S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you just here to annoy people now krieges, because to me everything you say just seems to make others seem stupid.

This thread has survived this long because everyone got along, do we really want to jeopardise that for the sake of trolling folk?

We were simply talking about what ifs, and you make a wall of text trying to prove us wrong and call us stupid, why? Its a manga where people fly and shoot energy ffs, hardly based on reality is it?

I admit that I may be trolling to an extent :rotfl But I just wanted to point out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Future Trunks timeline, due to the infinite universe theory :lol And I admit I'm still p'd off over the whole gay woody thing >.> So I'm on edge :rotfl

Speaking of what if situations i really liked the dbz budokai 2 game with all those what if situations in the game like what if vegeta won on earth n went super saiyajin and what if krillin got absorbed by cell instead of 18 etc.. They should make more like that lol

Real life ki stuff?!?!....go on.... Lol

*btw im enjoying all these interesting theories lol as long as its dbz related lol*

I've studied martial arts for a LOOOOOOOONG time. I've seen an expierenced some very Bizzare spiritual aspects of it that defy real world explanation.

I can say that I firmly believe that Ki ( or Chi if you prefer the chinese) manipulation is VERY real. HOWEVER, it is generaly useless for combat aplications as it takes a great deal of preperation to DO anything with it.

While I've not seen, nor expierenced levatation, I HAVE seen and expierenced blindfighting, Ki- based attacks, and "Ki- blasts".

This next part is gonna sound goofy. some people will say I'm bull****ting. I'm not, and i don't really care what people think too much ( I do care some, which is why I don't talk about this sorta stuff much, but i digress) I know what i saw and what I expierenced.

The Ki-blast was a fascinating expierence. we asked one of our dojo masters about it, and said that while it is a real thing, it's allmost useless in actual combat, for the reasons i listed above, but offered to show us regardless. So he had us build him a fire. WE did, he sits before the fire in Seiza, and begins to take slow deep breaths. Reaching forward to the flames when he exhales, and slwoly drawing his arms to his torso as he breathes in. As he breathes in.. the flames start to die down. Weird as ****. he continues for 20ish minites, untill the flames have died down to embers. At this point, he turns, stands and assumes a ready position, and tells me to brace myself. He then throws a punch, stopping roughly a foot away from me... but I feel the hit, and it knocks me clean on my ***. He helps me up, and tells me if WE want another demonstration, WE would need to build him another fire.

Blindfighting is weird, in that you focus all of your ki outward, like a net, or a spider's web, and rely heavily on instinct. It's realy REALLY hard to explane to someone, without letting them expierence it.

I've studied martial arts for a LOOOOOOOONG time. I've seen an expierenced some very Bizzare spiritual aspects of it that defy real world explanation.

I can say that I firmly believe that Ki ( or Chi if you prefer the chinese) manipulation is VERY real. HOWEVER, it is generaly useless for combat aplications as it takes a great deal of preperation to DO anything with it.

While I've not seen, nor expierenced levatation, I HAVE seen and expierenced blindfighting, Ki- based attacks, and "Ki- blasts".

This next part is gonna sound goofy. some people will say I'm bull****ting. I'm not, and i don't really care what people think too much ( I do care some, which is why I don't talk about this sorta stuff much, but i digress) I know what i saw and what I expierenced.

The Ki-blast was a fascinating expierence. we asked one of our dojo masters about it, and said that while it is a real thing, it's allmost useless in actual combat, for the reasons i listed above, but offered to show us regardless. So he had us build him a fire. WE did, he sits before the fire in Seiza, and begins to take slow deep breaths. Reaching forward to the flames when he exhales, and slwoly drawing his arms to his torso as he breathes in. As he breathes in.. the flames start to die down. Weird as ****. he continues for 20ish minites, untill the flames have died down to embers. At this point, he turns, stands and assumes a ready position, and tells me to brace myself. He then throws a punch, stopping roughly a foot away from me... but I feel the hit, and it knocks me clean on my ***. He helps me up, and tells me if WE want another demonstration, WE would need to build him another fire.

Blindfighting is weird, in that you focus all of your ki outward, like a net, or a spider's web, and rely heavily on instinct. It's realy REALLY hard to explane to someone, without letting them expierence it.

and the worlds worst troll award goes to...

I really hope youre kidding, that story is ridiculous :cuckoo:

Believe what you like. As i said before, there are reasons I don't talk about these sorts of things much, As I tend to get responses like yours.

God I hope that you're not trying to call anyone stupid... Notice how "scientific theory", is completely different from "Fact=Truth". There may be scientific data, and evidence that supports a particular theory, but that does not make it a fact. I could say that the moon is the center of the universe, and then I could come up with mathematically correct equations which support that claim.

Observation and experimentation is not the same as absolute truth, especially when the observer has a natural biased desire to find something that supports his claims. He may, at the same time ignore evidence to the contrary, merely because there is a hint of evidence which is to his benefit. Anything that is considered a "theory" has evidence supporting it, yes, but it also has conflicting evidence against, keeping it from being absolute truth. Hypothesis>Theory>Truth.

if you were positioned on the moon and observed the universe from there then technically it would be the center. Cause you'd be viewing in a 360 degree way, you would be the center of the observation, because you would be able to see the same distance in all directions. same as if you were on Pluto so yes you are 100% right, there is no fact. And every scientist in the world is in agreement that absolutely nothing can be proven to 100% :hi5:

Nice story @Lerath666. I've also looked into this myself, though, I've never witnessed anything first hand... There are rumors of a "murim", a world inside of the "real" world where martial arts masters train in secret. And there are a few organizations which are said to be part of the murim, but you won't find anything on these organizations besides rumors... Actually, the murim is the explanation that is always tied to conspiracy theories having to do with the mysterious deaths of Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, and more recently, David Carradine...

The most compelling footage I've seen is of a man lighting paper on fire with his bare hands, in the same video he also blocks a rifle pellet with his bare hands, similar to Raditz. Seen here [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q[/ame]
He said that his master taught him how to have more control over his ki. But he never reveals who this "master" is, as I believe he mentions that his master did not want to be revealed.

Last edited:
AS I said, Believe what you like. There are things in this world that defy explanation. I can only tell you what I've expierenced. Make of it what you like.

Namecalling, or related assumptions based on region are simple fallacy. But If you choose to believe in them, that's your decision.

Nice story @Lerath666. I've also looked into this myself, though, I've never witnessed anything first hand... There are rumors of a "murim", a world inside of the "real" world where martial arts masters train in secret. And there are a few organizations which are said to be part of the murim, but you won't find anything on these organizations besides rumors... Actually, the murim is the explanation that is always tied to conspiracy theories having to do with the mysterious deaths of Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, and more recently, David Carradine...

The most compelling footage I've seen is of a man lighting paper on fire with his bare hands. Seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q
He said that his master taught him how to have more control over his ki. But he never reveals who this "master" is, as I believe he mentions that his master did not want to be revealed.

you guys must have loved the dragonball movie...:slap

Whatever the case with anything, I think it's best to be polite. We are all here because we have similar interests, but that doesn't mean we share every interest or opinion. There's no need to be negative.

I don't really care about real word stuff my self, I just enjoy the stories and character designs of Dragon Ball Z. It's just such a unique looking manga/anime. It still stands out even now.

The most compelling footage I've seen is of a man lighting paper on fire with his bare hands. Seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q

Yup, As i've said, Weird stuff that defys traditional explanation.

I can and will tell you Where I learned, and who taught my Dojo master. Where he learned it, I've got no idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_G._Foster

people who have a closed mind wont ever experience stuff like that because they cant accept it.

ki exsists without a doubt. to the extent in DBZ? no, but never the less....

there are masters who can down people without touching them.

people can fight blind folded through sense, whether it be sensing people in their immediate energy field or vibrations in the air etc. all it takes is practice and experience.

ha ha, how ironic that this is all fact and not 'theory'.

people who have a closed mind wont ever experience stuff like that because they cant accept it.

ki exsists without a doubt. to the extent in DBZ. no, but never the less....

there are masters who can down people without touching them.

people can fight blind folded through sense, whether it be sensing people in their immediate energy field or vibrations in the air etc. all it takes is practice and experience.

ha ha, this is all fact and not 'theory'.

you guys are too much :rotfl

DBZ is the ****... as a cartoon and source of entertainment, and these figs rule. this whole Ki thing though is ridiculous, for something to be considered fact there needs to be some supporting evidence for the claim.. and all the people I have seen or heard of making the claim have no evidence unfortunately, and the "evidence" they do bring is easily dis-proven

you guys are too much :rotfl

DBZ is the ****... as a cartoon and source of entertainment, and these figs rule. this whole Ki thing though is ridiculous, for something to be considered fact there needs to be some supporting evidence for the claim.. and all the people I have seen or heard of making the claim have no evidence unfortunately, and the "evidence" they do bring is easily dis-proven

No one on this board has shared any "evidence", if scientific evidence is what you're looking for. We were only sharing our observations and findings on the subject. To say that evidence that supports the theory of Ki or Chi does not exist is a completely ignorant thing to say, and it's obvious from that comment that you are either 12, or you've never done any actual research of your own on the subject in question, or both.

In any case, it's obvious that you've never looked into it for yourself, so why act like you know something about it???

Hell with it.. I'll TRY to explane blindfighting techniques.

You need to keep your eyes closed, OR wear an actual blindfold while training like this. Do your best to visualize your Ki as an energy. it' is located primarily in your center, around the stomach/diafraghm area, and radiates throughout your being from this point. Breathing Helps to focus. close your eyes, and take deep breaths. as you exhale, visualize pushing your "ki" out of your body around you in all directions like a net, or a spiders web, with you in the center. streach it out a couple meters in all directions. Focus, hold this image. Do your best to blot out all exterior information. all that exists is you, the net, and instinct. Once your satisfied with its size. Focus on the concept, or idea of " protection, safety, Stay out of harms way, Body keep me safe" that sort of thing. From there, have your sparring partners come at you, but slowly.
Blindfighting is something that takes YEARS of practice. The idea is you are adapting and reacting to threats before your contious mind is aware of them. So when someone tries to hit you, you move out of the way, or you will block. The Thing is, you've got to TRUST your instincts and let your body move you as IT wants to. you'll often get the thought of " this is stupid" while doing it, and ignore your instincts. Don't do that. LISTEN to them. sometimes, in the begenning, you'll be wrong sometimes. As you practice more, and get used to reacting, and you'll be able to increase speed.

Additionaly, your opponents need to have INTENT tohurt you, they need to focus on the idea of trying to injure or hurt you.

Like I said, it's kinda HARD to explane. it's much easier to expierence the training, and see ( or, not see) for yourself.

No one on this board has shared any "evidence", if scientific evidence is what you're looking for. We were only sharing our observations and findings on the subject. To say that evidence that supports the theory of Ki or Chi does not exist is a completely ignorant thing to say, and it's obvious from that comment that you are either 12, or you've never done any actual research of your own on the subject in question, or both.

In any case, it's obvious that you've never looked into it for yourself, so why act like you know something about it???

I was responding to the guys statement that it is Fact not theory... maybe re read my post and the post I quoted..:dunno

and youre right I have never bothered wasting my time researching it for my self because there are decades of greater minds than mine constantly disproving this fantasy... When I was 12 I may have believed in "ki blasts" and air punches etc.. but I grew up, maybe you could too :wave

Back