S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Shenron look shorter in length, almost as if they are testing the water to see what we would be willing to buy without breaking the bank...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got there 8:30 and was in line for two hours when they said they sold out of Goku. They should've limited it to one per customer. People must've camped out last night.

I got there 8:30 and was in line for two hours when they said they sold out of Goku. They should've limited it to one per customer. People must've camped out last night.

My cousin got there at 6:30 on Saturday and they sold out at 10:30. He was like the 50th person in line so I don't think people camped out, at least not the first day. For these events you gotta show up at least a couple hours early in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The line was huge but still they should've limited it to one per customer. It makes no sense with so many people there.

Shenron is a smaller scaled version compared to the older one but, similar to what Deano mentioned, this actually looks as if it would come from Tamashii Nation's MonsterArts line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is it the majin vegeta I drew a while back? Lol
Dude, it looks practically IDENTICAL to your drawing and I love it. Check out the side by side I whipped up. I can NOT wait for this thing to drop.
Majin Vegeta - Drawing vs Figure.jpg

The more I look at SSGod Goku the more I wish they woulda stuck with the prototype mold instead. It just looks way more accurate & unique to me
I agree with this 9001%. SSG needs to have a slimmer body. The new one is disappointingly inaccurate. Granted, they can't go with the original prototype now because of what seems to be an unspoken agreement that there will be no more use of the old articulation but it absolutely needs to be slimmed down. The face on the old proto was definitely better. Maybe not the color of the hair so much but the shape of the face and eyes on the proto were superior. Even the boots on the proto looked better. Basically everything about the old proto besides the old articulation and the hair color are better than the new proto. I hope they quickly threw that one together for the show and it doesn't get released like that. I think the orange is a bit too light on both figures but the newer one appears to have shading.

wow all these new protos are awesome! i kind of like the old coloring on the kid goku more (although i wish it was his original blue/indigo outfit instead). Also i agree i like the proportions and styling of the original SSG goku, hopefully theyll fix that down the line, there's still plenty of time. Was also hoping that majin vegeta would be a battle damaged release and then we would have an undamaged buu saga vegeta, but we'll see, they could still do that later on. I knew they would reuse vegeta parts as much as they can, but either that majin vegeta still looks awesome. Im betting that the new goku 2.0 body will see an SSB release, the 2.0 goku army is coming! Also, i agree that the sheen on the SSJ 3 goku is perfect, i hope the final product comes out at least close to that!

I have to say I hope they release this "clean" version of Majin Vegeta first and a battle damaged one later. The clean one will be perfect for headswaps with the new Super Vegeta and the soon-to-be-released Saiyan Saga Vegeta heads so bamf! The (hopefully) inevitable battle damaged version is the one that needs the 9,999 different faces, maybe if the clean one sells REALLY well the battle damaged one will come with at LEAST 6 faces. I will probably get 5 or 6 of the clean version. I can dream right?

Yamcha - Loving the serious face and great how we've got a long hair version out there. I don't think he'll have that long hair included with the Yamcha we've been seeing up until now as he'll probably be a separate Saiyan Saga release rather than an all in one figure.
Tien - The torso looks fantastic and everything else looks stellar like before. I also think he'll have a separate release as well. I was thinking the Saiyan Saga version comes with a fixed Chiaotzu in this pose while a Cell Saga version has a standard pose/figure.

I really doubt we'll get a second release of Yamcha. I think we'll be lucky to get just one. Maybe he'll come with 2 hair pieces that work with the same interchangeable faces? Tien looks perfect. Like Yamcha, I don't think he'll get a second release with the half shirt though. Well... maybe as a con exclusive.

Everybody enjoys Capitalism...

Danny LeBlanc Instagram “#shf #shfiguarts #goku #songokukaiohken #figuresforsale #toysforsale”

For real that drawing was spot on. It's actually very possible that they saw that drawing and used that create this Vegeta [emoji848]

I really doubt we'll get a second release of Yamcha. I think we'll be lucky to get just one. Maybe he'll come with 2 hair pieces that work with the same interchangeable faces? Tien looks perfect. Like Yamcha, I don't think he'll get a second release with the half shirt though. Well... maybe as a con exclusive.

It would benefit us to have separate releases so we could end up getting more faces. Also the price would be cheaper for those of us looking to display both versions. I mean I can see them going with an all in one Yamcha and Tien but knowing them I think they'd wanna squeeze the most they can out of these figures. I actually think both of them will sell very well so separate releases might not be so farfetched. I think even casual fans would want them if only to compete this iconic pose

2e2c897047ec062bb14a0759bf930d67.jpg

I almost 'bought it now' for a Kaioken goku at $200 shipped because it was the lowest I've seen since they started showing up on ebay... Then I had to slap myself out of it because that's just an asinine price, regardless of how much I'd like to have it.

It's an aggravating time to be a collector of toys... I know it's nothing new, but the fact that a new limited collectible hits the streets is now primarily seen as an opportunity to make money off collectors is abhorrent to me... These people take the time out of their day to wait in lines in places they don't care about to buy $h!t that means nothing to them, all to make a profit, while the real collectors are forced to miss out because they have actual jobs and don't always have the time to be where they need to be to get a limited item... Its disgusting.

I was told once that a guy who flips toys does it because it's his only means of income. I honestly don't care how mean it is, I hope people like that die in a fire after watching their loved ones die in the same fire. Get a real job, you goddamn losers. I know it's doubtful, but if there is anyone on this forum that does this. I wish you nothing but the absolute worst because in my eyes, you're nothing but a POS.

I'm so sick of scalpers ****ing with nearly every hobby of mine. (Including music concerts). The worst part about it is that there is literally not a damn thing anyone can do about it besides the manufacturer making so many that flipping isn't lucrative. But then collecting becomes less fun.

/rant... Sorry about that. I needed to vent.

Last edited:
I almost 'bought it now' for a Kaioken goku at $200 shipped because it was the lowest I've seen since they started showing up on ebay... Then I had to slap myself out of it because that's just an asinine price, regardless of how much I'd like to have it.

It's an aggravating time to be a collector of toys... I know it's nothing new, but the fact that a new limited collectible hits the streets is now primarily seen as an opportunity to make money off collectors is abhorrent to me... These people take the time out of their day to wait in lines in places they don't care about to buy $h!t that means nothing to them, all to make a profit, while the real collectors are forced to miss out because they have actual jobs and don't always have the time to be where they need to be to get a limited item... Its disgusting.

I was told once that a guy who flips toys does it because it's his only means of income. I honestly don't care how mean it is, I hope people like that die in a fire after watching their loved ones die in the same fire. Get a real job, you goddamn losers. I know it's doubtful, but if there is anyone on this forum that does this. I wish you nothing but the absolute worst because in my eyes, you're nothing but a POS.

I'm so sick of scalpers ****ing with nearly every hobby of mine. (Including music concerts). The worst part about it is that there is literally not a damn thing anyone can do about it besides the manufacturer making so many that flipping isn't lucrative. But then collecting becomes less fun.

/rant... Sorry about that. I needed to vent.

I feel you man, I had my fiances cousin go both days and she wasn't able to get one for me.... I'm so pissed about it. No way I'm giving in to paying 200+ for a 5 inch figure when I can get 1/6 scale stuff for that price.

And butt cancer.

I feel you man, I had my fiances cousin go both days and she wasn't able to get one for me.... I'm so pissed about it. No way I'm giving in to paying 200+ for a 5 inch figure when I can get 1/6 scale stuff for that price.

Yeah, it pisses me off too. I wanna get one in the worst way, but cant justify paying $200+ for a repaint. God, I can only imagine what the sdcc exclusives are gonna cost from this point on.

These people are just straight up scalping and I agree with all of the people here that think they are the butt cancer of the toy collecting community.
Watch the price drop in about a month or so when they have it at SDCC and NYCC. The last Goku that they did this with was down to about $90-110 at that time when the Gringoku was going for $400+.

seems scalpers always find a way despite purchase limits, i'll be passing on this as well despite how badly i want it. I will gladly pick it up at SDCC if it's there though, and if not, oh well, I'm better off buying the decals online and putting them on a goku body i already have tbh lol

The price will likely drop within the coming months since it'll be flooded on eBay and also it'll be sold at the rest of the World Tour events too. I think it'll settle somewhere between $100-$150. Patience is key. Right after the event is the worst time to buy it.

Like Pro says, prices will drop. But never to it's original sale prices. Im guessing right after the event the prices will increase just a little and then drop in the hundreds. I'm making this hypothesis based on previous events. At the end of the day we will all get sculpted unless you pass on this release.

Just keep an eye out. I managed to grab a decently priced one on eBay just now. Seller had them Up for $200 obo. I offered $150 and after talking with the guy he let me have it for that (thanks if you read this btw). Also eBay had a flash sale on, so I got $15 off $75 or more order. So I came out at $135.00. Which is about what I was expecting to pay.

Good job! That's the most I'd be willing to pay for an "exclusive" $100-120 max. Since it's going to be available at more events, most likely it will drop in price. It looks like there are plenty of them right now on eBay and more quantity are showing up as the days go by.

FYI, Cell saga Trunks is $32.39 in Amazon right now.

Back