S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably from the tamashii webstore, its definitely a legit image in any case. I heard on rangerboard that preorders go up 25th, no release month yet though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Probably from the tamashii webstore, its definitely a legit image in any case. I heard on rangerboard that preorders go up 25th, no release month yet though.

Ah, it def looks legit. Just surprised that the pic wasn't posted on Tamashii's facebook like Krillin's was when we first got wind of the release.

I think bluefin only puts up official pics etc once they have a release date and when preorders open, thats what used to happen anyway, havent been keeping up with their facebook.

So, looking at images of 17 & 18, are their eyes suppose to be triangular, like 18's Figuart, or do they change shape depending on their mood/expression, like 17's less triangular Figuart?

I think when we first see them their eyes are completely blank aka robot like, they dont change much if at all, its not until the fight with Piccolo/Cell that their expressions change to anger and fear, mostly though the eyes are exactly like the figures to give a machine type vibe.

Edit: this is the pic that pose is based on, you can see the blank triangular eyes there:

3154107-5.jpg

Where did you find this image?

I made it up with my awesome photoshop skills, as it's clearly not legit.

Seriously though, CyberGundam (aka Tag Hobby), reported on it first here..

https://www.facebook.com/cybergunda...8250985277178/485055351596738/?type=1&theater

I suggest following him, as well as the various official tamashii facebook pages (Honk Kong & Japan), and also checking myfigurecollection.net in the future. It's pretty easy to find info and confirm if you pay attention to Asian news sources.

..but like Big Deano suggests, it came from here:

https://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0011/b0036/item-1000086118/

We'll know more info once he goes up for sale on the 25th. Possibly the 24th depending on when they add his actual sale page.

How much in advance are PO's usually? Might give a slight indication for the release date...

Ugh why facebook, ugh...just ugh. F Zuckerland, twitter's so much better for news updates (and in second spot a forum).

@ Big D Lol, the figures look better than that picture, awesome haha.

I'm seriously really impressed with 17, he might become one of the best yet depending on accessories and QC. Although his boot will obstruct his forward feet articulation a lot it seems, that's often an annoying issue to me.

You can always watch CyberGundam's site,

https://www.taghobby.com/

There are good people to follow on twitter too of course.

It depends Silrian, it's not an exact system. It doesn't really matter when preorders open. If I had to guess though, I would say between August and October. There is about an average 5 month period between preorders open and release in general. It's not set in stone. Most likely.. I'd peg him as September, but it's hard to say. We'll know very soon.

I think A17 & A18 are the best realizations of the animation yet. Previously I would have said Cell was the best. It seems like the "Androids" really have a magic touch to them.

I think it will be the best yet, not that the other's aren't great, it just has a lot of great detail, tooling, and variation in color. I pre-ordered Goku in October, so that would be 6 months! Regular Vegeta was up in November and came out in May, so 6 months. For Freeza, so pre ordered him in January and it came out July, so 6 months. Android 18 was up in January and is coming out in July, so 6 months.

So 17 might come out in August.

Well, DBZ has seen a bit of delay recently. Which could be related to the lack of media, but who really knows. It's not a hot item like Kamen Rider Gaim, which is being pushed out very fast. However, Goku was delayed. In contrast, look at Android 18. Her preorders opened on Jan. 24 and she'll be out in June- so five months. Which is more normal.

Meh, that means he's at the least half a year away.

Seems pretty certain the exclusive is the only other "new" release we might get this year.:(

Yeah, unfortunately releases per year are been pretty low for Dragon Ball Z- to the point where it's annoying. At least it's slowly increased though. IIRC 2009 was one release, 2010 two releases, 2011 was just SSJ Vegeta (right?), 2012 three releases, 2013 three releases, and so far 2014 three releases. If 17 comes out in August, which is possible, there's a good chance we could get a fourth figure this year. (I'm not counting SDCC & reissues). So that fourth figure could be Kid Buu. Then, if Bluefin is really telling the truth, the SDCC exclusive will be a new figure. Which I think could potentially be anything. Part of me thinks they would do Majin Vegeta as the SDCC exclusive, or maybe if we're lucky and not unlucky, someone like Nappa. Maybe not Nappa, which I think is more unlikely, but someone too minor to risk a regular release on but still important.

Krillin was announced in late May and came out in November, so I still say don't give up hope! Maybe it will be announced in June and come out in December? In any case, I'm looking forward to SDCC. I think they're going to end the year with the poll winner, so maybe Broly. They've done it every year and the Androids weren't on the poll.

I still like the fact the interviewer explicitly mentioned DBZ as a candidate to expand beyond SHF and SHFZero, with which I assume we're talking option packages possibly.

However, unless there's a special occasion, I don't expect a new release for sdcc. I expect a Vegeta. I just don't dare say which version of 'm.

You really think it's still possible to get 17 in August...? I highly doubt it.

Yeah, unfortunately releases per year are been pretty low for Dragon Ball Z- to the point where it's annoying. At least it's slowly increased though. IIRC 2009 was one release, 2010 two releases, 2011 was just SSJ Vegeta (right?), 2012 three releases, 2013 three releases, and so far 2014 three releases. If 17 comes out in August, which is possible, there's a good chance we could get a fourth figure this year. (I'm not counting SDCC & reissues). So that fourth figure could be Kid Buu. Then, if Bluefin is really telling the truth, the SDCC exclusive will be a new figure. Which I think could potentially be anything. Part of me thinks they would do Majin Vegeta as the SDCC exclusive, or maybe if we're lucky and not unlucky, someone like Nappa. Maybe not Nappa, which I think is more unlikely, but someone too minor to risk a regular release on but still important.

Nappa as the SDCC Exclusive would be a nice surprise.

Wait. In 2013 didnt we actually get 4 releases? 3 new releases (scouter vegeta, frieza, and krillin) and one old one (ss goku).

That would mean there is still hope to get a 3rd new release this year after the android twins. Although I don't know how the rereleases of ss goku and piccolo this year might affect that.

I'm guessing it will be a Cell Games saga SS Vegeta. They hinted at a slight retooling and I initially hoped that meant a new torso for a Majin Vegeta but I'd rather not get my hopes up when a second SS Vegeta with new boot tips is much more likely.

@KPman Your behind mate.:) He means NEW releases and a 3rd NEW release in 2014 is about guaranteed, we're definitely seeing 17 this year.

The question is will we get a FOURTH NEW release?:dunno...

At least that's what I meant.

@KPman Your behind mate.:) He means NEW releases and a 3rd NEW release in 2014 is about guaranteed, we're definitely seeing 17 this year.

The question is will we get a FOURTH NEW release?:dunno...

At least that's what I meant.

My mistake - I wasn't counting regular Goku as a new release :D (because he really isn't).

Back