S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, Roshi would sell. He was in the top 10 on the Poll that Tamashi put on their facebook a while back. ( The first one, two years ago).

The potential photography with revoltech woody alone would make him a big seller.

And when they eventually get into original Dragon Ball, he's a must.

Its not that I dont want any of the secondary characters made, I just dont think they should be made before the main ones are.

You cant deny that when main characters are all done in a line that soon after it goes down the toilet, that can only be due to poor sales.

Like I have said before, im a completionist, so any and all figures released will be bought, but I also believe very strongly that while figures of Buu, adult Gohan, Vegito, armored Trunks etc remain unmade that all secondary characters shouldnt be a priority, thats all.

I think they should space out the primary characters with the secondaries so that way we get all the characters and they can balance everything out... But iunno how theyre sales work lol i just dont want them to do all ssj and main villians an call it quits after

It's worked decently for Mattel with MOTUC. I think spacing out the popular characters and releasing one or two minor characters a year is a good way to go. Now that they are doing DBZ Zero releases they can do some characters there too. I like what they are doing with the ZERO line, but I'm also annoyed it's not being better exploited. I don't think the two lines are supposed to be complimentary at all but definitely two separate lines.

REleasing all the "big guns" in one go is a sure way to hurt the longevity of the line. you space releases out with secondary characters, and it keeps people coming back for more. it's a way to feed into the guys who ONLY want the big guns.

This isnt your normal figure line though; most lines with split releases between main and secondary characters make dozens of figures a year, we are lucky if we get six, and you risk boring the main buyers if only three of six figures are important ones.

This line has so little releases in a year there really wouldnt be any risk to releasing the heavy hitters first, at least for a few years or so.

Nope, disagree. 4 a year, big guys and small guys staggered keeps people wanting more. NEVER give your auidence everything they want right away. You'll loose more people that way.

YES, you will loose some people along the way if you stagger, becuase they're too impatient to wait, but overall you'll loose less, and SOME of those guys will come back when you put out another "BIG GUN" and then they might go back and get some of the little guys you made before. Doing buisness in this way creates a slow burning desire in your customers that keeps them coming back for more.

Giving them a buffet of everything they want up front means they will gorge themselves, and then go away for good, not paying much, if any attention to you from then on.

Well if it does happen I hope youre right lerath; like I said, im in this for the long haul, I just hope it doesnt slow the line back down if it does happen.

I'm more concerend that they've ALREADY given us too many big guns. I would say move to Dragon Ball and start doing some of those for a little bit.

Nope, have to disagree with that one lerath; dragonball isnt as popular as Z, it would hurt the line and folks would start thinking the Z line was cancelled. A dragonball line as an extension to the main line would work better and flesh out the line as a whole.

It's a simple given that probably most people will only buy prestige line versions of the favorites and their favorites are probably mostly main characters.

You can theorise and strategise all you want, fact remains this line isn't a cheap one, and people collecting side characters or completionists don't make up the lion's share of the market. The Lion's share is the people who buy the characters who're most popular and those aren't (most) side characters.

You can all keep makin your lists and that's fine, but I'm not expecting side characters ever. If they do, that's cool, but for the reasons I just mentioned, I'm not gonna expect it. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed. (Granted I'm not gonna buy many side characters anyway, expensive stuff this is.)

When you only get so many releases a year and you're spending so much money, you can't blame people who only want main characters. Certain things in life happen, which prevent people from affording things even further. Especially at this age demographic, I'm sure plans will change whether it be dating, schooling, marriage, having kids, friends, home repairs, etc. People might start getting invested in other lines that have much more releases and then decide to drop this line because they don't have the funds. It will be awhile to we even get the main players in a saga. I'm going to try to support the line as best I can, but unfortunately will have to skip out on releases, because of money and space. If I'm paying for so many accessories and articulation, I want to be able to appreciate them. It would be nice if the figuarts zero line had more secondary characters. More figuarts releases per year would help to know what direction I will be able to go with my collection.

You guys argue on this site over opinions almost every time. It's pretty annoying.
I think it'll eventually get the thread shut down.

I'm not aiming this at any user in particular, although I'm willing to bet it'll be taking personally by one of ya!

Don't like to be a debby downer, and especially don't like to contribute to the negative vibes that are brought to the thread.
That's why I can't wait to get krillin so I can post fun pictures in here!

Be happy people.

We have been over this, its not arguing, its constructive debating lol.

Of course our opinions arent all going to be the same Bane, thats the fun of a forum! We are all mature enough to respect others opinions even if we dont agree with them.

You guys argue on this site over opinions almost every time. It's pretty annoying.
I think it'll eventually get the thread shut down.

I'm not aiming this at any user in particular, although I'm willing to bet it'll be taking personally by one of ya!

Don't like to be a debby downer, and especially don't like to contribute to the negative vibes that are brought to the thread.
That's why I can't wait to get krillin so I can post fun pictures in here!

Be happy people.

It's just exchanging views and debating why we have them, don't antagonise people when they're just having a discussion about the topic at hand. Debating is what you do when you have differing views and try to explain them to one another, it's a positive thing, not a negative thing. Now I can't stop you from being annoyed, but a forum is among other things to exchange thoughts about something, you're just gonna have to ignore it if it bothers you so much. And if you don't want to contribute to a negative vibe (which imo isn't even there in the first place), then don't.:lol

We have been over this, its not arguing, its constructive debating lol.

Of course our opinions arent all going to be the same Bane, thats the fun of a forum! We are all mature enough to respect others opinions even if we dont agree with them.

Wait, huh? I didn't have a problem with anything anyone was saying. I was enjoying it. I just wanted to hop in. Was that supposed to be at FuzzyRobot or me, because I'm confused.

and as expected, the effect is too white xD

1421208_591404910913277_252278527_o.jpg

Wait, huh? I didn't have a problem with anything anyone was saying. I was enjoying it. I just wanted to hop in. Was that supposed to be at FuzzyRobot or me, because I'm confused.

Oops, sorry Bane, for some reason your name popped into my head when I typed that lol; apologies!

Back