S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the event exclusive Goku Black was a bit of a suprise to me, I wasn't expecting that. The hair paint looks like it matches with how the new SSGSS Figures are now. Is this Goku Black not coming with the base head either?

My updated display

IMG_2401.jpg

What figure is that on this picture you attached? I'd like to know the scale of it, if you have a source or info about it please. :)

Don’t know the name of the figure line unfortunately, all I know is that it was shown at the “Dragon Ball Premium Fair” in Japan & that it’s being released sometime in September

It's the Banpresto line but as far as I know they didn't show the size details.

So, the event exclusive Goku Black was a bit of a suprise to me, I wasn't expecting that. The hair paint looks like it matches with how the new SSGSS Figures are now. Is this Goku Black not coming with the base head either?

It will not. It's a Super Saiyan Rose only release. All the faces that were originally used for base Goku Black have been repainted for Super Saiyan Rose.

New figures should NEVER be the way to go as a con exclusive. What they have been doing until then is the best thing they could come up with.
It's just sad that Gohan is crap. It's good though for those who missed the original Ultimate Gohan.

They could have went the model kit route and release a Fusion Reborns Gogeta though....

"New figures are NEVER Con Exclusives" has been the unofficial "rule of thumb" for a LOOONG time amongst all the collectible companies (Hasbro, Sideshow, Mattel, etc.) UNLESS they make enough the please non-attendees.

A lot of companies learned their lesson a long time ago when their fans would hate HARD for doing anything with new figures as Con Exclusives. In some cases, they'd re-release the same figure with a slightly different paint-job later on...or they would make it widely available to other retailers or sell it on their own websites (hasbrotoyshop.com). I remember when LEGO entered the Con exclusive game a little while back and they got decked HARD because it was new to them. I was at SDCC years ago and there was an incident in the LEGO line of an adult pushing a kid out of line to try and get the LEGO exclusives that were so limited. Countless complaints from people at the show about the "family/fan-friendly" LEGO turning their back on their collectors and fans by going the Con Exclusive route. The big one was the '66 Batmobile Exclusive....which they later released in a normal set.

I've always advocated that the Figuarts Exclusives should be "off-the-wall" colors and repaints like Arlia Vegeta, even Kaioken Goku, and the recent Cell repaint. They've been pushing it though with some of the figures like SSB Vegito and Broly, and even doing a repaint/re-release of Golden Frieza irks me a little since he's still a "regular" character in the newer series. One of the exclusive Broly figures probably would've done really well as a PC "normal" releases just like PC Vegeta and PC Trunks.

Well, you see, I have the original Broly figuarts and never cared about the repaints, I just thought it was a good idea to release those Broly as exclusives for people that really want the character if they missed the original release.
PC Vegeta and PC Trunks are two figures that are not in my display even though I have them....Because I hate them.

I remember when LEGO entered the Con exclusive game a little while back and they got decked HARD because it was new to them. I was at SDCC years ago and there was an incident in the LEGO line of an adult pushing a kid out of line to try and get the LEGO exclusives that were so limited. Countless complaints from people at the show about the "family/fan-friendly" LEGO turning their back on their collectors and fans by going the Con Exclusive route.

Lego didn’t stop. They’re still doing it every year. Mattel does it too.

Lego didn’t stop. They’re still doing it every year. Mattel does it too.

I haven’t been keeping track but I know Lego has “re-released” some of the Con exclusives with slight changes in other sets (like the 66 Batmobile in the 66 Batcave set) and Mattel would sell exclusives on their “Mattiecollector” website.

Oh well, no surprise otherwise!

Back