S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Scouter 2.0 seems like a lesson that simply adding the new articulation to a design isnt always the best way to go. Scouter 2.0 is a mish-mash of super Vegeta, Trunks and scouter 1.0 parts, and unfortunately, it shows pretty badly. Tamashii really needs to start balancing the articulation with paint detail and actual design thought again, this "all in 2.0" mentality isnt working, they are sacrificing part of what made these figures so great to use this new articulation.

I would review it, but for the first time ever nippon yasan is having trouble with shipments! Still hasnt been shipped since release, and has sat in prep for the past week... -_-

Hey Deano, I'm having trouble with Nippon-Yasan as well. Is there something going on with international shipping in Japan?

I usually order EMS through them, but on a recent transaction I went with International SAL. My shipment "shipped" from Nippon-Yasan on July 7th, but according to JP Post tracking number has sat at Osaka International since July 12th...

I've reached out to them for help but they've asked me to "wait a little longer". So I'll give it to about August 12th, but that's still ridiculous that my shipment hasn't moved from Japan already.

What's the background on your issue with them?

Last edited:
You have problems with them ? :/ they're always punctual with me

I don't think it's so much with them, more so with the Japanese Shipping or whatever (JP Post). I usually always order EMS, but on this specific order I did International SAL. It's been taking close to a month and no movement on my order according to the tracking number since July 12th.

They're my best form of contact between me and the Japanese Post Office. I believe the International SAL also covers Insurance, so if my order is lost...then I'd at least like my money back.

SAL from AmiAmi is shipping normally. I have one order from them and Nippon at around the same time and that was the 28th of July.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SAL from AmiAmi is shipping normally. I have one order from them and Nippon at around the same time and that was the 28th of July.

Sure you're not shipping by ferry cuz last time I did that, it took two months to deliver.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sure you're not shipping by ferry cuz last time I did that, it took two months to deliver.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I shipped both as SAL Registered. (Nippon has a plane icon.) Both were accepted and processed through facility at Tokyo International the same day. AmiAmi just processed through facility at New York.

I thought it was just me but I'm still waiting for a figure from Nippon Yasan too. It's been over a month which is highly unusual. I've been too busy to delve further into it but I got to make time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Scouter Vegeta 2.0 review]

:dunno

I'm gonna say it, a lot of you won't agree, whatever, I think overall the line is declining in quality.
Spoiler Spoiler:

TL;DR for most of ya'll I assume.

I don't know, it's obviously personal preference, but I liked the elegance the earlier figures had even if it was a little stylized and had its flaws that could've been remedied without making new mistakes. These remain the best DBZ figures I know easily but at the same time, considering how slow this line is, every new improvement that doesn't actually 'improve' is just a bummer.

@ Adeno A similar thing happened to me, when I ordered Kaioken Goku. I contacted them numerous times until they finally charged me additional shipping costs. After that it didn't take them very long to ship the item but it was annoying nonetheless, especially because I payed for EMS.

Guess I was wrong:rotfl 17 not even flinching due to his infinite stamina

BASED 17! Lmao, during that transformation I was like please someone just smash these people, and I can't believe 17 of all people just smacked them. I hope Frieza knocks one of these goofy idiots off. But it's awesome as hell how badass 17 is. It's settled, I really want DBS 17 and 18 figuarts. I want this tournament line-up.

Also, was anyone else like 'Yeah that attack is called fury cutter'?:lol

Btw we finally saw the two last warriors of U6, on that display and they're Namekians! Really curious who they are, they haven't shown up at all yet.

I'm gonna say it, a lot of you won't agree, whatever, I think overall the line is declining in quality.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know, it's obviously personal preference, but I liked the elegance the earlier figures had even if it was a little stylized and had its flaws that could've been remedied without making new mistakes. These remain the best DBZ figures I know easily but at the same time, considering how slow this line is, every new improvement that doesn't actually 'improve' is just a bummer.

You bring up some excellent points Silrian, and naturally this line is going to draw comparisons when you "redo" past figures. I think there are pros and cons to each side and some of them do line up to personal preference, namely the sculpts. Unquestionably the paint applications on the older figures were way better, but they also suffered from quality issues like the loose joints. While on the newer figures like Scouter Vegeta, they make weird paint shading decisions like a dark spot on his crotch? WTF Tamashii? I hope some asks Adam Newman about this at the next event.

It's honestly a matter of preference and how some of these decisions pan out. We're getting to a point where we're paying more for these figures and it's looking like $50-$60 might become the new price-point and if Tamashii fails to deliver, then they could lose out on sales.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed. SSB Goku is trash with that awful little hair sculpt and the paint doesn't match Vegeta's. Scouter Vegeta and Nappa have paint apps done by Jakks. SSG Goku looked great... and then they give him the wrong sized body. There's more misses than hits lately.

You bring up some excellent points Silrian, and naturally this line is going to draw comparisons when you "redo" past figures. I think there are pros and cons to each side and some of them do line up to personal preference, namely the sculpts. Unquestionably the paint applications on the older figures were way better, but they also suffered from quality issues like the loose joints. While on the newer figures like Scouter Vegeta, they make weird paint shading decisions like a dark spot on his crotch? WTF Tamashii? I hope some asks Adam Newman about this at the next event.

They have access to facebook and forums like everybody else. All the feedback they can imagine in just a couple of clicks. But they didn't care when a lot of people pointed that A16 or Nappa was too short, blue tone/crossed arms for SSB Vegeta, Mystic Gohan's faces, Perfect Cell's skin tone and so many others things. And they won't care reading a lot of comments complaining about Majin Vegeta's hair, neither Gotenks' proportions, nor kid goku's giant head, wrong sized body for SSG goku... And all of this much months before the release of each figure. They simply DON'T CARE.

It's honestly a matter of preference and how some of these decisions pan out. We're getting to a point where we're paying more for these figures and it's looking like $50-$60 might become the new price-point and if Tamashii fails to deliver, then they could lose out on sales.

Totally agree. In a line of almost 8 years old, it's time for bugs to be minimized and have once and for all some high quality standards according the price we pay...

holy crap you guys are really ripping into the line haha I do agree there's been some questionable decisions but i dont think it's nearly as bad as you guys make it sound, although i do respectfully see and understand your opinions.

Here's how i see it, it's a bit long but thanks to anyone willing to read it! :

Spoiler Spoiler:

All of yous guys bring up valid points. Despite my criticisms which have been documented as well, I will continue to support this line, in hopes of receiving characters that otherwise never had a figure, or are considered niche by the fans such as Yamcha. Dunno if I'll support that 2.0 Vegeta though. AnthonysCustoms perfectly summed that figure up in one word, it looks "unfinished"

Many people forget that at one point this line was flat out cancelled. Tamashii had totally lost faith in the DBZ license once upon a time. In that sense we have become a bit spoiled, otherwise we would only have Piccoro, SS Vegeta & Goku in our collections and that's it. They would've left us wondering "why the hell didn't they make more of these?" Even when the quality dips, we are still hella lucky to even have such a large selection of characters at this point in the game. If the 2.0's dont meet their sales expectations, then it's very possible their business strategy will change & the future of the DBZ line will be in jeopardy once again. Just something to consider

I'll continue to support it too, but there is some nonsensical creative choices in there. Majin Vegeta looks ace so that's all that matters to me right now.

Back