S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the first krillin they showed ever . The second t
Krillin they showed had a more red/orange clothes . I wonder are they gonna release this one or the one from sdcc ? The official pics that are also on the pre order amazon site are the sdcc krillin with darker reddish orangeee clothes

actually the first krillin prototype had anime colored eyes, blue boots and no simbol on chest.

But I agree that the colour on this one looks less reddish. But unfortunatelly still different from goku's. :dunno

^ it's a lighting issue (granted all colour is a lighting issue). Krillin's gi is I think still a descent shade of orange, but it does look like it'll noticeably be different from Goku's. And guess what, I still think reg Goku is a lazy release, they did nothing to retool him, in any way. They just designed 2 extra faces, that's it. I will buy him, but, I do think it's a shame they didn't recolour him to exactly match Krillin.

1. ssj vegeta's back, that might be positive for rereleasing him.
2. we might see new protos in the next days.
3. Looks as if krillins gi is only very mildly more dark than Goku's
4. Love seeing goku next to vegeta, I have to say.

Slick display, all non-repaint releases lined up like that. Not feeling good about it if we don't see the twin protos pop up though.

I was thinking exactly that

Last edited:
I'm curious about the little hole in Krillin's chest and regular Goku's chest. Any ideas on what that's about?

^ it's a lighting issue (granted all colour is a lighting issue). Krillin's gi is I think still a descent shade of orange, but it does look like it'll noticeably be different from Goku's. And guess what, I still think reg Goku is a lazy release, they did nothing to retool him, in any way. They just designed 2 extra faces, that's it. I will buy him, but, I do think it's a shame they didn't recolour him to exactly match Krillin.

I agree its kinda lazy . They should have had made a re tooled body for goku like krillins but up scaled since goku is bigger . That body fixes the knees and is more posable with that chest .

I think the holes are proto marks. Like watermarks. Those shouldn't be in the wild yet, so if someone nicks them or whatever, they'll know wherethey came from (and ergo who was responsible).

Maybe its just the light, but that ssj Vegeta has different paint apps, specifically the hair; hisbhair had the same orange lowlights as sdcc Goku had, that one is the same as manga Goku. Could be a hint at them stepping back into manga colours, and could also confirm why rwgular Goku is manga coloured.

Thanks for the post. Was at least hoping to see Android 18 to find out if the articulated arms look any better than when it was originally revealed:(

They will be, this years android 18 was a completely different mould to the first; its still a shame they didnt bring the androids along though.

Maybe its just the light, but that ssj Vegeta has different paint apps, specifically the hair; hisbhair had the same orange lowlights as sdcc Goku had, that one is the same as manga Goku. Could be a hint at them stepping back into manga colours, and could also confirm why rwgular Goku is manga coloured.

The straps look more yellow and abdomen. The original has the colors of the Saiyan Saga Vegeta, I think, which are more brownish or duller.

I think the holes are proto marks. Like watermarks. Those shouldn't be in the wild yet, so if someone nicks them or whatever, they'll know wherethey came from (and ergo who was responsible).

That's what I thought too

I think the SS Vegeta proto always had slightly different paint apps on the hair compared to the actual release. See the official Tamashii production images for him,

Well…now that we've pretty much seen that NYCC is a bust for our beloved DBZ line, I'm just patiently waiting for amazon to put Goku up for preorder already.

Hey guys,

I just got home from my first day volunteering at the Tamashii Booth and it went really well! Figured I'd give you a little update before I go back to bed and do it again tomorrow morning haha.

I was able to ask some of the questions you guys asked and surprisingly they answered quite a few. The biggest thing I gathered was that there's a lot more that goes into which figures they decide to release than just fan requests. There's a ton of market research, R&D, etc that they must satisfy before going ahead on a final figure decision.

Which leads me to Nappa. They're not sure they are going to release him actually because he is a very large figure that requires a lot of tooling which would drive the MSRP way too high...especially for a character that is not nearly as popular as the other saiyans.

They said the saiyans are the most successful figures in the line which is why we primarily see them over all other characters. They actually have MANY prototypes created already but haven't shown them because they don't know which one's to put out yet. We are more likely to see a Vegito, Gogeta, Majin Vegeta or even a SSJ4 Goku(!) over a buu first. Villains aren't as popular in Japan which plays a major role.

They are waiting to see the results of the NYCC poll to see how the east coast fares against the west coast's SDCC poll to determine the future of new characters.

They are very interested in releasing a Goten and Trunks 2 pack! And in regards to the overall success of the line, it is one of their most successful lines out there and isn't going away anytime soon. So just be patient guys. There are tons of characters to get to unlike MMPR; it's just a really involved internal decision.

I would guess the reason the androids weren't there was because it's still up in the air what to do with them. They just want to show the definitive releases which as of now ends at Goku. They also mentioned that they just wanted to get this normal Goku out now since they've been showing him for 3 years already. It would have taken even longer if they had chosen to go with a different gi/sash.

Hope that answers some questions. :)

Hey guys,

I just got home from my first day volunteering at the Tamashii Booth and it went really well! Figured I'd give you a little update before I go back to bed and do it again tomorrow morning haha.

I was able to ask some of the questions you guys asked and surprisingly they answered quite a few. The biggest thing I gathered was that there's a lot more that goes into which figures they decide to release than just fan requests. There's a ton of market research, R&D, etc that they must satisfy before going ahead on a final figure decision.

Which leads me to Nappa. They're not sure they are going to release him actually because he is a very large figure that requires a lot of tooling which would drive the MSRP way too high...especially for a character that is not nearly as popular as the other saiyans.

They said the saiyans are the most successful figures in the line which is why we primarily see them over all other characters. They actually have MANY prototypes created already but haven't shown them because they don't know which one's to put out yet. We are more likely to see a Vegito, Gogeta, Majin Vegeta or even a SSJ4 Goku(!) over a buu first. Villains aren't as popular in Japan which plays a major role.

They are waiting to see the results of the NYCC poll to see how the east coast fares against the west coast's SDCC poll to determine the future of new characters.

They are very interested in releasing a Goten and Trunks 2 pack! And in regards to the overall success of the line, it is one of their most successful lines out there and isn't going away anytime soon. So just be patient guys. There are tons of characters to get to unlike MMPR; it's just a really involved internal decision.

I would guess the reason the androids weren't there was because it's still up in the air what to do with them. They just want to show the definitive releases which as of now ends at Goku. They also mentioned that they just wanted to get this normal Goku out now since they've been showing him for 3 years already. It would have taken even longer if they had chosen to go with a different gi/sash.

Thank you so incredibly much for this update. I'm pumped about all the saiyans you said with vegito, gogeta, majin vegeta, and ss4 goku! This is the best update we've had in so long with accurate info! We are always guessing (and having great discussions), but to actually have some direction is FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing and thanks to Tamashii for letting you share and not staying so tight lipped. You pulled thru for our forum!!!! Much appreciated.

Thanks pwnstars11.good news that the line isn't going anywhere . But now , to tamashii or who ever answered etc ..... That is BULL****** that kid buu won't get a release before vegito , gogeta, ss4 goku . C'mon he's the only one missing of the villians . And kid goten/trunks pack I like! And 18 and 17 need to release ? I know (think) everyone here is excited for them ...

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info! I was having a pretty crap day till I read this! I'm so excited to see what happens next in this line!

Back