S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In comes the fanmade anime mv's with "a whole new world"

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

In the manga, Gohan is 9 when he battled Cell. FUNimation's 1st version of the English dub for Z changed it up for unknown reasons.

Wow, that's crazy. I never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out!

I just realized Gohan as Great Saiyaman was the ORIGINAL One-Punch Man :horror

We need Figuarts of both of them (although I'll settle for the Figma version of Saitama)

Also, that actress Cocoa was definitely gonna give Gohan some ass when they got to her house :lecture i was like "wow Super is really gonna go there??" Until Jaco appeared and totally cockblocked

Great Saiyaman S.H. Figuarts would be great to have if, and quite possibly only if, Tamashii Nations makes the cape out of cloth.

Hey guys. I know this isn't SHF but I was hoping someone could help shed some light on this Goku Black statue I came across on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dragon...996081?hash=item36104204f1:g:VlsAAOSwZQRYc6eo

Is this thing legit or is it a one off custom? I know it says out of 200, but I can't find any info about the studio that makes these. I NEVER pre-order things on ebay anymore because I get screwed every time, so I was hoping I could find a place to order this that's not through ebay.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I know this isn't SHF but I was hoping someone could help shed some light on this Goku Black statue I came across on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dragon...996081?hash=item36104204f1:g:VlsAAOSwZQRYc6eo

Is this thing legit or is it a one off custom? I know it says out of 200, but I can't find any info about the studio that makes these. I NEVER pre-order things on ebay anymore because I get screwed every time, so I was hoping I could find a place to order this that's not through ebay.

I've seen a lot of these resin statues but I could never tell if they're official Toei approved products. I think the main ways to order them are through Facebook, e-mail, or eBay though.

It's totally wicked though. I'd love a Figuarts Zero version of that.

Don't worry about posting non-S.H.Figuarts products, I believe this has become an overall Dragon Ball related figure forum at this point with the main focus being S.H.Figuarts. At least, that's how I've been using it. :lol

I've seen a lot of these resin statues but I could never tell if they're official Toei approved products. I think the main ways to order them are through Facebook, e-mail, or eBay though.

It's totally wicked though. I'd love a Figuarts Zero version of that.

Don't worry about posting non-S.H.Figuarts products, I believe this has become an overall Dragon Ball related figure forum at this point with the main focus being S.H.Figuarts. At least, that's how I've been using it. :lol

Thanks. I figured as much but I don't wanna upset anyone.

I found this on istagram, but I still can't find any real credentials for "Figure Class Studios" I don't know if the poster is involved or what, but I always get nervous ordering expensive things from companies that only have an email address.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPAjDgVDLza/?taken-by=dragon_gk

Also: I got SDCC Broly today... <3 it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Thanks. I figured as much but I don't wanna upset anyone.

I found this on istagram, but I still can't find any real credentials for "Figure Class Studios" I don't know if the poster is involved or what, but I always get nervous ordering expensive things from companies that only have an email address.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPAjDgVDLza/?taken-by=dragon_gk

Also: I got SDCC Broly today... <3 it.

Yeah, no worries. It's open discussion.

XCEED, I believe that's how you spell their name, also does e-mails and they seem to be reliable. So it all depends on your comfort.

Nice! The SDCC/Premium Color Broly is an improvement over the original release, for me personally, which I never thought was possible because the original release was my #1 release in the S.H. Figuarts line. Glad you were able to obtain him!

Wow, that's crazy. I never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Great Saiyaman S.H. Figuarts would be great to have if, and quite possibly only if, Tamashii Nations makes the cape out of cloth.

Cloth capes aren't that great for cool and/or dynamic poses.. At this small scale cloth is too light and doesn't fold naturally. If you're looking for Bandai capes done right, look no further than the awesome Saint Seiya Myth Cloth EX series with the capes for the Gold Saints. Made of several layers of hard plastic that slide inward or outward to widen the cape or can be articulated around an axis to give it a swirl. Better than those capes for the Star Wars Figuarts for sure.

Cloth capes aren't that great for cool and/or dynamic poses.. At this small scale cloth is too light and doesn't fold naturally. If you're looking for Bandai capes done right, look no further than the awesome Saint Seiya Myth Cloth EX series with the capes for the Gold Saints. Made of several layers of hard plastic that slide inward or outward to widen the cape or can be articulated around an axis to give it a swirl. Better than those capes for the Star Wars Figuarts for sure.

Tamashii Nations should make it possible for collectors to pose Great Saiyaman like this...

4962126-0823829369-hqdef.jpg

but that would only be possible with a cloth cape.

As for the Saint Seiya Myth Cloth EX cape, are you talking about the capes that's been used for Injustice Superman?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tamashii Nations should make it possible for collectors to pose Great Saiyaman like this...

View attachment 315571

but that would only be possible with a cloth cape.

As for the Saint Seiya Myth Cloth EX cape, are you talking about the capes that's been used for Injustice Superman?

That pose doesn't appear to be likely for a SH Figuarts figure, considering the articulation wouldn't look very good with such a dynamic pose, the shoulders would look nearly disjointed, the (likely) supple green plastic material for Gohan's tunic wouldn't bend naturally at the waist with the odd angle of the legs, not to mention that the figure would end up in a faceplant pretty quickly in that pose, especially with a cloth cape that wouldn't be possible to use as support. If, and that's a big if, Tamashii ends up releasing this figure and wants to allow collectors to pose Gohan in such a way, a better alternative would be to have a "normal" cape for when he's just standing tall, and another cape with a specific mold for this pose, where the bottom of the cape is like a support base for the figure to rest on and acts as a counterweight.

A good middle point between my suggestion of a molded PVC cape and yours of a cloth cape would be a cloth cape with a metal wire inside to bend it and give it cool dynamic poses, that could also potentially be used as a support of sorts (though less steady than a molded cape).

Anyway, let's see if they release what they announced first and worry about what may eventually come around in 2030 second. ;-)

cloth capes are very easy to get looking real, mafex does a really good job at it. All it needs is wire on both sides for posing and some stiching to create permanent folds.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All they need are a pair of hands slanted downwards for Gohan to do that pose. Similarly to how Ironman has his hands slanted upwards to make him look like he's gonna shoot off his repulsor hands.

Mafex does the wire capes right, surely Tamashii can do the same.

While I'm not against the idea of a cloth cape, I feel that for anime figures it wouldn't look as good. The standard dynamically molded plastic cape suits it best and it would fit better with the style. For realistic figures like Marvel, DC, and Star Wars, cloth would look best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pose doesn't appear to be likely for a SH Figuarts figure, considering the articulation wouldn't look very good with such a dynamic pose, the shoulders would look nearly disjointed, the (likely) supple green plastic material for Gohan's tunic wouldn't bend naturally at the waist with the odd angle of the legs, not to mention that the figure would end up in a faceplant pretty quickly in that pose, especially with a cloth cape that wouldn't be possible to use as support. If, and that's a big if, Tamashii ends up releasing this figure and wants to allow collectors to pose Gohan in such a way, a better alternative would be to have a "normal" cape for when he's just standing tall, and another cape with a specific mold for this pose, where the bottom of the cape is like a support base for the figure to rest on and acts as a counterweight.

A good middle point between my suggestion of a molded PVC cape and yours of a cloth cape would be a cloth cape with a metal wire inside to bend it and give it cool dynamic poses, that could also potentially be used as a support of sorts (though less steady than a molded cape).

Anyway, let's see if they release what they announced first and worry about what may eventually come around in 2030 second. ;-)

The arm pose is likely if Tamashii Nations uses a shoulder where the inside rotating joint has a lot of open range and movement. With a black plastic shoulder, it wouldn't look out of place either. The shoulder movement is actually possible with the newer Super Saiyan Trunks release if you turn the shoulders upside down. As tinlunlau mentioned, we would just need hands sculpted in that way and the wrist joint should cover that pose.

While I do see the waist plastic bending unnaturally, I don't think it would look too out of place. If Tamashii Nations creates an opening in the mold design, similar to Broly, along with soft plastic, it would look good.

Stage Act 4 Stands are available to help figures be displayed in poses that the figure itself might not achieve. If the stand is not included, Tamashii Nations wouldn't be against collectors having to purchase another product to display their figure in a specific pose.

I wouldn't consider Great Saiyaman as a "big if" release since Tamashii Nations had him on a poll a few years back at SDCC. While he may not be a main focus release, the possibility and potential are there. Especially with Dragon Ball Super bringing the character back and having a 2 part story on him along with the Japanese collecting market enjoying their superheroes with masks.

I do indeed like the idea of a usual Tamashii Nations plastic cape and a cloth, wired cape. As Deano mentioned, the wired cape similar to Mafex's design can work really well.

The announced releases are safe, it's what's been revealed that we need to let Tamashii Nations know we want. Until then, talking about releases that may not happen for awhile helps kill the time. :lol

Looks like some web exclusives are being reissued for Tamashi Nation's 10th anniversary. Among those are Super Saiyan Vegeta (premium color), Trunks (premium), Ultimate Gohan, and so on.

Looks like some web exclusives are being reissued for Tamashi Nation's 10th anniversary. Among those are Super Saiyan Vegeta (premium color), Trunks (premium), Ultimate Gohan, and so on.

Are they going to recall all of the leftover quantity from retailers and re-release them?

Yeah, of all the figures to break reissue rules for, they choose possibly the five worst selling in the entire line. That cant be coincidence [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back