S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But yeah, it makes no sense since his father would have just been getting him prepared for revenge and would have that only on his mind. So where the kindness came from, no idea. Maybe having the pet that he was forced to train vs. it was his only rebellion vs his father (who controlled his anger from losing control) to care about that fur monster ... no idea but I’ve come to learn to not put too much thought into Toriyama story boards.

Maybe Broly is a natural introvert and only does the things his dad told him to do just to get over it. I can kinda relate to that lol!

They used his friendship with Ba to represent Broly's innocence. Even after Paragus destroyed Broly's friendship with Ba, his innocence remained intact since he kept the ear as a pelt, which he was extremely protective over, to remind him of his childhood friendship. The way he told the story also gives the implication that Broly had always resented Paragus for that as well.

I think Jiren might win in a fight against current Broly, but not because he's more powerful, but because he's more experienced. However, I think it's clear that Broly is far more powerful and gifted than Jiren, since he essentially surpassed both Vegeta, Goku, Golden Frieza, and Beerus ( according to Goku), in his first fight, with little to no training or experienced. Considering how hard Goku and Vegeta had to work to reach blue status, just imagine Broly going through the same training and battles that made it possible for Goku and Vegeta to achieve ssj blue. Not to mention, Broly was easily beating a post tournament of power Goku and Vegeta, so they are probably even stronger than they were during the actual tournament. Hopefully, Broly doesn't take a back seat to Goku and Vegeta in the future, like every other Z fighter.... cough...Piccolo and Gohan.
This is a worthy rebuttal I can accept... Well played sir

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Broly never defeated a GoD... Goku said he THINKS he’s stronger than Beerus. We KNOW that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, in fact he was so strong that the rumor of his strength spread across the multiverse.

And Jiren is still training.. deny him all y’all want but, C’mon fam. He currently is the Tom Brady of DB

Broly never defeated a GoD... Goku said he THINKS he’s stronger than Beerus. We KNOW that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, in fact he was so strong that the rumor of his strength spread across the multiverse.

And Jiren is still training.. deny him all y’all want but, C’mon fam. He currently is the Tom Brady of DB

Until the next big gun comes along... then the next, and the next

Agreed. Jiren would mop an untrained broly. It’s not like broly can tap into full power super saiyan at will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerus is probably stronger than Belmod tho. Jiren might be training, but Broly with barely any real training was at least Beerus level in raw power....and Goku would know, since he fought Beerus several times. Even Whis seemed to be impressed by Brolys power. The fact that saiyans grow stronger with every battle gives Broly another advantage. Didn't the creator of DB confirm that Broly was stronger than Jiren, or was that a fake article? Maybe he changed his mind :lol

This is a worthy rebuttal I can accept... Well played sir

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

It seems that Broly is now the most naturally gifted saiyan ...which is scary, considering it used to be Goku, and look how far Goku made it, achieving UI and beating Jiren. Broly's potential should be beyond that...if they don't sideline the character. Goku will always be the main hero and ultimately save the day by beating the newest strongest opponent, so we might never see Broly's full potential, but at least in theory, he should go further than Goku and Vegeta.

I don’t think Broly is stronger then Jiren ... yet. Jiren’s strength was amazing and he still has more to go. As was said, he is still training as well, and no Goku didn’t beat him. It took all 4 (Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Android 17) to beat him in a chess sort of way. They couldn’t beat him by might alone.
Which has opened the door for new interesting ways to go about these fights. While they fight people who are loads stronger, they use their long tested battle wits to win with a plan and teamwork then just going into a next level and one saves the day.

I don’t think Broly is stronger then Jiren ... yet. Jiren’s strength was amazing and he still has more to go. As was said, he is still training as well, and no Goku didn’t beat him. It took all 4 (Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Android 17) to beat him in a chess sort of way. They couldn’t beat him by might alone.
Which has opened the door for new interesting ways to go about these fights. While they fight people who are loads stronger, they use their long tested battle wits to win with a plan and teamwork then just going into a next level and one saves the day.

It's hard to tell where these character rank. According to VS Battle Wiki (best online ranking of characters website) , Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, Beerus, Broly, Frieza, Whis (and all angels), Toppo and Fusion Zamasu are all in the "Low 2-C" category.

Multiversal
2-C: Low Multiverse level
This category is separated in the following manner:

Universe level+: ("Low 2-C") This is for characters who can destroy and/or create the entire 4-dimensional space-time of a single universe, not just the physical matter within one. For example, an entire timeline.

Low Multiverse level: Characters who can destroy and/or create up to 1000 universal space-time continuums. The power difference between Low 2-C and 2-C characters is not possible to exactly quantify, given that the latter category has to breach the distance between universes along a 5-dimensional axis.

Android 17 is categorized as 3-A, Universe level

This category is separated in the following manner:
Universe level: Characters who can destroy all of the physical matter within an observable universe at full power. More specifically, usually via an explosion, omnidirectional energy blast, or a shockwave, that encompasses all of the stars and planets within a universe.

Hopefully, the next show will be a bit more specific as far as where does UI, Gogeta, Beerus...and the other characters rank.

Meanwhile Gohan was supposed to have the biggest potential out of the entire cast.. I hope they don’t neuter Broly like they did Gohan

Gohan was a fan favorite back in the cell arc. Broly was mostly hated by the fandom until recently when it was revealed he was being rewritten into the canon

Gohan was not well received in Japan when all the readers realized that he was going to replace Goku. Happened in the Cell Saga and it happened again in the Buu Saga. (Edited: Is that even true? That seems to be the general consensus but I think Toriyama's explanation of him not fitting that role fits more in line with the characterization.) His merchandise doesn't sell that well either.

Broly has always been a fan favorite and one of the most popular characters of the franchise, regardless of not being canon.

Gohan was not well received in Japan when all the readers realized that he was going to replace Goku. Happened in the Cell Saga and it happened again in the Buu Saga. (Edited: Is that even true? That seems to be the general consensus but I think Toriyama's explanation of him not fitting that role fits more in line with the characterization.) His merchandise doesn't sell that well either.

Broly has always been a fan favorite and one of the most popular characters of the franchise, regardless of not being canon.

Absolutely correct

Absolutely correct

That still surprises me but at the same time it's understandable from the perspective of a long-time reader/viewer who started with Dragon Ball rather than Z. I could certainly see it similar to all of the backlash that comic book companies receive when they try to put somebody else, mainly a sidekick or supporting character, in the role of the character that has been there from the beginning.

Back