S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only chance we have at seeing decent-good quality Bulma/Videl/ChiChi/A18 figures is if Figma makes them. Every other character just keeps getting made over & over again

I'm not really jonesing for a SHF Chichi or Videl necessarily, but I'd like to see what a SHF Bulma would look like, especially since they have so many looks to choose from

Think these American dbs figures will make its way to Japan?

They're from Bandai America so I would assume not but I'm not familiar with their distribution.

Edited:
The only chance we have at seeing decent-good quality Bulma/Videl/ChiChi/A18 figures is if Figma makes them. Every other character just keeps getting made over & over again

I'm not really jonesing for a SHF Chichi or Videl necessarily, but I'd like to see what a SHF Bulma would look like, especially since they have so many looks to choose from

I would argue that we already have a good quality Android 18 release but Tamashii Nations has quite a few female releases in other lines. They should give you a general idea on how either of the other female characters you mentioned would be designed and put together.

They're from Bandai America so I would assume not but I'm not familiar with their distribution.

Edited:

I would argue that we already have a good quality Android 18 release but Tamashii Nations has quite a few female releases in other lines. They should give you a general idea on how either of the other female characters you mentioned would be designed and put together.
I have a feeling Japanese fans will get it second hand thru mandarake or something. I'll only buy these to form Shenron.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Damn. I missed a bit in the last few days... I'm super glad that Kaioken Goku wasn't just a custom one off. Was it announced when they'll start selling them?

Damn. I missed a bit in the last few days... I'm super glad that Kaioken Goku wasn't just a custom one off. Was it announced when they'll start selling them?
They'll only be available for purchase at Tamashii Nations World Tour stops. Most likely very limited.

Given Tamashii's track record, there is also a possibility that the Kaioken Goku could still become the Con Exclusive. Much like Namek Goku first popped up in Mexico and then showed up as the SDCC Exclusive with new packaging. They could easily do Kaioken Goku in SDCC packaging.

In the past 6 months, I would say that Tamashii Nations has shocked quite a lot of us with reveals such as Tien, Yamcha, and Nappa.

Can anybody name 1 - 3 reveals/updates that would truly shock you at this point? Characters/designs that you either didn't expect anytime soon or never thought were popular enough to be considered by Tamashii Nations?

In the past 6 months, I would say that Tamashii Nations has shocked quite a lot of us with reveals such as Tien, Yamcha, and Nappa.

Can anybody name 1 - 3 reveals/updates that would truly shock you at this point? Characters/designs that you either didn't expect anytime soon or never thought were popular enough to be considered by Tamashii Nations?

I'd be surprised if we see a 2-pack Goten & Trunks (with normal and super saiyan faces/hair pieces) but it would be awesome to have those in scale and articulated, they're barely shorter than Krillin so it shouldn't be too much of an issue but we'll see. Would also be surprised to get a Gogeta figure even though he's very popular, and it would be pretty much a retooling of Goku mold but it almost seems like they want to forget that character ever existed...

And since we're on the topic of Fusion, I'd be -shocked- to see a final form Janemba figure, or equally shocked to see a Cooler figure. It seems like the only movie character important enough is Broly as always, even though other lines in the past have also released Janemba, Gogeta and Cooler so who knows.

Still, we just got Tien, Yamcha and Nappa announced, on top of completely unexpected releases like Time Patroller Trunks and the other dude from Xenoverse so you never know what could be coming..

As far as characters that would shock me that I would actually want, it's have to be the following:

Saibamen - Although they would go well with Vegeta and Nappers, I don't ever think we'll actually get them. Just not something I ever see Tamashii actually doing so that would be a wonderful shocking surprise.

Final Form Cooler - Although it's probably his most iconic form, if we ever get a Cooler, it'll probably be his Fourth Form if only due to his smaller size.

Omega Shenron - With Super in the spotlight, I don't know what their plans are for GT releases. I still think at a minimum we'll get SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta within the next few years but that may be all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing a finalized SSJ4 Goku prototype WITH a release date would be shocking!

I think everyone would also go bonkers for SSJ2 Goku and Buu saga/Majin Vegeta. I don't think we'll get a newer Goku until they release the new SSJ3 one this Fall/Winter.

An accessory pack with various ki effects and objects (like the Dragon radar or Nimbus Cloud) would be nice, I also think it'd get everyone excited as well.

Future Capsule Corps Trunks 2.0 paired with Mecha-Frieza would be epic. It's a good way to cash in on Frieza again in one of his rare, but popular, forms.

Raditz.

Basically, stop trolling us Tamashii!

They are working on more ki blast damage effects

IMG_3030.JPG

Raditz is my most desired figure from this line right now. Nappa was close, but thankfully we are finally getting him.

Would love a Mecha Frieza and agree with Bardoon that he would go along nicely with a Trunks 2.0. Although in some ways I almost want a 100% Frieza more. I like my original Frieza less and less and don't think he holds up well or is a great representation of Frieza. He just seems too small and flimsy.

Raditz is my most desired figure from this line right now. Nappa was close, but thankfully we are finally getting him.

Would love a Mecha Frieza and agree with Bardoon that he would go along nicely with a Trunks 2.0. Although in some ways I almost want a 100% Frieza more. I like my original Frieza less and less and don't think he holds up well or is a great representation of Frieza. He just seems too small and flimsy.

Good point there...why not a *NEW*Final form Frieza 2.0 to go with the Super Warrior Awakening Goku? The old sculpt doesn't really hold up to what Tamashii has been doing now.

They could even do a Full Power Battle-Damage version much like the Figuarts ZERO figurine they released a while back.

That dude's been waiting 6 years for Yamcha? lmao that just goes to show even the unpopular characters has their fans. GT lovers, speak up! i never understood the "i dislike GT therefore it deserves no attention from anyone" mentality some fans have

I remember seeing a fan on a popular forum years & years ago defend Dodoria as his favorite DBZ character. Yes, DODORIA. Everyone deserves a shot :wink1:

@Runnen - Kid Trunks and Goten would be great announcements now that the Dragon Ball Z Buu Saga Kai is airing on Toonami. Gotenks was very pleasing to see, can't believe I forgot him in my original post, and hopefully that means Kid Trunks and Goten have also been worked on. Tamashii Nations seems to have used "Teen" Gohan for the younger demographic of the market but Kid Trunks and Goten would be the perfect characters to release for that specific market.

Gogeta would be great to see! (Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta for me, especially!) He's certainly in the Top 5 "non-canon" characters and Gogeta won't be all that new for the designers since Tamashii Nations has worked on Gotenks.

@Prodigy1367 - Saibamen would be very easy for Tamashii Nations to produce but, similar to what you mentioned, there just doesn't seem to be enough demand for them. Although, if anything were to come in a multi-pack for the Dragon Ball Z line, Saibamen would be at the top of that list.

Omega Shenron is honestly one of my choices, as well. Specifically surprising for the reason of his design of his spikes. Although, given the softer plastic that's been used for the Star Wars line, I think it's becoming more possible. He'd be an absolute beast of a figure!

@Bardoon - Tamashii Nations does seem to have a lot of interest in Super Saiyan 4 Goku. As much as I enjoy the other designs and would like to see them all released at some point, Super Saiyan 4 Goku being announced as the next Goku release would be outstanding. He hasn't had a large production release since November 2015. Tamashii Nations definitely heard the outcry from the collectors about having too many Goku releases so I'm hoping, with this break in-between releases, they have something very special for us as his next release.

Future Trunks 2.0 seems possible now that the majority of the Time Patroller is a very similar design. The only problem with that though is that it would be a taller, older Future Trunks such as when he went back to his future to destroy the Androids. Either that or a Dragon Ball Super Future Trunks.

@Yu Yu Hackersho/Bardoon - 100% Frieza would go perfectly with Super Warrior Awakening Goku. The original Final Form Frieza reminds me of the artistic style when he first appeared so I do feel his figure is a good representation of that but I actually prefer the newest artistic style that was recently shown in Resurrection F. With 100% Frieza, Figure-rise Standard is a very good designed action figure/model kit for Tamashii Nations to follow.

Raditz is long overdue. I know somebody keeps mentioning this but he was THE first villain of Dragon Ball Z.

@RKenshinH - That is a lot of surprises. :lol I do like a lot of those choices though. I REALLY want to see Bardock but also Super Saiyan Bardock. I don't care if that transformation isn't canon but it would be so easy! Tamashii Nations already has the Super Saiyan Goku hair mold and all they would need to do is repaint the normal faces and make one or two newer faces.

@Runnen/Prodigy1367/RKenshinH - It amazes me to see how many Janemba and Cooler fans there are in this forum. They're awesome designs and, for non-canon characters, I'm glad to see that they have a vocal fanbase.

Still, we just got Tien, Yamcha and Nappa announced, on top of completely unexpected releases like Time Patroller Trunks and the other dude from Xenoverse so you never know what could be coming..

That is precisely how I'm feeling about the Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts line and I think this will be one of the best moments for all collectors to look back at as the "resurgence" of amazing releases to come.

That dude's been waiting 6 years for Yamcha? lmao that just goes to show even the unpopular characters has their fans. GT lovers, speak up! i never understood the "i dislike GT therefore it deserves no attention from anyone" mentality some fans have

I remember seeing a fan on a popular forum years & years ago defend Dodoria as his favorite DBZ character. Yes, DODORIA. Everyone deserves a shot :wink1:

:rock

Well Adam did say they're planning at least 10 years for the line so we're all gonna get most if not all the characters we want one day

Back