S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily, but I know there are better ways to engineer them. For example:

View attachment 459237

The “arm” on this is sturdy enough to keep your figure in place, however at the same time it limits pose-ability especially when you’re trying to make dynamic shots. They are only capable of holding certain figures, any figure that is too short is useless, likewise for anything that is a bit too tall. This one on the other hand,

View attachment 459240

Notice the arm has a lot more range & allows for more movement. You can bend it in a lot more degrees than you could with the other arm. Furthermore, look at the clamps they use for the arms to hold your figure

View attachment 459241

Yeah they work, but they are tiny (you think this small thing is going to hold SHF Jiren in place?) And they come apart way too easily. This can be easily improved upon

View attachment 459242

This clamp is way more efficient in every way. Yet they are not included in the package. Hence why I’ve been searching for alternatives. Just like we have 2.0’s of SHF Dragon Ball, it would be nice to have 2.0 Stage Act stands

Thanks for the explanation. What are your thoughts on the new stand that's coming out? It looks like it gives you an extra swivel joint near the base and there is an added crotch support option. The clamp seems the same size but the fact it now has the extra crotch piece and more range of motion it may address a couple of your criticisms.

By the way, what's everyone's opinion of the Scouter Vegeta reissue? When I ordered it I wasn't aware of it's paint shortcomings and that it's predecessor had better paint application. I scored one from BN with a coupon so it was a decent price. However, I picked him up to display him with Nappa, who has a more toned down and ultimately way better paint application. So the contrast is a little glaring. Keep this Vegeta or pay the higher price for the previous version? Even saw a YouTuber suggest Bandai may revisit this figure.

By the way, what's everyone's opinion of the Scouter Vegeta reissue? When I ordered it I wasn't aware of it's paint shortcomings and that it's predecessor had better paint application. I scored one from BN with a coupon so it was a decent price. However, I picked him up to display him with Nappa, who has a more toned down and ultimately way better paint application. So the contrast is a little glaring. Keep this Vegeta or pay the higher price for the previous version? Even saw a YouTuber suggest Bandai may revisit this figure.

I say keep the figure. I have the og and this one. I am now keeping the og boxed up, and i now have 2 of the 2.0's. i just bought a gundam marker (i used a kinda dark grey from set 1) and it makes the figure look soooo much better. Not nearly as bland.
These markers are easy to use and will wipe off if you do it right away. You can even use the to add depth to the muscles (use the blue in the kit). I saw a youtube video that did this to a figurise Goku so figured I'd try it out on vegeta.

Jiren is probably going to be super-lite on accessories; 2 fists, 2 open palms, 2 gripping hands, folded arms, a neutral face, an angry/yelling face, and a smirking face if we’re lucky. Can’t really think of anything else he can come packaged with

Thanks for the explanation. What are your thoughts on the new stand that's coming out? It looks like it gives you an extra swivel joint near the base and there is an added crotch support option. The clamp seems the same size but the fact it now has the extra crotch piece and more range of motion it may address a couple of your criticisms.

Which stand are you referring to? I don’t think I’ve seen it yet

I get the 5 pack Obitsu stands. They tend to run $25 but can find them on sale (i think i got mine for 20 but was like 4 or 5 yrs ago).
I like em cuz while you assemble the pieces yourself, you can super tighten the screws and the hold way tighter (making it so you can barely adjust so i get it in spot i like then tighten it up further).

But I'm also cheap as I don't want to break the bank for a stand ... Shouldn't cost as much as the figure itself.

Which stand are you referring to? I don’t think I’ve seen it yet

I'm assuming it's new since it is listed as a pre-order and looks different than the Act 4 stands in stock. The in stock stands don't have the extra swivel near the base nor the triple joint support clip. Not sure why they are both labeled as Act 4 though.

Pre-order stand:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87712

In stock stand:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/966

65671291_317879545788709_5519806736317990375_n.jpg

Source: Instamashii.

The upper torso seems gappy and there's also another huge gap between the crotch part and the belly (lack of a better word....)
His head is nice though

SDCC Goku Black has been leaked. Doesnt look like a normal head is included

No that was revealed a while ago. He is just pink with a pink hue tint to the outfit. I'm unsure of the faces that will come with it though. If it'll just be the faces in the original that were for pink or if they will recolor all to go with that hair set

4B864921-C4F6-41DE-8B32-747140B25254.jpeg

Dunno if I will buy this version. That metallic hair seems like Demoniacal Fit could’ve made it themselves. Also they could’ve at least included his scythe that he uses. Chibi Gokou on the other hand

4FCBBC44-9B7D-4B79-9A40-07520D633404.jpeg

Blue outfit which is accurate to the source material, brand new belt, AND they are including the smirk face that was shown in the original prototype but omitted from the official release. I’m definitely getting this over Guko Black

The upper torso seems gappy and there's also another huge gap between the crotch part and the belly (lack of a better word....)
His head is nice though

I understand, however I don’t think there was any way around that. They could’ve made it seemless, but then they would have to sacrifice ab-crunch articulation & he would’ve been stiff. It was probably the best they can do. It seems that little “gap” you see gives him more freedom to be posed anyway you want

Back