S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would most likely not happen, i can only see 2packs happening only for the very small figures like goten n trunks ( on the poll they were listed as a two pack) so ginyu force would be seperated most likely, dunno what theyd do for goldo though lol

tamashii robot is releasing a 2-pack of Mercurius & Vayeate. and they arnt small figures... :dunno

tamashii robot is releasing a 2-pack of Mercurius & Vayeate. and they arnt small figures... :dunno

Dunno what those are but its good to hear if thats the case lol leaves some room for that possibility lol especially for lesser wanted characters

And unsure if I won't just resell manga Krillin for if/when an anime-color one comes out.
We need to clear this up.
That IS anime Krillin, anime is always darker than the manga.
The problem is that the normal Goku is manga colors (that's why Krillin doesn't match normal Goku).

list:
SSj Goku = anime (remember SSj ki aura brightens their clothes)/manga
SDCC SSj Goku = anime inspired promotional artwork
SSj3 Goku = manga (his skin is dark only in the manga artwork)
Normal Goku = manga
Krillian = anime

We need to clear this up.
That IS anime Krillin, anime is always darker than the manga.
The problem is that the normal Goku is manga colors (that's why Krillin doesn't match normal Goku).

list:
SSj Goku = anime (remember SSj ki aura brightens their clothes)/manga
SDCC SSj Goku = anime inspired promotional artwork
SSj3 Goku = manga (his skin is dark only in the manga artwork)
Normal Goku = manga
Krillian = anime

I feel i need to correct you on some of those; while you are correct about Krillin, the rest are inaccurate:

ssj Goku is manga, nothing else (tamashii themselves said the early figures were manga coloured, not anime)
SDCC Goku is anime, nothing to do with promos
ssj3 Goku is anime, his first appearance in the anime shows his colours like that because he is against the sun
normal Goku is manga for now, but they will change his colours closer to release like they have done with krillin

Trust me on these, when each of these figures came out we already had these discussions lol, i can find the points at which Tamashii took inspiration for each figures colour and mould if you dont believe me lol. Dont take it personal, I just have to correct inaccuracies lol

I feel i need to correct you on some of those; while you are correct about Krillin, the rest are inaccurate
Trust me on these, when each of these figures came out we already had these discussions lol, i can find the points at which Tamashii took inspiration for each figures colour and mould if you dont believe me lol. Dont take it personal, I just have to correct inaccuracies lol
I don't take many things personal :)
But look at these reference pictures and compare them to the figures to see my point.

SSj Goku (anime)
SSj Goku (figure)

SSj Goku (promotional art)
SDCC SSj Goku (figure)

SSj3 Goku (manga)
1 (btw, his ki aura was the cause of the odd shadow/highlight not the sun, you can tell because the shadows pulsate like his ki aura.

SSj3 Goku (figure)
1 I wish I knew why the figure looked nothing close what was advertised.

Last edited:
Here we go then ;)

These are the points at which Tamashii based each figure off:

SDCC Goku
images

SSJ Goku manga
5291164387_d18b30f826_z.jpg

SSJ3 Goku
11740-ssj3_goku_super.jpg

Last time i asked a rep from Tamashii these were the images i got. lets be honest though, anime colours are very inconsistant, i mean, Goku went from that colour when fighting the androids to this in the space of a few minutes:

Goku_vs_android_19.jpg

If Tamashii had stuck with manga colouring for all their figures instead of switching to anime for SDCC Goku and SSJ Vegeta, we would have had more consistant colours, although a more bland hair colour.

Last edited:
Admittedly the anime was very inconsistent.

My point about SSj Goku looking like both the anime and manga is because most of the time (minus some inconsistent episodes) Anime SSj Goku looks the same as he does in the manga. (this is most apparent in the movies)

Even though those pics may have been the source of the inspiration for the figure, they came out looking very different from the source material and more closely resemble what I referenced to.

Well i'd say they got pretty close! regardless, the first three figures in this line (Piccolo, Goku and Gohan) are tagged as being manga versions, and most closely resemble those iterations, while every figure after has been anime based, that comes from Tamashii and bluefin themselves, so no point arguing that point.

For the record though, the promo pic of ssj3 Gokus figure looks nothing like he does IRL lol, he is much uglier, and does indeed resemble that pic i showed!

7744257480_0cfdc26af8_z.jpg

That is a GOOD version of ssj3 goku, most of them have more orange skin!

Well i'd say they got pretty close! regardless, the first three figures in this line (Piccolo, Goku and Gohan) are tagged as being manga versions, and most closely resemble those iterations, while every figure after has been anime based, that comes from Tamashii and bluefin themselves, so no point arguing that point.
Agreed. SSj Goku is just ambiguous though, because he can fit with both manga and anime versions (due to the movies, and the inconsistency of the episodes)

For the record though, the promo pic of ssj3 Gokus figure looks nothing like he does IRL lol, he is much uglier, and does indeed resemble that pic i showed!
I know this first hand, I have SSj3 Goku. I still don't know what went wrong with that one LOL

I posted my pics of the SSj3 Goku I have some months back.

He can, youre right, the only difference because i nitpick is his waist sash and armbands, those are lilac in the anime from the android saga after lol, still dont know why though!

SSJ3 Gokus ugly colour is because they literally tried to copy the shade of the sun in my pic, and shows why doing that can be a bad thing! They tried to make him "glow" but just made him look like he had a fake tan gone wrong!

About SSj3 Goku, the skin color is what throws off the attempt at anime accuracy (four words in a row that begin with "a" wtf?)
The figure is tan/orange skin like the manga.
Manga SSj3 Goku

while the anime is light pale/ pink peach color.
Anime SSj3 Goku

But in retrospect, the figure incidentally combines features of both. Dark shadow on the gi from the anime.
Skin tone and tan from the manga.
Somehow missing the mark on looking good. :(

yeah, they basically took the bad points of both and thought it would look good; THIS version, the proto they showed when he was first shown is damn near perfect IMO.

2dr6jc7.jpg

SSJ3 Gokus ugly colour is because they literally tried to copy the shade of the sun in my pic
Yeah it didn't come across well in plastic.

But again, it wasn't the sun causing the shadow. If you look at the clip where that is taken from you see where the sun is really located.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI[/ame]

It's his Ki Aura :)

EDIT:
yeah, they basically took the bad points of both and thought it would look good; THIS version, the proto they showed when he was first shown is damn near perfect IMO.

2dr6jc7.jpg
Yes I would like those colors!!!!

Some of the sentai figuarts are being released as two packs aswell, so its entirely possible!

Nice!:clap In any case, it's simple for me: I'm interested in the Namek and Android spans of the series. I'll consider buying a select few of the tournament saga and beyond but not many, if at all. I notice on boards like this that the Buu period is quite popular, but the events up to and including Cell are really what define DBZ to me (just my personal experience, feel free to feel differently).

If more namek characters get made besides Frieza I think I will remove the lower armor parts of scouter Vegeta to have Namek Vegeta.

Back