, because the design isn't popular in Japan. Well, isn't the entire DBZ Figuarts line dependant mainly on American sales? Isn't the line more popular in the USA, which is the only reason why they decided to continue the line? Didn't we save it from being canceled? Why is it that almost every character they choose, has to depend on if he's popular in Japan first?

Or do I have it all wrong? Perhaps someone can clarify this for me.

Kinda curious about what Pwnstar said about specific character choices; i think he said that Tamashii Bluefin relies on what Japan deems "popular," which is why a SSj4 Goku Figuarts most likely won't happen, because the design isn't popular in Japan. Well, isn't the entire DBZ Figuarts line dependant mainly on American sales? Isn't the line more popular in the USA, which is the only reason why they decided to continue the line? Didn't we save it from being canceled? Why is it that almost every character they choose, has to depend on if he's popular in Japan first?

Or do I have it all wrong? Perhaps someone can clarify this for me.

Im totally with you on this one! From how it looks, its always based on if "japan likes it" but it was n. American sales that revived the line so what gives!?! Id like to see a ssj4 eventually even tho i didnt really like GT ssj 4 had a cool design imo

Yeah, but when they got the licensing rights, in their agreement they might only be allowed to release certain characters. It happens with a lot of licensed products. That's what happens a lot if you ever are puzzled why a line might release such a bizarre figure. Or because these are actual human beings, they also might want to make what they enjoy and are willing to sacrifice money for their passion.

Well I'm with you Jill on wanting Videl! Unfortunately, I don't think it has any chance, being that these are so expensive and they release so few a year.

So then Deano, which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Mine are simply characters that many will want; Majin Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Armoured trunks, Kid Buu, Vegetto, android saga Gohan with long hair and white/black shoes, Namek Goku to name most of them. Man, thinking on it, we dont really have many good guys left do we? its mostly same characters in different outfits.

They can also go with Future Gohan, Goten/Trunks, Gotenks, pretty sure we're gonna see Broly in the near future. Perhaps even Hercule. If and when they reveal Majin Vegeta, I'd love for it to come with a SSj2 Goku head swap, so we can easily pair it with either Normal or SSj Goku, instead of making an entirely new figure. Have they confirmed that the "shocked" Krillin head swap is being packaged with Android 18's release?

I may be the only one that feels this way, but I would actually like to see the entire Ginyu Force in Figuarts form at some point. Sort of like a parody of the Figuarts Sailor Moon team & the Figuarts Power Rangers team. That would be hilarious and I'll buy every single one of em.

Great choices Deano! I really want all those too. I really don't want to pay for all those accessories for Kid Boo thoug, but I got no choice. I forgot about Android saga Gohan. I'd like a Namek Gohan, but he'd be really tiny and I'd be worry that I might snap it swapping hands or something, so the Android one would probably be better. Like I said, I'll buy all Goku's, Vegeta's, Gohan's, and Trunks'.

Nice choices everyone! I'm with you though crisis, I'd love for the Ginyu Force to be released I mean they just look great together and would be a blast to pose seeing as that's what they loved to do! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1617763_266549730174599_426149934_o.jpg

Thanks! Posing is one of my favourite things to do in this hobby which is why I love SH Figuarts so much. Their articulation allows for endless possibilities. I noticed that other helpers there posed their figures rather quickly and moved on to the next case. I guess that's understandable since there's so much to do but still...nice poses make all the difference in my opinion. I was told that most of the press that go to these shows don't care about the way a figure is posed which is why you usually see ****ty poses at these conventions.

Wow! Perhaps I'm not seeing the whole picture here, but your poses certainly don't hardly stack up to my own exacting standards. The poses are all uncomfortably robotic and the whole production feels very disjointed. There's no sense or "semblance" of continuity between each and every figure. None whatsoever. A very unimaginative and all round shoddy display. I honestly feel that I put a lot more effort into poses for my own little display. I mean, this was for NYTF... c'mon!
Now it's not exactly my intention to rubbish your handiwork, but just letting you know - next year, raise the bar... over 9000! I do truly appreciate your efforts in keeping us all up to date with all the Tamasii news, even if is is mostly all bad news. I sincerely want to be impressed next year, so get creative!

Also, what was the scenario? Were you given fresh NIB figures to work with and have access to all their respective accessories?

The only pose I thought looked passable was 18, sorry...:monkey3

https://youtu.be/V06DISKajss

Last edited:
He didn't pose #18, he wasn't allowed to from what I remember.

Unlike us at home, he still had a time limit. If I'm not mistaken, I believe you're not suppose to have the characters "interacting" because it makes it difficult to display them facing the viewer. So instead, each one must represent themselves isolated from the other figures to best show off the figures instead of the imagination in the display.

um guys I don't think they are going by whats popular in japan neither.... I mean look at one piece arguably the most loved anime in japan and the figuarts line died but the zero thrived. OR what about that naruto figuarts shown over 3 years ago that ive been wanting for so long and nothing even though naruto is extremely popular in japan they are just about release it... I really cant understand what this company is thinking. They are all over the place and un predictable. Why push back normal goku 2-3 years for when you know it would makes them tons of money? I just decided that ill take what ever they make and I wont complain as long as the line lives. I still have hope in nappa and shenron, they are known to release things they've shown 2-3 later like naruto and normal goku.

um guys I don't think they are going by whats popular in japan neither.... I mean look at one piece arguably the most loved anime in japan and the figuarts line died but the zero thrived.
Most collectors in Japan don't like action figures, they like statues WAY more. They consider them "the perfect figure" because the sculpt doesn't get cut up, and they don't break easily from falls. So this makes sense that Zero did better.

OR what about that naruto figuarts shown over 3 years ago that ive been wanting for so long and nothing even though naruto is extremely popular in japan they are just about release it
See above...

Why push back normal goku 2-3 years for when you know it would makes them tons of money? I just decided that ill take what ever they make and I wont complain as long as the line lives.
This has been explained hundreds of times, they feared that many people would stop collecting once they finally got normal Goku. Remember, Japan doesn't care about villains or side characters, knowing this they were intentionally stringing everyone along so they could make the line last longer (which was to the benefit of the U.S since we wanted more characters).

That was rude. Pwnstar has been nothing but kind and respectful to all of us.
I agree, I think the critique on his posing could have been done more nicely. Personally I thought he did a great job. Normally those displays look bad, but for the first time some care was taken with the figures, and I respect Pwnstar for that.

Just read this ^ and then immediately proceeded to **** my pants with laughter! You sir, are not the one to be calling anyone out on their misuse of the english language. That's for sure! It would appear you deliberately avoided using any grammar whatsoever in your reply... fail.

meh

1 spelling mistake and a couple of apostrophe's

edit: oh youre the **** who was bragging about how great your poses are and what a terrible job a time crunched helper did posing theirs (BTW yours are just as static as the TF poses you were grinding)...

Last edited:
Back