S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest Snake, thats the first gif I have properly laughed at in ages!

End of the day, its up to each person to decide if its worth their time watching it. I personally like Super so far, if only because its new dragonball. I didnt go into it expecting anything and im better for it I feel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm just saying, if you're going to try and troll a message board, try and do it well. You didn't hit a nerve, you just look like a fool and I called you out on it.

umEsVzC.gif

Scrubs gifs are always better.

You haven't been here long enough to know what a troll is. Anyone around here knows that I don't troll this thread and have had plenty of legitimate criticisms. You're reading way too much into one video post, bub.

I'll be honest Snake, thats the first gif I have properly laughed at in ages!

End of the day, its up to each person to decide if its worth their time watching it. I personally like Super so far, if only because its new dragonball. I didnt go into it expecting anything and im better for it I feel.

I want to like it, but I just don't. Nothing has drawn me in to ever watching it. But I'm completest idiot that will still buy all the figures based on it since I got all of them up until now.. so yeah.

I think I started liking it when I realized that the whole reason Toriyama left dragonball as it was, was because he got tired of the seriousness of it.

Since doing dragonball he has done nothing but funny manga, that tells you how he currently thinks. We wanted new material, and he caved, but to get it we had to play by his rules, and we have to accept that unfortunately.

Thats ultimately what Super is; a return to the humor Toriyama was known for in every manga except dbz.

You haven't been here long enough to know what a troll is. Anyone around here knows that I don't troll this thread and have had plenty of legitimate criticisms. You're reading way too much into one video post, bub.

I want to like it, but I just don't. Nothing has drawn me in to ever watching it. But I'm completest idiot that will still buy all the figures based on it since I got all of them up until now.. so yeah.

Time on this board is irrelevant for whether or not something is taken as a trolling comment. It isn't like it's something unique to Sideshow Collector's.

Regardless, it's a pointless argument. You have no desire to watch the show, good for you. Unfortunately, we are going to keep getting more and more Super releases before we get anything classic, if the recent announcements are anything to go by.

On the actual topic of the thread, has there been any nice releases, in any line, of Saibamen/Cell Jr.? Something with at least SOME articulation, and/or in at least a close to 1/6th scale?

Best I've found is the 3 pack of Saibamen that are mostly shown climbing out of the ground, and some gashapons.

DBZ still had a lot of humor, it just wasn't based on humor as much as Dragon Ball was

I think I started liking it when I realized that the whole reason Toriyama left dragonball as it was, was because he got tired of the seriousness of it.

Since doing dragonball he has done nothing but funny manga, that tells you how he currently thinks. We wanted new material, and he caved, but to get it we had to play by his rules, and we have to accept that unfortunately.

Thats ultimately what Super is; a return to the humor Toriyama was known for in every manga except dbz.

DBZ still had a lot of humor, it just wasn't based on humor as much as Dragon Ball was

I've always been fine with DB humor, it just doesn't feel like anything is at stake with Super. In Z there mostly was always some plight they were dealing with outside a few periods of peace time. If there was an actual "villain" I'll start into it.

I've always been fine with DB humor, it just doesn't feel like anything is at stake with Super. In Z there mostly was always some plight they were dealing with outside a few periods of peace time. If there was an actual "villain" I'll start into it.

While you're not wrong, I think it does harken back to Dragon Ball more than Z. In Dragon Ball there are long stretches where the saga is more about just adventure and exploring.

In Z they almost always have something that is imminently threatening. From the Saiyan Saga, they go to Namek to bring back their friends, and are almost immediately beset by Frieza.

They get back to earth after the Namek Saga and we have Trunks show up start the android/cell saga.

Similar to Super, we have a small sequence of the Saiyaman, followed by the world tournament. Which then immediately starts the Buu arch.

Maybe now the tournament arch will yield Beerus the dragon balls and he'll summon some big bad that is more powerful and more destructive than even he is? I mean, it would kind of be a retread of the Buu saga's beginning I guess, but still. I at least hope Supers first new arch isn't to Buu Saga like Lord Slug to the Piccolo saga.

The only true villain I can see happening at this point, is a character that threatens all 12 of the universes at once. Maybe a rogue God of Destruction from Universe 4 uses the Super Dragon Balls to make himself stronger than all the other gods or something like that

I really wish Uub was involved. In my opinion the series would've been better & more cohesive had it just took place after the Buu Saga epilogue. So as it stands that epilogue is probably going to be retconned

The only true villain I can see happening at this point, is a character that threatens all 12 of the universes at once. Maybe a rogue God of Destruction from Universe 4 uses the Super Dragon Balls to make himself stronger than all the other gods or something like that

I really wish Uub was involved. In my opinion the series would've been better & more cohesive had it just took place after the Buu Saga epilogue. So as it stands that epilogue is probably going to be retconned

There is hope! When they talked about who to bring to the tournament, they mention Uub, who is pointed out was just born recently. I could see Beerus going full on rage god of destruction. It's pretty clear that it wouldn't be Champa though. Unless Vados rebels and takes over as the god of destruction? She's pretty cold.

Uub might be known of in this universe, but the ending is still retconned, since Vegeta shouldnt know he was Buu reincarnated, let alone know he exists. That was the whole point of Goku wanting everyone to enter the tournament.

Man, you don't have to get less excited for it!!

Trust me, the anime has its ups and downs, but it still okay at the moment.

It's just the hype... Just look at the scenario, after so many years, Toriyama appears out of nowhere saying "wazzup heres the new dragon ball you wanted!" and no one was actually expecting it... Then what we expect is something real great, but it seems like he is playing "safe" you know, and he is not giving what the public wants... I know he has his own mind and way of seeing things and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have Dragon Ball at all... But on the other hand instead, they should consider what people actually want.

To be really honest, is not even what people want, because sometimes people have crazy desires and everyone can have a different opinion, but it should be something with more sense you know, or epic and great like Dragon Ball deserve...

Once again, it is japan company mindset... They have the best quality in a lot of things, but that's how they roll...

We want Majin Vegeta, the old crew and a lot of other figures, Tamashi gives us whatever they want.

We want DBS to have more sense, explore the whole vast universe that they gave to us and older characters such as Vegeta, Piccolo and Gohan to shine again, because we not only love Goku, we love other characters as well, yet they give us whatever they want.

I feel the same deception for both companies, and I see the same pattern repeting itself.

I agree with everything that you said, I'm going to have hope that'll turn out to be the dragonball we all love

Anime Island just shipped my PC Trunks :yess: Hope they remember to lower the value for customs :pray:

DBS definitely harkens back to DB, the problem is it's not doing it well. I only saw DB fr the first time as an adult and to my amazement was more WAY more adult than what DBS is presenting now, with more serious messages and motivations underneath the goofyness. DBS has been nothing but superficial whackyness so far. It's more like a weak followup to DBZA than DBZ. A bit of occasional babbling about technique here and there isn't gonna cut it.

DBS is just empty entertainment so far and tht was not thr case at all with db and dbz. Don't even come at me with the nostalgia thing cause as I said I didn't see db till I was an adult, fairly recently. I enjoy sporadic things in DBS that are nice callbacks or lore expansions, but overall it's just cheap af.

So I just got my Vegeta I ordered the other day (super fast shipping). It's 100% legit and I'm 100% happy! Now I have three OG Vegeta's and a new one which I'm not sure if I'll open or not. For now, here's my Android and Cell Saga Vegeta figures. Good thing about having two different color blue suits is now I can differentiate between powered up and powered down looks [emoji4] Not gonna be using the PC heads since they don't match with the rest of the line and personally I prefer the matte look over the gloss anyhow.

eb7af0a7b5793740d54c6fe3e48ce4d7.jpg

88f22fc5b4a79052f0df1577db073a06.jpg

38aa9d097409ee4a19283691f1c071c1.jpg

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I can tell ya now after visiting other forums and places, there is a lot of buzz and hype for Hit. There's been some theories about him potentially being the U6 version of Cell. While we don't have much to base it on right now, who's to say U6 didn't have their own version of Dr. Gero and Androids before it was 'ravaged by war' and earthlings became extinct? Vados knew of Frost's origins and true intentions and kept Champa in the dark. How cool would it be if Hit was responsible for earth's demise?

You just know this guy is going to have a transformation up his sleeve. That split/seam on his head looks like it could open up to reveal something. In his character design notes, it was said that his name suggests danger. I think we might have our potential next big bad, folks. :wink1:

I remember last year just before Super aired, Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki said we would probably see an enemy who is stronger than Boo and Freeza. Now while there are certainly other characters stronger than those two now (Beerus, Whis, Vados and Champa), Nozaki specifically said enemy, and I don't quite see those four as 'villains' in that respect.

I can tell ya now after visiting other forums and places, there is a lot of buzz and hype for Hit. There's been some theories about him potentially being the U6 version of Cell. While we don't have much to base it on right now, who's to say U6 didn't have their own version of Dr. Gero and Androids before it was 'ravaged by war' and earthlings became extinct...

Good point, I didn't know that!

The whole thing for me is...

ATTENTION, THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF FACTS - If I am mistaken, feel free to correct me

They made Goku a god in the beginning of the arc (the pink/red hair) and that makes him around 70% the power of Bills... For what I understood until now is that SSGSS probably is STRONGER than the red hair, which means Goku should reach at least 90% of Beerus power (or maybe could match the power with him)... At the moment, probably only Whis and Vados are stronger than Beerus and Champa... Also, Vados was categorically by saying Beerus is stronger than Champa because Champa is fat... So I am assuming the "strenght" ladder goes like this:

- Whis and Vados;
- Beerus / Goku* / Vegeta* - *They could be a little weaker than Beerus, but by a close difference;
- Champa;

Considering that Beerus and Champa, who are deities were matched (Beerus) and surpassed (Champa) by Goku and Vegeta, there are no other characters that represent a threat whatsoever (in my opinion), since they already kinda "beat" the best.

Also, there is no proof Goku and Vegeta are actually stronger than Champa as well, Vados said Beerus was stronger, but it could be either by a minimum difference or just to taunt Champa and make him follow his diet.

Of course we had different scenarios, like Frost and the Winnie the Pooh who used different types of skill, and of course it does play a different role but once again, when it comes to strenght there is no match for these.

If another character appears being able to defeat Goku and Vegeta by strenght, it means that this specific character will already be better than the deities, which would seem wierd in my opinion...

Just like nipple guy, he was the strongest in the 7 universe but how about now with Goku being a SSGSS? And how stronger is him compared to Goku? Some questions will take some time to be answered, but these are the questions overall for me and that's why I think the whole tournament was already set for Goku and Vegeta (and even the nipple guy) to win... Because of these metrics that I got from the anime itself.

Back