S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Prod it IS anime colored Nappa, but it's the Arlia colors, and that's just weird as hell.

they might've did that just for the convention only. That Kaioken Goku is just the SDCC EX repainted, which is kinda weird for them to do too. Tamashii has displayed weird stuff before, such as the "Angel Wing" Goku, and if anyone else recalls, they disiplayed a "Namek Vegeta" which was the SS Vegeta but with normal hair

Ginyu Force and 1st Form Frieza? You managed to come up with releases that were less liklier than Nappa. :lol

SDCC Piccolo is great but I'm sure the 2.0 will be the better of the two.

I guess I don't understand the criteria for releases. I mean SSJ4 Goku is happeneing on multiple platforms. To me thats on par with Radditz. To me, if a character played a role in a saga they should be made in figure form.

You arent thinking like a business though. Tamashii will only sell if 1. Theres demand and 2. It will sell.

Raditz is likely only wanted by the hardcore crowd (us) and most folks honestly either wouldnt care or wouldnt even know who he was. Ssj4 has marketing behind him, he was featured in alot of stuff, plus hes Goku so everyone knows it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You arent thinking like a business though. Tamashii will only sell if 1. Theres demand and 2. It will sell.

Raditz is likely only wanted by the hardcore crowd (us) and most folks honestly either wouldnt care or wouldnt even know who he was. Ssj4 has marketing behind him, he was featured in alot of stuff, plus hes Goku so everyone knows it.

I can't agree with this. If you are a DBZ fan and buying these figures, you know everyone.

Believe it or not, not everyone that watches dragonball does so religiously. Many likely joined during Super and BoG, hell a couple folk I have spoken too only watched Namek onwards.

The term fan isnt all-encompassing man; there are casual fans, hardcore fans and fans that watch for the action.

Not saying I agree with it, but the same is true of all shows on tv.

Believe it or not, not everyone that watches dragonball does so religiously. Many likely joined during Super and BoG, hell a couple folk I have spoken too only watched Namek onwards.

The term fan isnt all-encompassing man; there are casual fans, hardcore fans and fans that watch for the action.

Not saying I agree with it, but the same is true of all shows on tv.

I understand the aspect. But If your buying collectibles like these, chances are you want everyone. I'm not asking for the Victim Farmer with a shorgun here. But b/c role characters that make excellent looking figures as well as background figures.

I guess I don't understand the criteria for releases. I mean SSJ4 Goku is happeneing on multiple platforms. To me thats on par with Radditz. To me, if a character played a role in a saga they should be made in figure form.

5b3d218b193f472f9717bf9030caf5dffad68f0ffb61c4ae4e0232f598f701c6.jpg

In all seriousness, from Tamashii Nation's perspective, Super Saiyan 4 Goku is more marketable than Raditz. At the moment, arguing for or against that is irrelevant because Tamashii Nations is releasing a Super Saiyan 4 Goku in their Figuarts Zero EX Character Category. Which happens to be their most expensive Dragon Ball Character Category.

The criteria for releases is simple and those decisions are made by, and only from, Tamashii Nations. As Deano mentioned, Tamashii Nations will sell if there's a high demand, profitable outcome, and/or if they can capitalize on popularity. I'm quite sure the majority of collectors had no idea on the possibility of Xenoverse releases but, if there was any time to capitalize on the popularity, it was the best opportune time to schedule those releases.

Ultimate Gohan and Vegito should receive 2.0 upgrades when Super Buu and Gohan Absorbed Super Buu are released. I'm sure a lot of people will complain about another Goku release but he needs to make a strong comeback. Super Saiyan 3 Goku may be the perfect way because it'll please the majority of collectors, old and new to the line.

I think for Vegito at least there's a very good possibility of a 2.0 depending on if he truly does appear in Super and how he looks (if the Saiyan armor gets incorporated into his look). Ultimate Gohan I don't think they'll revisit but there will be another version of adult Gohan eventually whether it be Saiyaman or his blue/purple gi look. He could always be headswapped on the SSJ3 body and boom, Ultimate Gohan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 301897

In all seriousness, from Tamashii Nation's perspective, Super Saiyan 4 Goku is more marketable than Raditz. At the moment, arguing for or against that is irrelevant because Tamashii Nations is releasing a Super Saiyan 4 Goku in their Figuarts Zero EX Character Category. Which happens to be their most expensive Dragon Ball Character Category.

The criteria for releases is simple and those decisions are made by, and only from, Tamashii Nations. As Deano mentioned, Tamashii Nations will sell if there's a high demand, profitable outcome, and/or if they can capitalize on popularity. I'm quite sure the majority of collectors had no idea on the possibility of Xenoverse releases but, if there was any time to capitalize on the popularity, it was the best opportune time to schedule those releases.

Who in the blue hell.....

No I know. I wish tamashii treated this like a wwe line and released the jobbers with the main eventers.

Thinking like a business is the best way to think about releases and speculate on who'll make the cut and when.

As far as Radditz goes, he'll come eventually as no matter what, he's Goku's brother and also the first villain in the series. SSJ4 however is definitely more iconic and will always get the priority. Hell we may even see Radditz pretty soon since we've got Nappers and a new Vegeta on the horizon. What better time to release him than with those two.

I think for Vegito at least there's a very good possibility of a 2.0 depending on if he truly does appear in Super and how he looks (if the Saiyan armor gets incorporated into his look). Ultimate Gohan I don't think they'll revisit but there will be another version of adult Gohan eventually whether it be Saiyaman or his blue/purple gi look. He could always be headswapped on the SSJ3 body and boom, Ultimate Gohan.

"Dragon Ball Super" Vegito will definitely be released with the updated quality and articulation. The more I think about it, I can't imagine Toei is going to change the design. I thought the new attire for Goku and Vegeta was going to stay around but it only lasted during two story arcs which is kind of a shame because it really brought a different, new feel to the characters. (I don't know if that was Toei, Toriyama, or both?)

Yeah, I don't think they're going to revisit Ultimate Gohan considering he's still available at retail a year after his release. There are other versions of Gohan, like the newer Super Saiyan (2) Gohan, that Tamashii Nations is certainly going to consider. I'm not so sure the head sculpt on Great Saiyaman or Adult Gohan will look the same as Ultimate Gohan though since he transformed into a Super Saiyan 2 and that's what the Ultimate Gohan hair is designed after. I really liked the design and character development of Ultimate Gohan but ****, Toriyama threw that away quickly. I won't get too far into that. :lol

"Dragon Ball Super" Vegito will definitely be released with the updated quality and articulation. The more I think about it, I can't imagine Toei is going to change the design. I thought the new attire for Goku and Vegeta was going to stay around but it only lasted during two story arcs which is kind of a shame because it really brought a different, new feel to the characters. (I don't know if that was Toei, Toriyama, or both?)

Yeah, I don't think they're going to revisit Ultimate Gohan considering he's still available at retail a year after his release. There are other versions of Gohan, like the newer Super Saiyan (2) Gohan, that Tamashii Nations is certainly going to consider. I'm not so sure the head sculpt on Great Saiyaman or Adult Gohan will look the same as Ultimate Gohan though since he transformed into a Super Saiyan 2 and that's what the Ultimate Gohan hair is designed after. I really liked the design and character development of Ultimate Gohan but ****, Toriyama threw that away quickly. I won't get too far into that. :lol

I hope they don't change the design. I want a 2.0 of Vegito so badly and this may be the only chance we get unless he somehow becomes a recurring character in the series. They could always make Vegeta remove his armor before the fusion cuz he gets sweaty or something lol

Yeah let's not get into the Gohan topic. People are still recovering from his fall from grace

You guys see that new episode? Pretty ****ing epic but it still leaves us where we were before. I have a feeling the next fusion will be occurring at the end of episode 66 :panic:

The positive thing to keep in mind is now that the line has boomed beyond Tamashii's expectations along with riding a wave of renewed Dragon Ball popularity, the likelihood of getting the "minor" heroes and villains greatly goes up...hence why we've seen Tien and Yamcha finally. Tamashii would be willing to take a minor profit "hit" knowing they can easily make up for it with a big release following it.

Look at the Future Warrior, that is arguably a "minor character", yet Tamashii is releasing him. He can end up being a complete bust in terms of sales. Raditz will happen, he's definitely on their character lists, but it might take a while before he finally moves up the chain. If they do release the new Nappa and he sells well, I'd argue that will greatly help Raditz's chances.

Like others have said, think like a business FIRST, then as a fan. If you constantly think like a fan, you are missing an integral piece for understanding why toy and collectible companies make the decisions and product releases that they do. Their primary and number one goal is to make money, and every decision is derived from that.

Just finished watching the newest episode of Dragon Ball Super. I've been expecting this Future Trunks/Zamasu story arc to lose its steam for quite awhile but week-by-week they've proven me wrong.

Edited: Loving the signature, blood

Thinking like a business is the best way to think about releases and speculate on who'll make the cut and when.

Like others have said, think like a business FIRST, then as a fan. If you constantly think like a fan, you are missing an integral piece for understanding why toy and collectible companies make the decisions and product releases that they do. Their primary and number one goal is to make money, and every decision is derived from that.

Is there someway we can make this the forum's signature that's always at the top or bottom of the page?

Who in the blue hell.....

No I know. I wish tamashii treated this like a wwe line and released the jobbers with the main eventers.

Great response :lol

The key to this line is patience. Without that, you'll go mad. It took me awhile to become accustom to the understanding of the posts above but, once you accept it, it's only a matter of time for when your desired character will be revealed.

So far the Black Saga is finally, truly imo a worthy sequel to DBZ. I love how they use the lore of all the past DBZ sagas and even some crucial DB moments. I really love the SSB look, it extends the ssj eye color to the entire ki. If they do fuse and we get a goku-vegeta fused SSB I'm probably buying the **** out of that if they make it into shf form. Him and DBS Trunks will be enough representation of DBS for me. Really hope this saga ends satisfying.

nappaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

:rotfl He's not confirmed yet you know.XD

On another note: came across the images of Zero Raditz and Bardock, wonder if they'll ever be released.

So far the Black Saga is finally, truly imo a worthy sequel to DBZ. I love how they use the lore of all the past DBZ sagas and even some crucial DB moments. I really love the SSB look, it extends the ssj eye color to the entire ki. If they do fuse and we get a goku-vegeta fused SSB I'm probably buying the **** out of that if they make it into shf form. Him and DBS Trunks will be enough representation of DBS for me. Really hope this saga ends satisfying.

:rotfl He's not confirmed yet you know.XD

On another note: came across the images of Zero Raditz and Bardock, wonder if they'll ever be released.

Pics of Radiyz and Bardock??

Back