S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well umm I can't say GT is really watchable for me.... The two episodes I watched, the first and the last, had really weird flow.. While I'm glad it isn't canon, I like that it introduces a non sequential power-up in Super Saiyan 4, fusing the Great Ape into the transformation.

Well umm I can't say GT is really watchable for me.... The two episodes I watched, the first and the last, had really weird flow.. While I'm glad it isn't canon, I like that it introduces a non sequential power-up in Super Saiyan 4, fusing the Great Ape into the transformation.

I don't have high expectations for GT. I've always heard it wasn't as good as the rest, that's why it took me so long to get it. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy a little more Dragonball. I'm sure it has enough good stuff for fans of the show.

Oh, and I'm not saying don't talk about GT or Battle of the Gods. Just that not being able to talk about it sucks.

Reffering to Bane's list:

Pre-android: Nappa, 1F Frieza, Zarbon, Ginyu/Burter/Jeice
Android: 16/17/18, saiyan trunks, cell games tien+yamcha
Buu: U Gohan, M Vegeta, Super Buu, ssj3 Gotenks,
And finally Shenron.

This is it. If I got these, theres a good chance I'd stop collecting this line. Every period would have my favorites. I probably wont get this fixed in a row, obviously, so anything in between or after is a wait-and-see, but not really a must for me.

For me, SSJ God is far superior to SSJ4. I like both though. I like GT, but part of the reason I think I like it is that I've never thought of it as part of Dragon Ball Z. I enjoy it for what it is, and I genuinely like it. I've never connected the two series really, since the style was a bit different.

That's how I feel as well. I'm glad that I got to "have my cake and eat it to". I liked to see interesting concepts happen, but not affecting the main series, kind of like the movies. Although Dead Zone may have fit in. I wouldn't want SSJ4 in the series, but it was cool seeing it. I did not like GT until the episode where Goten got controlled by Baby. I tried, but had to skip through the episodes. Actually it was tough even after that. I'm glad for people who liked it though!

Oh cool! We're going to making lists now! These are absolute must haves then or ideally what we'd buy? I know I keep loosing perspective on what I can afford and what I have space for!

I'm a big Goten and Trunks fan, but being that they're so small, I worry about them being fragile while switching out parts. I also don't know if I want to spend so much on such little characters. Maybe I'm thinking they're smaller than they actually are.

That's a pretty varied and pretty darned expensive list there Silrian, so if you don't go above that, it'll still be an amazing collection! And at $50 on average....Wowza! I have to keep reminding myself.

Oh cool! We're going to making lists now! These are absolute must haves then or ideally what we'd buy? I know I keep loosing perspective on what I can afford and what I have space for!

I'm a big Goten and Trunks fan, but being that they're so small, I worry about them being fragile while switching out parts. I also don't know if I want to spend so much on such little characters. Maybe I'm thinking they're smaller than they actually are.

That's a pretty varied and pretty darned expensive list there Silrian, so if you don't go above that, it'll still be an amazing collection! And at $50 on average....Wowza! I have to keep reminding myself.

eh, it's kinda informal. I found it easyer to really boil it down to the essentials. It forces you to be honest with yourself, keeps it from turning into a huge and unattainable wish list.

@Bane with about 4 releases a year, of which I seldomly buy them all, think Ill be fine.:p

And I dont expect to ever get half or more of them.

Honest with myself? Rats!
You're absolutely right. Besides not being able to afford them, although I like every character, if I got a lot, I wouldn't be able to appreciate them, and then I would be better off buying statues. I'd never get to appreciate all the articulation and accessories. It sounds cool, until it looks like a mess of toys. With the rate these are being release, certain things in life occur, which throw things off as well.

I'm going to make mine. Thanks!

Screw GT and movie characters (ie. Broly the legendary crybaby; "wahhh, I'm now a total psycho because Goku cried when I was a child"); it's a huge joke and NOT canon. DBZ all the way, although I wouldn't mind original Dragonball characters being made too.

I've started buying the Banpresto stuff, as I find it's close enough in scale for me. If anything is out of scale I just use perspective to adjust it.

See I couldnt do that! The OCD in me wouldnt let me lol. My figuarts shelf is just that; id rather not have a certain character displayed than fill gaps in from other lines, its why im so against the guys saying we shouldnt have Goku because they have a statue of him from another line, doesnt make sense to me!

Whatever works for you is all that matters. I know the chances of getting a S.H. Figuarts Bills is pretty low so I bought the Banpresto piece. It looks great, it scales fine, and now I have another "villain". Would I prefer a pure SHF display? Yeah, that would be better, especially because I like matching aesthetics. Unfortunately for me something is better than nothing, and I love how the Banpresto stuff looks so it's a win-win. I wouldn't recommend people who aren't fans of statues buying statues though. I've always taken a creative and odd approach to displaying and collecting. I admire most other collections I see, and I respect how everyone approaches this hobby. It's all good. :)

HEy bud how is part 3 of the ssj vs the hogs coming along?

Thanks for the Banpresto recommendation! I really like Bills, so I'm going to check it out. I believe it's within the continuity and I really like his presence in the universe. The movie kind of felt like an opening to a new saga.

It looks really cool. I just checked a bunch of those stores and I don't see it in any of them. I've used them before, so I might have done something wrong. I looked up the Banpresto Android 16 and he might look good to stand in someone's Cell Games display. He's 9 inches and $30 on amazon for those interested. I don't know if we'll see him in scale with figuarts.

HLJ has them I believe, biginjap.com too, and probably Nippon-Yasan. I couldn't find them on amiami. Just try searching for Dragon ball or Dragonball. I can't remember which one is good at pulling up results.

According to biginjap.com, he's 17cm tall, so over 6". I recall him being taller than the Z Fighters so the scale should be close.

who watches the first and last episode of a series? you can't judge a series you havent seen! Thats the problem with GT haters, they dont even watch the damn thing.

Back