S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a high chance we'll see prototypes of the Universe 6 fighters at this year's SDCC

That all depends if Super is released by Funimation before SDCC and it's up to that Saga. If it's not, a good portion of Western Dragon Ball/Z/Super fans won't have an inkling on who they are. If things were to remain the same, Tamashii Nations 2016 would be the ideal convention to reveal them.

OMG how could I miss it!? "Thats because were working on othe DC stuff right now." HELL YEAH

@ Big d the interviewer asked about expanding the zero ex line to licences beyond dbz... (notice the exact phrasing beyond dragonall)

I didn't think they were speaking of Dragon Ball Z when they were discussing the strategic character either. I'll have to re-watch it.

I'm praying that it's their DCEU line. It'll be months after Batman v. Superman is out in theaters and a few months into Justice League production. If they reveal the entire line up of League members....:blissy

Our buddy Adam Newman is back with a new interview...

So the Western market isn't the reason why Tamashii Nations is releasing more Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts, it's because the market in Japan is getting better.

Finally got around to watching the full video and I also posted in the dead Naruto thread about it but things aren't looking good for the Sasuke figure. Unlike the Naruto figure, he says they felt "very satisfied with" the Sasuke figure even though it seriously could improve with the skin color, lip color, and possibly even head sculpt. The hair (bangs) are mainly off to me and I can't believe they aren't even thinking about fixing it. This is terrible news.

Prototype vs. Reality:

yj7M0te.jpg

OeRsGE9.jpg

VERY SATISFIED

I was wondering if anybody could clear this up for me. I've always thought future trunks wore a purple jacket, but with this pce trunks, its blue. I also looked at screen shots from the show and in some shots it kinda looks blue, but in others it's purple. Is there a definitive color?

Looked up Super Saiyan Trunks' product specifications on Tamashii's website. I've translated it through Google and Bing and both have translated it to "Replacement head parts." Along with some sort of "through time/usually at the time" next to it.

So, this is purely speculation, but I'm guessing that Tamashii planned on 3 heads to be included with the product and mentions in the specifications that, through time, the other head will be shown.

Edited:
I was wondering if anybody could clear this up for me. I've always thought future trunks wore a purple jacket, but with this pce trunks, its blue. I also looked at screen shots from the show and in some shots it kinda looks blue, but in others it's purple. Is there a definitive color?

It would be most recognized as purple but, since anime is inconsistent, it does allow the blue coloring to be accurate.

Truth is, the Trunks we have now should've been an SDCC Exclusive, while the "standard" release should've been in his manga colors

image.jpeg

I bet Tamashii is still kicking themselves for not capitalizing on this. Now it's too late

I hope we some day get these little guys in the future with articulation, and that it sells for half the price of a normal scale release or they come in a package deal to be worth the normal price range

65602de71aee5d4fd755fbb7c57920eb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Truth is, the Trunks we have now should've been an SDCC Exclusive, while the "standard" release should've been in his manga colors

I bet Tamashii is still kicking themselves for not capitalizing on this. Now it's too late

I think we can all agree that we're happy they didn't capitalize on it. Otherwise the original web exclusive being released as a SDCC Exclusive would have had a smaller quantity produced.

I hope we some day get these little guys in the future with articulation, and that it sells for half the price of a normal scale release or they come in a package deal to be worth the normal price range

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would like to see the Cell Jrs. released at some point. They can have the smallest amount of articulation but I would like to have them in my Cell Saga display. I have the Irwin Cell Jr. in place for now.

Looked up Super Saiyan Trunks' product specifications on Tamashii's website. I've translated it through Google and Bing and both have translated it to "Replacement head parts." Along with some sort of "through time/usually at the time" next to it.

So, this is purely speculation, but I'm guessing that Tamashii planned on 3 heads to be included with the product and mentions in the specifications that, through time, the other head will be shown.

Edited:

It would be most recognized as purple but, since anime is inconsistent, it does allow the blue coloring to be accurate.

Interesting, thanks for the insight!

A friend sent these pictures to me, it's worth looking... Yamcha statue in scale with the SHF DBZ...

12729036_1263577603657962_3200839228698944652_n.jpg

In the other picture we have the whole line of these statues, which you could have a glympse of how Tien scale of this line would work with the SHF scale (since you already have the Yamcha comparison).

12734108_579526135530166_3767454096982354197_n.jpg

I don't know the authors, so whoever you are, thank you!!

I like the SS hair sculpt on that SS Goku statue more than the current SHF Goku sculpt. I'm glad I can finally place what I find to be "off" about their SS Goku hair. The spikes protrude too far out and the bangs are off. This is all just my opinion. Nice pics.

View attachment 248014

That's the weirdest decision they've ever made since it goes against everything that they had established up to that point. Good thing they did it though since personally I find the manga Trunks coloring fugly.

65602de71aee5d4fd755fbb7c57920eb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I think 2-packs of these lil guys would be perfect for around $40-45. We can only hope that with the rumored PC Cell, they would do this. Cell Jr's would tie in perfectly with the upcoming Trunks and even PC Vegeta. The Saibaman could also go with a PC Scouter Vegeta, if they decide to do that. They would also go perfectly with a certain bald and mustached Saiyan too...

I wish we got that hair on the SSGSS figure...

That would've been the right restyling of the hair. While I actually don't mind the SSGSS hair, it could be slightly more spread out than it is. It can look too bunched up at times. Still butt hurt over Vegeta not getting the same treatment :monkey4

Edit: Sideshow censors out butt hurt lol, hence the space. That makes me ********.

I agree about it looking a bit bunched but I still think it's better than the original SS hair design.

Back