S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree with the off topic stuff, we have always posted generic dragonball stuff when no news is out. I for one wont see this thread die just because there isnt figure news for a while. I will change your post about a bit to say that if you dont like it, dont read it and moan that you read it!

They werent exactly spoilers either, all that was said was regarding character appearances that were already seen in trailers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Post off topic I don't care but don't post spoiler . If this was comic book movie . Com I wouldn't say I was expecting or I wouldn't just read it. It's DBZ at least put a spoiler before you spoil something from the movie is what I'm saying no matter how small the spoil **spoil ** (RESPECT)

I haven't posted here in quite a while but I had to come by and share this. A member at dragonballfigures.boards.net is currently volunteering at the Bluefin Tamashii booth at A-kon in Dallas and he managed to get an interesting bit of info. I'll skip ahead to the important bits...first, the somewhat bad...the Nappa prototype they've shown will not see a release but they are thinking about retooling it to include his armor. Now the good...eventual Kid Buu and Broly prototypes have basically been confirmed. Of course they didn't say when they'd be shown (SDCC perhaps?) but they said they are coming up next.

Here's the link to his thread.

https://dragonballfigures.boards.net/thread/971/kon-dallas?page=2

All great news.

ooh haha, sorry for being too fast xD

anyhoo, 46 days till sdcc! :rock

didn't toriyama confirm that he'd make a new db series?
https://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Toriyama_comfirmed_to_be_making_a_NEW_DRAGON_BALL_MANGA!

As much as I love DBZ, I hope it isn't true. I think they should leave the DBZ series as is. No more post-Buu saga stories. It would be cool if they could flesh out preexisting canon though (ex. A manga book on the android twins before they became androids and then explaining why Gero chose them, a Great Saiyaman stand alone book, a book on the background of another villain).

I would hate to see one of my favorite fictions ruined by trying to make new stories solely for the $$$ though - see Star Wars, Indiana Jones, other classics with sequels made many years after original series ended.

Could care less about Broly, but pumped for Kid Buu. I really hope we get Kid Buu at the end of this year or beginning of next year!

Last edited:
Post off topic I don't care but don't post spoiler . If this was comic book movie . Com I wouldn't say I was expecting or I wouldn't just read it. It's DBZ at least put a spoiler before you spoil something from the movie is what I'm saying no matter how small the spoil **spoil ** (RESPECT)

I can't do that if I don't consider what I'm saying spoilers. I mentioned the LACK of 1 very minor cameo character (who nobody had reason to suspect anyway) and the LACK of action scenes for 1 particular character. Both provide ZERO info on the plot whatsoever. After that I simply said Magneto and Blink were cooler to me than QS, which is the guy EVERYBODY is talking about, hell signatures on this forum alone will tell you that QS is good in this film.

If you're that type of person who wants to literally know NOTHING before going into a film, live without browsing the web until you've seen it, or see a film right away.

EDIT: Oh yeah I did mention something about Iceman that was technically something I'd consider a super minor spoiler if you don't watch any trailers at all, well, sorry for that.
EDIT2: Ftr I won't talk about the film again, but I did want to respond now obviously.

I must be one of the few people who really liked the prequel trilogy for Star Wars. Sure it was almost all CGI and felt a tad rushed in explaining its story, but what films dont do that nowadays? I just dont think they are given enough credit tbh.

Anyway, enough OT for now, we should be exited bran got some useful info from akon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I knew these were the prototypes, so I'm not disappointed. I am very disappointed in another part of that news though. Broly and Kid Boo are highly popular and should be made in the line, despite me not caring for them. I think they are representative of the community. I appreciate the news! Thanks!

"hey guys Days of Future Past was awesome, i loved the quicksilver scene and blink was cool too"
"OMG STOP POSTING SPOILERZZZZ GRRR"

How old are you guys complaining, 12? Seriously.

Anyway, great news about Broly & Buu. I'm sure we'll get Nappa eventually, it's just a matter of time. Probably 4th quarter 2015 if we're lucky.

The thing about Broly is, which version will be prototyped? There's essentially 2 versions they can release, the standard lean version with SSj headswap, and the beefcake LSSj version which would have to be the same size if not bigger than the Nappa prototype. Hmm..

Also, I'm surprised they haven't considered Gogeta. I would think that would be a no-brainer hot sell, no?

I'm afraid, that is to say expect a slender Broly... On the other hand, he's gonna be way bigger than normal anyway so they might as well go all out.

Not gonna buy Broly but it's nice for the fans and I do look forward to simply seeing it.

@Bane what disappointed you?

They honestly would not waste plastic on an non SS or SSJ version of Broly! The entire point of his creation was the physical embodiment of a 1000 year old legacy; that of the Legendary Super Saiyan. Broly's inherent superiority and his transform, giving him the ability to kick everyone's ass at once, is what was so appealing about the character. Why would anybody want a non SSJ Broly? That's just dumb guy...

They're going with LSSJ. That's what all those votes are for, and what "everyone" thinks of for Broly. Personally, I love the slim design, and don't like the big look, but it won't happen. I thought he looked intimidating the way he was, and looked cool in Second Coming. Plus it would be cheaper!

I believe Gogeta would do well. He was on the poll, so there's a chance, although I think he split the vote for Vegito. I hope Post Time Chamber Trunks is on the next SDCC poll.

Kid Boo, Majin Vegeta, Post Time Chamber Trunks, Mystic Gohan, Broly, and the Android Twins were the most wanted on Sideshow, right?

Sideshow forum pool
acabbb.jpg

@Silrian I just wish Post Time Chamber Trunks got a mention over a poll that puts Yamcha at the most wanted. Trunks wasn't on Tamashii's poll, so I'm bummed if he wasn't on their poll, because they thought about making him regardless, but they might be swayed, since they might see lack of interest in a big fan poll. I don't know. If no one wanted him, and everyone wanted Yamcha, then great. But as Goku says to Majin Vegeta, "I don't buy it!" I'm sure Yamcha would be the top winner anyways, but I just worry about Trunks is all.

@DragonBall Fan I was referring to Pwnstar's poll, but thanks man.

Our poll we conducted via PwnStar511 had a few clear winners and SSJ armoured Trunks scored highly. Any poll that doesn't list him as an option is pretty close to being biased I'd say. He's easily in the top 10 most desired figures. Especially if we don't get a Trunks re-issue.

Back