S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gohan's transformation was always unique as SSJ2 when he was a kid, but it really doesnt get longer for anyone else or him when he's older, just look at his ssj2 when he's an adult. The length stays the same and his hair just get's spikier.

Again no, watch when he transforms and his hair goes from short to long.

And...

pFCDDtX.jpg

lr2c6C5.jpg

Again no, watch when he transforms and his hair goes from short to long.

And...

pFCDDtX.jpg

lr2c6C5.jpg

youre really stuck on that lol i still disagree

https://youtu.be/c4Yg3iFZT4A?t=2m26s

an example from the second broly movie, which has more consistent animation throughout the feature since it's a movie. He reverts from ssj2 to base and all that happens is his hair goes from spiky and frayed out to more condensed, like a flower blooming but in reverse.

and if you want accuracy we gotta go manga

gohan ssj 1 manga.jpg

gohan ssj2.jpg

darn thought the manga screen would be bigger, but it's the same angle, and no length changes

but i mean if you still think it gets longer and i still disagree after this, it is what it is, you cant change my mind and i cant change yours. We'll just have to agree to disagree and respect that of each other.

Correct, as to Goku anyway. It's also quite confusing since SS2 90% of the time was never drawn right in the Anime. Gohan as a kid had the most consistency.

Whether you want to buy into a fan run Wikia, but even that page states SS2 gets slightly longer as well.

The Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight contradicts that Snake, hence why I used them as my argument. You clearly see at the start of that fight both of them transform from ssj to ssj2 and all that happens is spikier, more stand up hair.

At this point it really doesn't matter though; Toriyama was inconsistent with the design of ssj2 at any rate, plus Tamashii likely won't ever bother with the form, we seen that with Majin Vegeta's figure.

Edit: Sorry snake, didn't see you had replied already pretty much saying what I did haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That fight is the biggest reason as to why the Anime is wrong. A lot of the time in the Buu saga, SS2 looks shorter than SS1...

What is Tamashii waiting on before officially announcing Majin Vegeta? His prototype has been shown for the past 6 months with not much altered designs other than the hands and the veins on his body. The prototype itself is still in the very early stages of a prototype too. Not that I think Tamashii is holding off on it by redesigning the hair mold but what could they be waiting for?

Who knows. Just think about how many figures we've seen over the years that are still waiting behind that one. Super Buus, SS4 Goku... look how long it took Nappa to come out.

I think those are different though since they were never brought and displayed to events as consistently as Majin Vegeta has been. Super Saiyan God Goku, Shenron, Kid Goku, and Goku Black have all been given release dates and they were displayed either at the same time or after Majin Vegeta. I'm waiting for Final Form Frieza Premium Color/1.5/2.0 to be announced on the Shonen Jump Calendar come November 1st. It just seems that Tamashii is holding Majin Vegeta back for a purpose and I'm curious what that purpose might be.

i like it

where i can get this piece part?

It's currently a Work in Progress but the customizer's name is Tony Mei. He has Instagram and Facebook if you'd like me to attach his sites.

Edited: Another Goku release with this body mold isn't that far from being released but it might be Dragon Ball Super attire with the kanji symbols.

There are some pretty good official artworks from SSJ2 Goku that I like to use as a base, but I can't find them now, they are from Majin Boo arc.

As all of you agree, there is a lot of inconsistency on the anime and we can't compare it to Gohan's hair. I like to think that SSJ2 brings spikier, thinner and longer hair.

My point is that the custom SSJ2 hair we were talking about would look weird if he made it longer than that. There are a few changes I'd make on it though. But this one will do it until Bandai wake up and release the official one.

furNNiEl.jpg

I always thought that SS2 made their hair slightly longer... Their hair gets super long with SS3, so IMO it's not out of the realm of possibility and it would make sense that SS2 would also have some growth.

That being said, there is some art where Goku in SS2 looks amazing, then other's not so much. If there is growth, it's not enough to be certain without any official word on the subject since (like was stated) the art is inconsistent. Still, I want an SS2 Goku.

It may actually get physically longer or the hair itself just points itself up as far as possible giving the appearance of longer hair. Either way the hair is supposed to look longer. It sure as hell isn’t supposed to be shorter. DasMuse brings up a good point about SSJ3 so it actually probably does grow a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always looked to me that hair gets longer as far back as SS1. And again, with inconsistency with artists, SS2 has by and large has been botched in all media. I mentioned how it's completely bungled in the Buu saga, since much of the time it looks even shorter than SS1.

I would say SS2 in terms of canon, should be in the neighborhood of being half way to USSJ.

This conversation reminds me of the Super Saiyan Rose 2 Fan art from deviantart that I have in my desktop wallpaper reel... Casual fans may not notice a difference, but I always felt there was something almost menacing looking about SS2 (even before this picture)

goku_black_super_saiyan_rose_2_by_aashan-dbk4gfe.png

Back