S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multiple options. One is Kid Buu flatout punching them into two again. Also an idea could be Vegeta losing focus over Kid Buu threatening his family and this is what I had in mind. And then there's the good oldtime issue where they just can't manage to kill Kid Buu before the fusion time runs out.

I think there's plenty of ways there. I think Vegeta deserves to kill a prime enemy out of his atonement, but I can't think of any way for Vegeta to become so strong to kill dabura at the final. Doesn't feel right to me if Vegeta is the prime last hero of the entire series. Either Gohan or Goku has to kill dabura.

I guess you could tranpose them becoming Vegito toward the Dabura fight, but I think people are attached to Vegito fighting an incarnation of Buu. Would be cool though to see Vegito and U Gohan fight Dabura together so, yeah if you wanna transfer Vegito to a later point I'd be fine with that. It does make the kid buu fight a rerun of the super buu fight so I thought them learning fusion to fight kid buu made more sense. aAnd it also makes vegeta's moment more powerful if he achieves alone, what their combined fusion could not.

I feel the plotline as I just described it honours the characters the most, imo. Just my view. And there's a lot of cool fight choreography and fight plots possible. I love the idea of Vegeta and Goku truly fighting an enemy together who is rampaging around for example.

You'd essentially get five main battles: Goku vs Vegeta parallel to Supreme Kai and Gohan versus Dabura trying to free Buu, goku + vegeta against super buu, vegito against kid buu, ssj2 Goku against dabura (with supreme kai assisting maybe) and U gohan against Dabura. + you'd get more cool tournament fights and you'd keep ship 1vs1 fights and the goku vs vegeta fights.

But all of this of course balances on the opinion that Dabura should've been the third last main villain of DBZ. Which I think he should've. Buu would be the 'androids', the 'ginyu force' of the third period.

I actually came around awhile ago, especially when we were shooting all those ideas. The reason why I kept switching back, was because I thought I was being to negative or maybe I was over-thinking things. It's terrible writing! The Cell arc was just so well written and in my opinion, every arc got better, so it's even a bigger shock. I agree with you. Those were the reasons I liked it so much. When you say Gohan's development, are you including Videl? Because if not, I thought Videl is a great character, so I'd include her. There was some good stuff that could have been done with Mr. Satan and parts of it are there, but they had to keep making him into a stupid clown. It was interesting that he was over protective of his daughter and how he had a inferiority complex, but if it was played seriously, that would just be humorous in itself. But the characters were trashed for gags. The art was and choreography of certain scenes was fantastic though. The problem for me is, if you're not invested in the characters or plot, it doesn't mean much.

The jerk stuff had to do with the manga and Japanese version of the anime. That's why I said I only watch the Funimation of the Boo arc. I think they did their best to keep Goku in character and likeable in the Boo arc, but you can't fight the animation. Everything before that is awesome in the manga, so I don't want to deter anyone from that. So, if you still want to know why I thought was a complete jerk in the manga, I'll tell you, but I would rather be ignorant! I don't think it's a problem for you, but to me if I find out about something that messes with a character that the author intended, I respect the author's intentions, so it kind of taints my view on things. That's why I was trying so hard to convince myself otherwise, and went overboard, because the character means a lot to me, so I don't want that think badly about something that inspired me so much. I don't know if that make sense?

@crisis: where did you get those accessories for Link? I was gonna make some myself but might be tempted to buy them if they are available. The bow, boomerang, bomb and hookshot are especially necessary.

I had them commissioned for me, unfortunately all those items aren't available at any retail. So you're better off making your own like you said, or mix & matching items from other figures :/

About Toriyama: only thing I dislike is how he can be very forgetful about some facts of the series he created, such as him forgetting what SSj3 looked like, and other little details here n there. I guess it's certainly forgivable but when it comes to straight up changing stuff like Goku being a small child in full armor when he first arrived on Earth, it just leads us to say "well, now we gotta choose which version of the events to believe, I guess."

You could try asking AnthonysCustoms, I know he has this Link figure and he's a great sculpter. Dunno if he'll be up to make just accessories but hey you can ask.

And yeah it makes sense to me Bane. It's just that no amount of info I can acquire now can taint my childhood memories of DBZ. At the worst I just can't level with other fans about it. Or the creator itself.:lol

Ouch! No chance they'll do another couple of comishes then, eh? I can pull off making a bomb and a boomerang with some luck and patience, but that bow and hookshot definitely won't happen, hahaha oh well.

So are Krillin, Piccolo and Tien doing damage control fighting demons, while Yamcha and Roshi hunts for the Dragon Balls? Roshi is his mentor, so you could have some interesting things between them. I'd like to have Bulma and her parents help the citizens by developing tech, so they can defend themselves. It could look similar to the Tuffle technology, and she could have gotten some ideas from Vegeta, since the Saiyans stole their tech in the war for supremacy. Maybe 18 sticks with her, so that Mrs. Briefs can watch over Marron, while she helps fight in the streets. I would love to see Chi Chi set up an organization or something to help families during the chaos, and see her fighting, because she still is a pretty awesome martial artist! It would be great if Videl got fed up with her egotistical father and leaves to help her, setting up a bond with her future mother in law. Heck Piccolo is an awesome mentor, so maybe later on he can ban citizens together to help fighting,even if it's futile. Mr. Popo and Kami could bring in martial artists to the ROSAT to help fight. I know you can't have it all over the place since it should be focused on the main plot, like you set up, but I don't think you'd want the rest of the cast just thrown under the bus, but you don't want to give them just petty stuff.

I don't know, but I like your ideas! You sir have an amazing memory!

It definitely would be awesome if Dabura let earth be overrun by demons, and you'd basically have goku and vegeta having to fight Super Buu, but also somewhat having to help keep other demons from hurting people. You could definitely have awesome cut scenes where we see the other Z fighters helping with this. I also really love the idea of Dabura fighting different Kais at the same time, you know? The north west east and south Kais and maybe even others. Hell we could see King Yama in action.:rotfl

In this scenario you could get freaking Avengers style battle scenes man. You could also bring in fighters from the undead tournament to help against Demons in the heavens. Maybe the Namekians could even be called to help. Hell you could have the whole north galaxy quadrant at war and in turmoil as Dabura's evil slowly spreads. There's a lot of possibilities if you make Dabura the main antagonist. Although you would get a massive Diablo ripoff but who cares.:lol

But yeah apart from all that, I love the idea of Dabura with Buu as his most powerful Demon. There are plenty of historical tie-ins to be made as to why it's earth that has both the most powerful worriers, as well as Buu stored on it (which is a ridiculous coincidence left unexplained). It would be cool if Buu had been caught by an ancient version of the evil containment wave by much older members of the same school as Roshi and that it was revealed that Dabura tried to manipulate Kami before he split in half and that it was because of him that he had to split into two halves and King Piccolo was born, because Dabura amplified his evil side too much. You could tie the whole thing back to so much DB lore, solely via Dabura, King of Demons.

How awesome would it be if Buu recognises the kamehameha attack from olden times? There could be lore about ancient masters who were far more powerful. Maybe some of those had saiyan blood even!? You could actually tie it back to the legend of the super saiyan even. Just ideas, but the point is that the Buu saga did nothing to tie itself to the dragon ball lore, nor added much to it and that's such a shame with it being the last DBZ period. Buu and Dabura are great characters but they're utilised so freakin poorly.

Ouch! No chance they'll do another couple of comishes then, eh? I can pull off making a bomb and a boomerang with some luck and patience, but that bow and hookshot definitely won't happen, hahaha oh well.

He does commissions but currently he's booked for the next month.. what I can do is as soon as he's available, I'll post his info here so you could contact him. He's really talented. Here's a couple more of what he's made for me, Data Monkey to go with my Mega Man (from the Legends series), an E-Tank to go with my D-Arts X, and miniatures of the characters Musashi & Kojiro from an old Playstation Squaresoft game

securedownload.jpgsecuredownload2.jpg

Those are some cool ideas! I know nothing about Diablo, so it would work for me! Yeah, if Kami lived alone, and was member of the peaceful Namekian race, why would he have all that evil in him? I don't remember him having any anger or resentment. That would be interesting that while he waited for his parents to come, Dabura tried to manipulate him. Maybe he used an early form of his majin control and Kami was able to discard that part of himself. I think you've gone a little mad with the Saiyan blood thing. I'm just kidding! I really appreciated how Gohan was explaining to Videl how their Ki manipulation worked, so I totally dig that stuff. It would be cool to see early martial artists learning to manipulate ki. What if there's a reason why there's so many people that are in the forms of animals? Maybe it was some form of punishment for siding with Dabura, and the descendants suffered for it? There's so many awesome tools to play with thanks to Toriyama's incredible imagination, and I believe he still deserves a lot of credit for these story ideas. He made an incredible universe with great characters, and storyline so compelling.

And if you accept the way the arc played out, I liked the epilogue. I loved how Goku spent time with his family, especially Pan, and then went off to train a Oob, as a hero for the next generation. I liked that he made sure to be responsible for him, since he wished him back and didn't want to force his kids in the hero role, since Gohan was pursuing his scholars and Goten got more accustomed to being part of the rest of the society. He still forced him to train hard, like a good father. He made sure they were well taken care of and he's still going to visit them, until he finishes training. I don't get all the complaining. Goku's one year with his kids, is more than most people ever spend time with their parents. I went to school with kids that their father lived across the country, and was only able to visit them on an occasion. My dad would be gone across the country for weeks for work, and even when he wasn't I'd never see him, since he came home at night, and I was busy too. Normal teens are at school most of the day, and then have sports, clubs, dating, work, friends, or other activities and never get to spend time with their parents really until they settle down and get married, so I don't get the big deal. He's off helping to save the world and there's not much he can do, bug he's still going to be there for them.

Wow those are some pretty nice pieces. My little bro used to play that game all the time. I would greatly appreciate you giving me the info when he's free. Is he using a 3d printer?

Trunks showed up today! I'm very happy with it. I think it looks good with the other figures, and the scale is pretty close. Here's a few quick pictures.

DSCF3442_zpse8f3f47a.jpg
DSCF3443_zps2b860843.jpg
DSCF3446_zps64bc631e.jpg
DSCF3445_zpsc3b910ec.jpg

Yeah, the more I look at it, it is a little big. But I'm not paying the insane prices that Trunks is going for now. If it is ever reissued, I'd pick it up. But for now, this will do. Still happy with the purchase.

Multiple options. One is Kid Buu flatout punching them into two again. Also an idea could be Vegeta losing focus over Kid Buu threatening his family and this is what I had in mind. And then there's the good oldtime issue where they just can't manage to kill Kid Buu before the fusion time runs out.
Again, it would be considered to be a very lame technique if they could be diffused into two just by a strong enough punch. And what fusion technique does Old Kai teach them? The Potara fusion or the 'ballerina' fusion? :lol

Vegeta losing focus due to Kid Buu posing a threat to his family could actually be presented as a catalyst that he decides to go ahead with fusion instead of breaking out of it. I do not mean to challenge your ideas in any way though. :peace

So, if you still want to know why I thought was a complete jerk in the manga, I'll tell you, but I would rather be ignorant! I don't think it's a problem for you, but to me if I find out about something that messes with a character that the author intended, I respect the author's intentions, so it kind of taints my view on things. That's why I was trying so hard to convince myself otherwise, and went overboard, because the character means a lot to me, so I don't want that think badly about something that inspired me so much. I don't know if that make sense?
tumblr_md7kbh91sI1qekveq.jpg

His face looks off though. Vegeta's zero figuarts looks pretty good
:exactly: :exactly:

Hey you can challange myideas, that's fine man!:lol

Gohan punched 18 out of cell, I don't see why a punch that nearly KO's an artificial fusion can't knock thm out of it. It's more logical to me than seperating because you're ingested.. But Vegeta wanting to seperate because h goes into berserk over Buu's actions seems even more logical to me. He's like FU ****rot this isn't working, I'm gonna blow this dude up by myself. And against all odds, he then does. At th cost of his own life.... I dig it.:lol it's like in the normal series but he actually kills Buu, and his strongest form at that.

I thnk the Trunks looks great. He looks bigger because there's no bigger figuarts in the display. Also you can just take him to be post htc trunks and then he's definitely in scale. He does go back to that outfit at the end when he returns home so, I think it looks great.

Sorry to bring bad news but my fears were confirmed, Gokus faces do NOT fit ssj Goku, the pegs are round instead of rectangular.

I cant link the video because im on mobile, but search youtube for figuarts gokou (his japanese box) and watch the video with almost all japanese writing. Theres no sound but it at least shows him in full.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back