S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another awesome banner Silrian! Whatever vocal Internet, I loved Man of Steel. It might be my third favorite comic book movie with Mask of the Phantasm being my favorite and Dark Knight Rises second. It reminded me of John Byrne's run, which is my favorite era of the character. Sorry, back on topic!

I was quite surprised at how big his head was when I took Krillin out of the brown box.

Thanks Bane, made it myself.^^ Phantasm, damn good choice, I always seperate animated from live action. I think for me it's 1 TDK, 2 Batman Begins and like you I thnk I'd place MoS third, in terms of pure favoratism. Me and half the people I know who know DBZ also jokingly felt it was the best live action DBZ film we ever saw.:lol Honestly, I never was particularly fan of Superman, but the level 'DBZness', relatability and humane story arc they put on cinema was everything I hoped for. And omg, I love everything krypton, sci-fi design that makes me drool! Not to mention Zimmer's brilliance.

Although when it comes down to it Goku will always be my superman. Nothing beats the super power element of DBZ for me, mainly because it's a lot more about evolving powers and the gutting emotional work they put into it, instead of just using stale powers. They added that 'training element' a bit in MoS and the small measure already made it so much more appealing to me. In star wars terms I always feel DBZ shows that you can be a light side Sith.:lol

Last edited:
Yeah, you cant deny the similarities; baby is sent to earth, the supposed last of his kind, is adopted, has superhuman strength and otherworldly abilities, and becomes earths protector lol, though I think in this regard dbz copied superman, since he was around longer.

Solar Flare

screenshot_21_zps0af3922b.jpg

Almost bought two Krillins, thankfully I didn't.

screenshot_25_zps3e37f787.jpg

I kind of want a Saiyan armor Krillin now

screenshot_26_zps34bf1c38.jpg

LOL im working on this right now. biggest issue is shortening the legs. Here is a work in progress pic.

Although it made Goku more heroic, it didn't fit the characterization of Dragon Ball. He's a martial artist with Superman's personality in the Funimation version. In the true version, he's his own character. I know a lot of you don't care for it, but I fell in love with Goku's character, and had to know what his creator envisioned him as. Now I don't describe him as "Well he's kind of a mix between Superman, Casper the Friendly Ghost, with the determination of Batman". Now I can't, he's a very unique character. I find him more interesting, and now even like his characterization in the Boo Saga, which, I didn't like in the Funimation version. It kind of reminded me of the Simpsons episode the Principal and the Pauper, where everyone would rather believe a lie, if they liked it better. It's cool though, because I am a big Superman fan, so he remains unique.

Got my Krillin today. Looks good, like the leg design, but he is a bit too big I think. Like him well enough, though really, he doesn't fit in with the rest of the bunch at all. Also, hate the disc weapon. Tried to use it but it looks terrible.

Id say hes in scale tbh; Krillin looked out of scale in the show too lol, I think its his head.

The kienzan was messed up, they should have at least kept the clear peg small instead of extending it, looked so much better in promo shots and on the back of the box

Last edited:
Picked my krillin up yesterday, I think he's a bit big but in DBZ there were all kinds of different scales going on so I can get over it, left the disc in the box, dont really care for it. Goku seems sooo far away now :( and whos's next? hoping 17/18

18 should hopefully be next, since she was in planning as of sdcc, but nothings concrete until tamashii says so; for all we know they are rejigging things about to make 17 and 18 a two pack. We should know by the end of January/ start of February.

What I'm kinda weary about is if it's NOT 18, I bet it's gonna be mid summer at the earliest we see anything new released after Goku. Which basically means 1 release in 7 months. I see 18 as the only possible release to get here before the summer. Unless they really went for secrecy on developing the next release and suddenly have it pop out, ready to go.

Does anyone own or know the scale for these Banpresto DX Action Figures or if there are anymore?

$(KGrHqF,!jUFDmsRSGWbBQ7tHYhQ4!~~60_3.JPG
kgrhqrpqfcpqqymw6bq9gpf.jpg
dxraditz.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KftmcBRT21,Qc1w~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16R,!)sE9swmZopbBQ7tFmNhh!~~60_3.JPG

Same with these Dragon Box figures

$(KGrHqZ,!rgFIsdjEN-DBSOv6dS8s!~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16R,!zQFIb2j+C4IBSOv6kd6zg~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqNHJDcFIzNvJoovBSOv-ekY(!~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!qQFI1pSRoDlBSOv-jVI!w~~60_57.JPG

Back