S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What good is that going to do us? It's already well known that prototypes will be better than the final product. It's expected.

Hopefully Tamashii Nations starts the energy effects from scratch. Here's a photo of the survey from last weekend that may hint at it...
5c907b520a7392b069abeb165c95bb6b.jpg

Only time I'll vote for 6" $20 Dragonball toy from Figuarts is if it means they'll decrease the prices on future Figuarts Dragonball toys while retaining the quality we love lol! :D Of course that's probably not gonna happen especially since we keep buying their $40 to $60 toys already.

But what if we're currently in some magical world where that's what they actually mean... "Hey guys, we are lowering our prices for all Figuarts Dragonball toys to just $20, even Nappa!" lol!

They'll get to Buu eventually...the problem is that I don't think they anticipate him selling well outside of the collector-base and he'll likely be a web exclusive in Japan.

I'd argue we need a Frieza 2.0 as well. While the old figure holds up well, I feel the headsculpt is one of its weaker points.

On top of that, they have to carefully "place" the character releases based on quarters and the subsequent follow-up's to maximize profits. It is a business after all.

They could very well release a Buu with an updated Vegetto 2.0. I can foresee Tamashii redoing some of the previous Goku body mold figures now that they have a new body for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of Buu prototype by the time the 10th Anniversary World Tour is over. Since Kid Buu was in Figuarts Zero and Super Buu was in Figuarts Zero Ex, they could be saving Fat Buu for the S.H.Figuarts. I'm very interested to see how they design him.

Any supporting characters that aren't Goku, Vegeta, or Trunks will more than likely be released as a Web Exclusive. They've proven to be Tamashii Nation's best sellers so the likelihood is we'll have at least 1 release from 2 out of the 3 characters every year.

More interesting is if they'll ever be able to do Fat Buu.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I can see them doing a Krillin 2.0, but only if he's in his Saiyan Saga outfit and comes out at the same time as Saiyan Saga Gohan or something.

As for Buu, I'd expect him soon with this SSJ3 Goku, Imma say we'll see some kind of prototype at SDCC at least.

Haven't been following the thread too much but it's nice to see Majin Vegeta FINALLY getting done. Now, give us SSJ2 Goku.

Buu is a given and probably by the end of the year we'll see a prototype at a minimum. It'll probably be Kid Buu but I'd love Super Buu more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caulifa made her debut on Dragon Ball Super Saturday* night. I'm hoping to see big things from that character.

More interesting is if they'll ever be able to do Fat Buu.

I don't see why not. He's going to be a big figure and they've done amazingly well with Broly and Nappa. Plastic cape. They'll have no problems with the head molds, I can see it being similar to the TMNT figures. The torso I can see being similar to Champa's prototype. The challenge is the leg articulation. Maybe if they somehow enlarge the new Goku hip articulation, it'll allow for really good movement while also hiding the joints.

I can see them doing a Krillin 2.0, but only if he's in his Saiyan Saga outfit and comes out at the same time as Saiyan Saga Gohan or something.

As for Buu, I'd expect him soon with this SSJ3 Goku, Imma say we'll see some kind of prototype at SDCC at least.

Luckily for Tamashii Nations, Krillin's Saiyan Saga attire is the same as Resurrection F and Tournament of Power. They can either pair him up with Resurrection F Gohan or Tournament of Power Android 18.

Haven't been following the thread too much but it's nice to see Majin Vegeta FINALLY getting done. Now, give us SSJ2 Goku.

Finally revealed and done so amazingly well. I still can't get over how unbelievable it was in person. I barely focused on other stuff the entire 1st day.

Oh I remember that episode where Goku met up with Ariel or whatever the little robot girl's name is :D Figma Goro Inogashira body, didn't know the head could fit there haha :)

So, this is my first year collecting this line, and I was wondering about how long before SDCC do they announce the exclusive?

I tried to look up when Broly was announced, and it looked like it was roughly a month before SDCC.

Also, what do you guys think it will be? I'm excited to see, though I guess it could just me the Kaioken Goku... but I'm hoping for something different and awesome. Maybe one of the new 2.0 figures. :D

Or maybe they go back and milk one of the two old molds that's haven't gotten the premium color or 2.0 treatment. Would be cool to see a Frieza or a Krillin.

We never hope for a new figure to be the SDCC exclusive. Sure it sounds like a good idea, but the price of SDCC figures in recent years has shot through the roof, so the most likely scenario is you end up with a new figure that not many people can afford to own.

SDCC is usually hoped to be a repaint or slight retool of an existing figure, something we don't need but would be cool to have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Deano is spot on. The meaning behind the SDCC Exclusives should stay within the limit of their exclusivity. It would benefit neither Tamashii Nations, who would lose out on potential profit, or the collectors, who have been supporting this line, to release a brand new figure as the SDCC Exclusive.

I do believe Tamashii Nations will create some sort of balance at some point though. Tamashii Nations released a Saiyan Saga Kaio-ken Goku Figuarts Zero that I see being released in S.H.Figuarts form at some time to counter the current World Tour Event Saiyan Saga Kaio-ken Goku. (If it is indeed the SDCC Exclusive.) Similar to the 2015 SDCC Exclusive of Frieza Saga Goku, Tamashii Nations released Super Warrior Awakening Goku that could be seen as an alternative for collectors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bardoon has been mentioning Kaio-ken Goku as the SDCC 2017 Exclusive, which could very well be true, so it would be a pre-sale for that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back