S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my gohan in today, it's not bad, and yeah i agree some paint stuff has been iffy lately on SHF's part, overall this figure isnt bad and is a good update. Just wish it wasnt so specific to a scene BUT the head does seem to fit on the old body, so i put the ssj1 head with the screaming face on the SDCC gohan body, the skin color doesnt quite match as well since the SDCC has too much shading but it works well enough, and i now have this new gohan in an accurate father-son kamehameha. I thought the hair sculpts were new but the SSJ1 head maybe the same or slightly retooled (hence why it fits?) but does look alot better than the old SDCC one imo. Now i can finally do the transformation pose at least haha

new teen ssj gohan.jpg

Thanks for the review, I'm still waiting on my Gohan to arrive. Really disappointed by the mismatched skin tone and hope it doesn't look that bad in person. I've been noticing an annoying trend or iffy or under-detailed paint on a few of the more recent releases

I don't normally watch lets-plays but you've persuaded me to give it a try with your first choice game.
Hey thanks! Nah the skin tone difference isnt as bad in person, my lighting just highlighted it a bit more.

I noticed your pic earlier ;) It will be a bit different to most lets plays of it, hopefully. Lots of mods centred around one called legacy of the dragonborn, but we are going way off topic [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

got my gohan in today, it's not bad, and yeah i agree some paint stuff has been iffy lately on SHF's part, overall this figure isnt bad and is a good update. Just wish it wasnt so specific to a scene BUT the head does seem to fit on the old body, so i put the ssj1 head with the screaming face on the SDCC gohan body, the skin color doesnt quite match as well since the SDCC has too much shading but it works well enough, and i now have this new gohan in an accurate father-son kamehameha. I thought the hair sculpts were new but the SSJ1 head maybe the same or slightly retooled (hence why it fits?) but does look alot better than the old SDCC one imo. Now i can finally do the transformation pose at least haha

View attachment 324060

I'm sure that face will go better on the regular Gohan, since his skin tone is pasty.

Tamashii Nations is apparently releasing a World Tour Exclusive Frieza Saga Kaio-ken Goku. They're coming to New York if anybody else was already planning on attending.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

e3e7f464d049514f75129c50a3f58075.jpg

If only it had used the 2.0 body I'd be really happy with this. I'll still get it but man it's a wasted opportunity [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think it's best that it doesn't use the 2.0 body. Hopefully Tamashii Nations, at some point, decides to release a 2.0 version of this and the Frieza Saga Goku design in the future.

Older body molds are good for these convention exclusives. It's a bit boring and not really that desirable compared to what it could have been.

We've theorized a Kaioken Goku as a Con Exclusive before and then seen Tamashii's tease prototypes.

This is a great Con Exclusive. A unique color that isn't often seen and easily passable by all for the most part, yet still special enough for those that want it and it likely won't break the bank on any other secondary markets.

I imagine it will still be a pricey exclusive in the after market. 6,500 yen for the exclusive. Maybe it includes the red aura effect, as well? That actually has me intrigued to purchase it.

Totally agree with Bardoon and Ang. It may be "boring" because its a repaint, but whats the alternative? Paying way too much money for an exclusive new figure that will never be sold again? Save the new molds for actual releases.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tamashii Nations has Nappa at Toy Fair this weekend so expect a lot of nice, high quality photos.

Tamashii Nations has Nappa at Toy Fair this weekend so expect a lot of nice, high quality photos.

It is already happening, but only cra p pictures are online.

I'm definately not excited for goku pink repaint, and it seems that he has an exclusive face.

It is already happening, but only cra p pictures are online.

I'm definately not excited for goku pink repaint, and it seems that he has an exclusive face.
Tomorrow is the big opening so that's most likely when we'll start getting better photographs. I think tonight is a sort of Preview Night.

Edited: Good catch! It seems to be a repainted Kamehameha face with the eyes looking straight.

I'd actually love to have one of these figures. Anyone going to this event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the SDCC EX's have been losing their charm for a while now. I was certain it was going to be SWA Goku in his anime colors. Perhaps they'll use that for either next year or just make it a Premium Color Edition

Back