S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this while looking through Google today; props to whoever took the pic. Not much, but better than nothing, and at least we can now see the boxart! If Trunks looks smaler compared to Goku then he will be a perfect fit a Vegeta body *goes and buys another vegeta*
rarb5k.jpg

Trunks is technically taller than vegeta, so having. Saiyan armor trunks that's around the same height with his dad will look weird IMO if you place them side by side.

I found this while looking through Google today; props to whoever took the pic. Not much, but better than nothing, and at least we can now see the boxart! If Trunks looks smaler compared to Goku then he will be a perfect fit a Vegeta body *goes and buys another vegeta*
rarb5k.jpg

It seems that trunks has been released earlier in the US. :blissy

Edit: Just Ordered 2 Trunks :yess::yess::yess:

About the armored Trunks, I think that it is'n a bad idea after all...I own 2 vegetas, but one of them has been repainted as Regular Vegeta (black hair) and finally, I managed to remove his "redish" of the faces and neck using a "brushes cleaner liquid" (works 100% perfect ), nevertless I would need another Vegeta for an armored Trunks version :thud:

Trunks-In-Armor-psd69339.png

Last edited:
hey guys, found more pics through Google; again, props to the person that took them. As you can see, Trunks is somehow smaller than vegeta, which i don't understand, although he does look good in armor; maybe he is based off of his first appearance, where he is younger (really wish they would stop doing that though, his later forms were much cooler), and as you can see, NO PAINT PROBLEMS!!! Yay!!!

screenshot_19.jpg

screenshot_21.jpg

screenshot_20.jpg

2ee2e.jpg

2ee2e.jpg

Not sure, but I believe that the first time that trunks leaves the Room of spirit and time with the saiyan armor (and bulma cut his hair), he is about the same height than Vegeta. (At least in the manga), however he looks taller than Vegeta the second time he leaves that room

Same for his first appearence, and he is 17 years old .. He is about the same height than Vegeta (without vegeta's hair), therefore the figure proportions would be more or less accurate

Personally I love the result of this Trunks Armor version, I'll try it as soon as I receive my 2 units :yess:

Btw, Judging by that pic,posted by Big Deano the released Trunks has the same syndrome than the other figuarts : The painting is less detailed and worst finish (specially the pants) han the prototype ,.. anyways, this final Trunks looks "fine" and does'nt look as bad as SS3 Goku

Last edited:
I think it looks fine, do remember that this is based on 17yo trunks when he first arrived and killed Freeza and king cold.

That said, anymore pics with frontal shot? Why are most of them sides :lol

Hmmm... I don't remember Trunks being smaller than Vegeta. Even before his training I believe he was already taller than his father. I'm going to check the manga again :slap

Here's the best i can find for a trunks review so far :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpEtTLhj4Zs[/ame]

Testing testing. Is this thread frozen?

Edit: Nope. Weird.

Sorry. It kept on saying there was unread post's in here, but there weren't. It also said "takukari" posted last, but it kept on showing Hydeous' above post. Since I posted, the problem went away. So nevermind :D

Last edited:
Testing testing. Is this thread frozen?

Edit: Nope. Weird.

Sorry. It kept on saying there was unread post's in here, but there weren't. It also said "takukari" posted last, but it kept on showing Hydeous' above post. Since I posted, the problem went away. So nevermind :D

Yeah, I noticed the same problem actually. I subscribed to this thread, and got an email update of takutari's post actually:

Dear Hydeous,

takukari has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!! - in the General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc. forum of Sideshow Freaks.

This thread is located at:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83229&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Here's the best i can find for a trunks review so far :)

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Sideshow Freaks

Lemme ask Dave and find out:peace

Just bought this earlier off of eBay for 49$ free shipping. Didn't feel like waiting on BBTS since they get stuff a little slow. It actually was cheaper going through eBay since BBTS usually wants about 7$ shipping.

Just bought this earlier off of eBay for 49$ free shipping. Didn't feel like waiting on BBTS since they get stuff a little slow. It actually was cheaper going through eBay since BBTS usually wants about 7$ shipping.

I bought 4 pieces via eBay as well, as it turns out cheaper than amazon price. My friend wanted 1, but he cancels I'd gladly takes his as well:panic::lol

I bought 4 pieces via eBay as well, as it turns out cheaper than amazon price. My friend wanted 1, but he cancels I'd gladly takes his as well:panic::lol

I almost want to get another Vegeta so I can have a Saiyan Armored Trunks. That was a great idea.

I've been debating getting the SDCC Goku but it's like 100$ on eBay. I have the regular yellow version but he doesn't mesh with the Vegeta colors :slap

If I get him I need to get the SDCC Gohan as well.

I almost want to get another Vegeta so I can have a Saiyan Armored Trunks. That was a great idea.

I've been debating getting the SDCC Goku but it's like 100$ on eBay. I have the regular yellow version but he doesn't mesh with the Vegeta colors :slap

If I get him I need to get the SDCC Gohan as well.

Yes, I've thought about getting another vegeta as well. But if I were a betting man, I think they will release another vegeta with the brown boot tips, along with a taller, trunks with the saiyan gear and throw them as a twin pack. It'd be to easy of a real ease, since most of them are reuse of the molds, and only new mold would probably be trunks' hair, taller body and the modified boot tips.

Had no idea the sdcc Goku were going that high already. I remembered buying it not long ago for like 50$ on eBay. I think you should get it, as it seems bandai is dropping the manga color (old Goku and gohan) and will use the new anime color that have gradiation like the sdcc Goku, vegeta, trunks and sdcc gohan.

Yup, Over past couple of months SDCC Goku just skyrocketted, probably something to do with SDCC Gohan being released soon, since the con artisits are also trying to get people to preorder him for upwards of $100 (£60), even though he will retail for $30 (£15) lol.

I got lucky, managed to get Goku for retail price in Jan, still scouring eBay for a first release Goku that isn't a bajillion pounds though, sicne hes the only one I don't have (Got Piccolo and Gohan dirt cheap off a seller who didn't know what they were, evil i know, but you do what you gotta do lol)

While I'm here, I may as well ask; what type of paint would you all recommend for a regular black hair? matt or gloss?

Back