S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so you folks know, Bardock is going up for PO on Amiami, and I imagine other places as well

Anyone know if this is real?

View attachment 491695

Yes AND No.

Around 2014-2016, Bandai Tamashii Nations had a BAD habit of showing prototypes and/or samples of potential figures; like SSJ4 Goku, Base Goku GT, Angel Wings Goku, Champa, Vados, SSJ3 Vegeta, etc. etc. I think they also did this with a few of their other licenses like Injustice, Marvel (Cinematic), etc. One thing noted on their little signs you see in this photo is that they would say something like "Display Only" or "Not for retail sale". It was determined that this was a common Eastern convention practice and most Eastern fans knew these were just cool display figures.

However, Tamashii was getting popular..and their Dragon Ball, Marvel and other lines were getting more international attention, and these photos were getting LOTS of attention in the West. But the WESTERN FAN CULTURE is: "If you show a prototype at a con/event, you're making it". So fans were speculating a lot about these figures. Adam Newman (the former Bandai Tamashii Nations liaison to the USA) was questioned REPEATEDLY about these figures (mostly seen in YouTube videos) and had to constantly remind folks that these were display models and not "true" prototypes.

Tamashii learned their lesson pretty quickly. They really don't show anything they do NOT intend to make anymore.

Ah, the late great Adam Newman. Haven?t heard that name in a while, wonder what he?s up to nowadays. Funny thing is when I met him at NYCC one year he was like a pseudo celebrity to me [emoji23]

I?m glad they didn?t release the big ones like SS4 and Buuhan back then. Sure they could?ve been 2.0?d but I?m glad they waited so they can get a proper treatment with correct scaling and detail. Seems nowadays Tamashii is focusing more on consistency, scale, and detail which was something that was lacking during that time period. It?s not perfect by any means with the DB line being it?s own scale and certain details being missed but it?s a hell of a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, since when did Target sell Figuarts? I was at one in AZ and there were like 7 of the saiyan raised on earth Goku figures.

Yes AND No.

Around 2014-2016, Bandai Tamashii Nations had a BAD habit of showing prototypes and/or samples of potential figures; like SSJ4 Goku, Base Goku GT, Angel Wings Goku, Champa, Vados, SSJ3 Vegeta, etc. etc. I think they also did this with a few of their other licenses like Injustice, Marvel (Cinematic), etc. One thing noted on their little signs you see in this photo is that they would say something like "Display Only" or "Not for retail sale". It was determined that this was a common Eastern convention practice and most Eastern fans knew these were just cool display figures.

However, Tamashii was getting popular..and their Dragon Ball, Marvel and other lines were getting more international attention, and these photos were getting LOTS of attention in the West. But the WESTERN FAN CULTURE is: "If you show a prototype at a con/event, you're making it". So fans were speculating a lot about these figures. Adam Newman (the former Bandai Tamashii Nations liaison to the USA) was questioned REPEATEDLY about these figures (mostly seen in YouTube videos) and had to constantly remind folks that these were display models and not "true" prototypes.

Tamashii learned their lesson pretty quickly. They really don't show anything they do NOT intend to make anymore.

Well I heard Demoniacal Fit was working on their own SS4 Goku so I guess I still have some hope to own him one day.

Hey, they are on the website too! You have to search for figuRarts goku, though. That's awesome, I needed an extra!

Hey, since when did Target sell Figuarts? I was at one in AZ and there were like 7 of the saiyan raised on earth Goku figures.

I am not sure when but I have seen them at Target since some time in 2019 already. Not many but there were 2-3 stores that had Figuarts. They even have the Tamashii Nations Gundam at more stores than Figuarts.

Well I heard Demoniacal Fit was working on their own SS4 Goku so I guess I still have some hope to own him one day.

Tamashii is actually "working" on SSJ4 Goku as well. They mentioned it during their Virtual "SDCC" Event where they showed Raditz, Freiza, etc.

Next year is the 25th Anniversary of Dragon Ball GT's original televised run (started in February 1996) so ONCE AGAIN a good reason to do a GT Goku :lol

Personally, I'd LOVE a Super Saiyan 4 Goku. I really warmed up to the design and it screams 90's!!! with it's bright colors. Still think his hair and fur should've been the traditional super saiyan gold but it's fine.

OMG... 25 years, Dragon Ball GT! This makes me feel SO OLD like I'm close to dying lol! I still remember watching GT as a teen. I was able to get the entire GT show from a black market. It came in dozens of cd roms, each with 2 or 3 episodes I think lol! The quality was of course pretty bad due to the medium used, but it was Dragon Ball and it made me happy anyway. I still love the ending song "Don't You See" by Zard.

I had Cantonese dubbed vcd's for GT. Hated it so much that I never bothered to finish it after all those years.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G975W 發送

The french dub was pretty awful too.
The voice actor for the SSJ4 form was not the same as the original Adult Goku from DBZ.
Let me tell you that a lot of french despise DBGT because of the dub alone.
....though...the original cast cannot really salvage the disaster that GT was....

Back