S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well about that...
My Krillin is a model kit, he is quite a bit out of scale but not that much to me since his size vary a lot ( it's not consistent in the series)
I find the SSJ4 model kit to be too tall.
I'm using the Kid Buu Model Kit in my display and the scale doesn't bother me that much and to finish...The two Broly model kits don't seem too out of scale compared to their counterparts...

But yeah, thanks for telling me about Gogeta...I guess I'll have to wait for the Figuarts one.

I finally received my SSB Vegeto from a friend alongside with the Power Pole for Goku x)
I think I might want to customize Vegeto's shoulders so that it won't be ugly like it currently is. ( God...I hate those V1.0 shoulders...)

Essentially, the Dragon Ball line is the only one I'm really continuing.

I stopped buying Kamen Rider figures because I have a lack of interest concerning these, and I also stopped the Star Wars line because I didn't like the new trilogy, I'm only picking Yoda, Dooku, Obi Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, I'll just get the Black Series Hoth Leia and I'm basically done.

As for Dragon Ball, it's weird, even when it's "****" I can't hate it. ( Yup, the ToP is ****)

In contrast, I liked the Naruto series quite a lot before the 4th Ninja War and hated it during that period throughout the end. I got burned hard on that series, but it seems I can't get burned no matter what they pull for Dragon Ball...

Damn it guys lol. I just sold 4 brand new Figuarts figures on ebay. Profit about $100... lost $100 in shipping, paypal fee and now a $44 fee from ebay... got my money back but no profit lol fudgen hell I should had just kept them

Damn it guys lol. I just sold 4 brand new Figuarts figures on ebay. Profit about $100... lost $100 in shipping, paypal fee and now a $44 fee from ebay... got my money back but no profit lol fudgen hell I should had just kept them

Oh, you must have sold them at retail price then? This is something that makes selling on Ebay really hard, got no choice but to increase the price in order to cover the Ebay fee, Paypal fee, and shipping costs. USPS has increased their shipping prices as well. I used to be able to send Priority Mail packages for just around $6 to $8, now the lowest for me is $9. I just make the buyer pay for shipping, since even if you indicate "no returns", they can just maliciously break a part of the item and easily claim "Item Not as Described" and Ebay will side with them, forcing you to either accept the return or refund them without getting the item back.

Selling on Ebay really is becoming harder for the average person, this is why I just do business on Facebook or reddit's toyexchange sub :(

338d0fb451800bee2b9640f0c7a59d10.gif

eBay has a great audience of customer looking for collectibles hence a good site to sell but because they charge so much, if you’re barely selling your item at 25-50% more than what they cost you, you’re breaking even, lose money or barely earn anything making it not worthwhile to even sell unless you’re just trying to get rid of the items.

Oh, you must have sold them at retail price then? This is something that makes selling on Ebay really hard, got no choice but to increase the price in order to cover the Ebay fee, Paypal fee, and shipping costs. USPS has increased their shipping prices as well. I used to be able to send Priority Mail packages for just around $6 to $8, now the lowest for me is $9. I just make the buyer pay for shipping, since even if you indicate "no returns", they can just maliciously break a part of the item and easily claim "Item Not as Described" and Ebay will side with them, forcing you to either accept the return or refund them without getting the item back.

Selling on Ebay really is becoming harder for the average person, this is why I just do business on Facebook or reddit's toyexchange sub :(

Agree with the parts for “no returns” yet a buyer can still return within 30 days and 90 days if they use PayPal as payment.

To minimize those cases from happening, never list an item with “what you see is what you get” statement, always describe to the best of your knowledge the item and any defects, provide multiple photos in your listing. If you don’t then the buyer can file a case against you for anything that your listing did not cover. In some cases, even the mishandling of shipment is valid which is not even your fault. There’s plenty of loophole for a buyer to always win a case.

Agree with the parts for “no returns” yet a buyer can still return within 30 days and 90 days if they use PayPal as payment.

To minimize those cases from happening, never list an item with “what you see is what you get” statement, always describe to the best of your knowledge the item and any defects, provide multiple photos in your listing. If you don’t then the buyer can file a case against you for anything that your listing did not cover. In some cases, even the mishandling of shipment is valid which is not even your fault. There’s plenty of loophole for a buyer to always win a case.

Yup, you definitely need to list everything. Although I also had a bad experience despite listing everything and including multiple pictures. One time I sold a bunch of items that was part of a collector's edition Tomb Raider set. That set included a music cd from the Tomb Raider game, the art graphic book, a laminated picture, a giant map of where the Tomb Raider story took place, some badges that you can sew on clothes. I also listed, in giant bold letters, that the Lara Croft Play Arts Kai toy was not included. I think I sold it for $30, including Lara Croft would've brought up the price to $70 or more. Of course there were numerous pictures included for each of the items I listed. Somebody bought it. I shipped it out. Buyer received it. Buyer opened a claim against me saying "I fell scam!!! I buy Lara Croft no include!" or some terribly written crap like that. I told them I specifically pointed out that Lara Croft was not included in the set, that it was written in bold letters, that it was also noted in the title of the listing, and that Lara Croft was not even in the pictures. Ebay still made me accept the return despite the fact that I picked "No Returns" and all information necessary about the stuff being sold was stated all over the sales post. I blocked the buyer from ever being able to buy from me again.

On the other hand, whenever I sold stuff on facebook or reddit, I never encounter problems (as long as I don't deal with people on each group's scammer alert lists). I guess it's because there's more of a personal connection and direct communication between the buyer and the seller even before a transaction takes place, and members are usually vouched for by other regulars. Things are cleared out right from the start, you can meet each other if it's a local deal, items don't really get crushed at the post office as long as you use proper boxes and use bubble wrap or other "fillings" to protect it inside the box. Oh that reminds me, one time on Ebay, I bought this Figuarts Dark Knight Batman, and they just wrapped the box with the paper they printed the shipping label on. Yes, it was wrapped by the paper used in printers lol! Somehow the item arrived safely without getting crushed. It's a "miracle" purchase haha!

It’s probably next to impossible to find a place that has figure parts right?

I bought a piccolo at a shop and the nutral head has a broken off antenna, I knew it was broken, so I’m not looking to return, just maybe find a antenna or a head. I know him being a olde figure makes it harder.

On some of the facebook groups you can ask if anyone has that piccolo head as fodder. A lot of the customizers may have it.

It’s probably next to impossible to find a place that has figure parts right?

I bought a piccolo at a shop and the nutral head has a broken off antenna, I knew it was broken, so I’m not looking to return, just maybe find a antenna or a head. I know him being a olde figure makes it harder.

Perhaps you can search for an old Piccolo figure from back in the day, buy one cheap, snap off the antenna & try to glue it on your SHF

I had wondered about that, but those antenna look horrid In all the pics lol

Its all hit and miss. My original datong vegeta figure and head parts were terrible but the super saiyan was good!

Vise versa to the ones today too. The SSG goku 2.0 I bought was horrible but the SS3 goku 2.0 was great! If his legs weren’t so lose and the figure could stand up straight it would be a perfect replica

*also I forgot I had the datong final form frieza. That was also a great replica figure

Broccoli is looking sa-weeeeeet. Wonder how many accessories it will come with

On a side note, can we take a moment to consider the fact that Mafex is absolutely KILLING it lately? Their new Spider-Man turned out amazing, and these beauties are next

F5B826E5-6506-4891-A045-2D542EF67E1D.jpeg
3CDCF9D5-52D5-4C33-B483-0E223A64A673.jpeg

I sold off all my SHF Avengers, I decided that I would rather have the comic book versions of the characters instead of the MCU versions. And if Mafex keeps up this track record, I won’t have to wait too much longer for them to do that

Well, I'm glad I haven't bought the figuarts for the other Broly, that is the one I want.

I really wasn't expecting this version of Broly to be honest, but that's cool.

We really are blessed with awesome figures from Tamashii these days x)

Back