S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Wikia isn't very reliable since they essentially have the same framed shots on both the 2nd and 3rd grade pages. I just pegged it from memory of watching the anime 10,000 times.

So goddamn stupid that Goku and Trunks are the only ones to get normal heads as accessories. Vegetto got it too, but that's only one release. There's been multiple Vegetas now.

Yeah, normal black hair is my favorite look. I like the ssj hair because it's an important part of the characters and the story, but from a "collecting" stand point, I always prefer the regular form for some reason. It's how I always visualize Vegeta and Goku. I'm still not a huge fan of the blue form either.

sbNd2G6.jpg

That's an awesome Vegeta figure but this has my attention at the moment!

_22_2.png

Don't know why it says Bandai though it's by Banpresto.

Yeah, normal black hair is my favorite look. I like the ssj hair because it's an important part of the characters and the story, but from a "collecting" stand point, I always prefer the regular form for some reason. It's how I always visualize Vegeta and Goku. I'm still not a huge fan of the blue form either.

Whenever there's an option for a normal head, I always buy doubles. SSB was jarring at first, but I like it much more than the red/pink God form and I'm glad Vegeta never needed to go through that scrawny look to get to SSB.

Whenever there's an option for a normal head, I always buy doubles. SSB was jarring at first, but I like it much more than the red/pink God form and I'm glad Vegeta never needed to go through that scrawny look to get to SSB.

I'm not a fan of the red God form. Still, I liked the film and I really like DBS, and Berrus has become one of my favorite new characters. I'm glad that Vegeta and Goku went back to using their old outfits...some things shouldn't change. :D

I'm not a fan of the red God form. Still, I liked the film and I really like DBS, and Berrus has become one of my favorite new characters. I'm glad that Vegeta and Goku went back to using their old outfits...some things shouldn't change. :D

Yeah definitely. BOG (didn't see the entire thing, just the important parts on Youtube) might be the most solid movie of the series. I liked ROF, but bringing Frieza back? Too fan fictiony.

I hope they give us Goku's "Son" logo Gi as a figure at some point.

Yeah definitely. BOG (didn't see the entire thing, just the important parts on Youtube) might be the most solid movie of the series. I liked ROF, but bringing Frieza back? Too fan fictiony.

I hope they give us Goku's "Son" logo Gi as a figure at some point.

I didn't mind Frieza coming back...it wasn't the first time anyway. I liked that Frieza had to train for just a few months for the first time in his life to reach the next level. It's crazy that he never trained, and he was just naturally strong in DBZ.

I know, SH are idiots for making the "Gi" Goku a Comic Con EX :dunno I'd be ok with Roshi and King Kai's logos, since they already made the Namek version.

IbsAsmy.png
wDaJXk3.jpg

I didn't mind Frieza coming back...it wasn't the first time anyway. I liked that Frieza had to train for just a few months for the first time in his life to reach the next level. It's crazy that he never trained, and he was just naturally strong in DBZ.

I know, SH are idiots for making the "Gi" Goku a Comic Con EX :dunno I'd be ok with Roshi and King Kai's logos, since they already made the Namek version.

IbsAsmy.png
wDaJXk3.jpg

Yes! I'd kill for a King Kai gi. One of these days, I'd like them to do a Kaioken colored variant. Of course that would be a SDCC EX that you'd need to sell a kidney for.

After looking at the pictures of Vegeta next to Trunks and at Super Vegeta I can say this.

The head might be Super Vegeta, the body is not. It isn't bulky enough especially compared to Trunks.

As for GOku

Super Saiyan second grade

SSjG2_3.jpg

Super Saiyan Third Grade

SSjG3_3.jpg

Not me, I'm hyped as ******

I am, as well.

Ppl are whining like little bitches over on FB..... But I'm stoked... Both Figures I have wanted for years and they are coming out in the same year!!!

A lot of it I don't understand. I'm glad you were able to get the figures you've wanted! I'm hoping to grasp that with a couple myself.

I think this release isn't that bad, it's a shame that while it's a new mold it's not an entirely new Vegeta...but this should be the ideal Cell Saga Vegeta by far. I'm thinking of getting two, so I can display the second as my preferred Normal Vegeta. I do like how there seem to be minor changes to make this Vegeta different from Trunks too, that's always nice

I would consider it a new Vegeta. Purely Cell Saga Super (Saiyan) Vegeta. 1st Super Saiyan Vegeta is Android Saga and Premium Color Super Saiyan is Battle of Gods Saga.

Yea I don't see what the big deal is, we finally get a completely new vegeta figure, they ***** about them not giving us dbz figures and look what happens

Some people will ***** about anything. I've noticed that a lot lately in this line's collecting community. It's almost as if they need to come up with an excuse to not buy it.

After looking at the pictures of Vegeta next to Trunks and at Super Vegeta I can say this.

The head might be Super Vegeta, the body is not. It isn't bulky enough especially compared to Trunks.

As for GOku

Super Saiyan second grade

View attachment 264985

Super Saiyan Third Grade

View attachment 264986

Damn, he looks like Arnold in the 70's :lol Is that even possible to make as a figure? A 6 inch figure with those proportions might not be very functional.

Damn, he looks like Arnold in the 70's :lol Is that even possible to make as a figure? A 6 inch figure with those proportions might not be very functional.

They did Broly, so it's possible. Although I'm not fond of the proportions they gave him. I'd really want a Saiyan Armored Goku and Gohan.

I am, as well.

A lot of it I don't understand. I'm glad you were able to get the figures you've wanted! I'm hoping to grasp that with a couple myself.

I would consider it a new Vegeta. Purely Cell Saga Super (Saiyan) Vegeta. 1st Super Saiyan Vegeta is Android Saga and Premium Color Super Saiyan is Battle of Gods Saga.

Some people will ***** about anything. I've noticed that a lot lately in this line's collecting community. It's almost as if they need to come up with an excuse to not buy it.

Yeah I'm slowly getting back into DBZ but THIS TIME.., I'm only gonna collect the Chars that I like... I still think it's ****** that they were lazy as **** with SSB Vegeta no black hair WTF...

For right now Just Jacket Trunks,SSJ Trunks,Awakening Goku, and SSJ Cell Vegeta are on my radar.... MAYBE SSJ Blue Vegeta if someone could mold the hair from another figure of the same scale.

F' Yeah! I predicted correctly and Tamashii once again follows its pattern!

Vegeta looks awesome! Wonderful new sculpt, slightly shorter/stouter Armored Trunks body. The figure looks fantastic.

This also brings us one step closer to Buu Saga/Majin-Vegeta. The head sculpt is spectacular and we have a new sculpt Vegeta at long last.

The Saiyan armor also looks better on Vegeta's shorter frame. In some poses, SSJ Trunks looks extremely barrel-chested.

They did Broly, so it's possible. Although I'm not fond of the proportions they gave him. I'd really want a Saiyan Armored Goku and Gohan.

Yeah but Broly is huge, it's easier to make tall bulkier characters... Vegeta, while possible, would either look really good or really stupid. Tamashii isn't perfect & they have derped releases before.

Which is?

They have been doing this noticeably more in which they will "pair" releases. Either with a common allies/partners or with two characters who rival one another.

Star Wars
Darth Vader vs. Jedi Luke Skywalker from Ep. VI
Darth Maul vs. Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi from Ep.I
Clone Troopers vs. Battle Droids from Ep.II
Mace Windu vs. Jango Fett from Ep. II (forthcoming, pre-order available)
Han Solo and Chewbacca (forthcoming, not announced, might be able to toss ANH Luke in this mix as a trio)

Dragon Ball Z
Android Trio (18, 17 and 16)
Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan (I actually think this was INTENDED to have Super Buu as their rival releases, but the DBZ movies shifted plans)
SSGSS Goku vs. Golden Frieza
Beerus and Whis
Armored SSJ Trunks and SSJ Vegeta (from Cell saga)

Potentially...after the next Regular Release is announced, predicting who that character might 'pair' with will be easy to deduce conditional on the Saga/storyline they come from.

Not to judge here but... The major crying about is regarding the fact Tamashii released the PCE version of Vegeta and Trunks (along with future trunks, okay, different figures I get it, but still two of the same character)... And this Vegeta now is the 2.0 version of the PCE released not so long ago... Basically, if you're going to release something better, why doing this rip off with the consumer? Where is the respect? The complaint isn't about the figure itself, the complaint is about how they handle these sort of things... Only money matters, and theirs of course.
Another example I can give is the following: The official distributor from Tamashii in Brazil (country I live) will oficially release the PCE Trunks and Vegeta just now (I know, a lot of time, but here customs processing are really slow)... Guess what? A lot of people are cancelling the pre-orders from both PCE Trunks and Vegeta, simply because a extremely better figure will be released.
Tamashii still has the profit, the distributor is getting punished by their actions (let's not forget, not every country has a official one... If they have one here, surely sales are at least considerably...) and the consumer is partially harmed. Partially because those who bought the PCE version of Vegeta now have an outdated figure...
It's been a while I say this, and I'm gonna repeat:

That's what being a completionist gets you... Whatever they throw at us, is automatically sold out, and that's why they keep releasing garbage... Why not this 2.0 Vegeta in the first place? The same goes before... A lot of reissues for the SSJ Manga Yellow Gi Goku, then the incredible Awakening figure... Awakening figure has the fixed shoulders, knees... He was released before SSGSS, why SSGSS still has the older version? Why Beerus has the older knees? Because Bandai doesn't care, and people buy it anyway...

2017 or 2018 will probably feature a 2.0 normal goku... And it wouldn't surprise me if next year we get the PCE SSJ3, and after a while a 2.0 SSJ3.

I had too.....

jokermeme.jpg

They have been doing this noticeably more in which they will "pair" releases. Either with a common allies/partners or with two characters who rival one another.

Star Wars
Darth Vader vs. Jedi Luke Skywalker from Ep. VI
Darth Maul vs. Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi from Ep.I
Clone Troopers vs. Battle Droids from Ep.II
Mace Windu vs. Jango Fett from Ep. II (forthcoming, pre-order available)
Han Solo and Chewbacca (forthcoming, not announced, might be able to toss ANH Luke in this mix as a trio)

Dragon Ball Z
Android Trio (18, 17 and 16)
Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan (I actually think this was INTENDED to have Super Buu as their rival releases, but the DBZ movies shifted plans)
SSGSS Goku vs. Golden Frieza
Beerus and Whis
Armored SSJ Trunks and SSJ Vegeta (from Cell saga)

Potentially...after the next Regular Release is announced, predicting who that character might 'pair' with will be easy to deduce conditional on the Saga/storyline they come from.

Holly ****! You're like Russell Crowe in a Beautiful Mind...you figured out the formula! :hi5:

Back