S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to interrupt the discussion but I need to ask, is there a reputable general import figure group on Facebook that has a large number of members that you guys enjoy? I've grown weary of Ageless Geeks, mainly due to Alex Blas. I'm definitely interested in being part of a group to discuss figures and to have access to quick and easy sales/trades but I'm not interested in being part of a group that supposedly revolves around one seller (a seller that openly price gouges on newly released figures that can always be bought for lower prices elsewhere). I didn't join for the sake of driving profit to his business, I joined to be a part of a collecting community. Guess I should also say, this forum is good but I've grown accustomed to using Facebook groups and would like to stick with them.

I know lots of people on this thread loathe Blas but I have to ask exactly what the problem is with him? I've been a part of the group for a while now, am semi-active, and have gotten some deals and sold stuff with no problem. I've bought only a couple things from Alex personally but I've yet to see anything suspicious or bad about him or the group overall. Sure, a lot of the members kiss ass and act like Alex is the godsend but asides from that what's the problem? To me, Alex is just a toy store owner that has a social media presence and personally communicates with his customers through it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, welcome to the thread! :duff

I know lots of people on this thread loathe Blas but I have to ask exactly what the problem is with him? I've been a part of the group for a while now, am semi-active, and have gotten some deals and sold stuff with no problem. I've bought only a couple things from Alex personally but I've yet to see anything suspicious or bad about him or the group overall. Sure, a lot of the members kiss ass and act like Alex is the godsend but asides from that what's the problem? To me, Alex is just a toy store owner that has a social media presence and personally communicates with his customers through it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, welcome to the thread! :duff
Boo! You're a Blas-phemite! Lol! I kid i kid!
But its very obvious he is xenophobic and has this attitude towards people who aren't American.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Boo! You're a Blas-phemite! Lol! I kid i kid!
But its very obvious he is xenophobic and has this attitude towards people who aren't American.

Isn't he Asian though lol? What do you mean, like he doesn't accommodate to international buyers or something or is he downright racist? I haven't encountered any of that and I'm Latino, but American.

Xenophobic how? His wife is hispanic, hes asian.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I haven't seen even a slight hint that he's in any way xenophobic, racist, or the like. The group is pretty diverse too. I've yet to see the problem everyone's talking about regarding him personally?

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Tin means that he refuses outright to sell ANY item to anyone outside America, and anyone who asks why gets hounded by his fanclub. Anyone who has problems just gets banned or gets made out to be a liar. He has a very toxic community too. I have witnessed it firsthand, not just passing heresay.

Tin means that he refuses outright to sell ANY item to anyone outside America, and anyone who asks why gets hounded by his fanclub. Anyone who has problems just gets banned or gets made out to be a liar. He has a very toxic community too. I have witnessed it firsthand, not just passing heresay.
Bingo!

Isn't he Asian though lol? What do you mean, like he doesn't accommodate to international buyers or something or is he downright racist? I haven't encountered any of that and I'm Latino, but American.
How you come up with the racist bit, i can never tell. Lol!

Damn didn't know that. He's missing out on a huge market and sales for no reason. His loss.

Regarding his groupies, yeah they're a bunch of kiss asses. He's just a dude that sells figures lol. It's not like they're any cheaper either...

I'm also not a fan of his gangster mentality.

How so? Ain't nothing gangster about him, at least nothing I've seen. Just his followers can get annoying with the constant random praise. Seems like a humble enough guy to me

How so? Ain't nothing gangster about him, at least nothing I've seen. Just his followers can get annoying with the constant random praise. Seems like a humble enough guy to me

He lets his goons do the talking.

Well to my surprise my PC Vegeta arrived today, two days earlier than expected. The postman left it in the mop bucket outside our door though. :lol

Anyway, solid figure. Not sure if I should have him displayed with 18 breaking his arm or not. As soon as I took him out the box he had an attitude about him. :lol

He lets his goons do the talking.

Ah I see what you mean. Luckily I've yet to have any problems but it sucks you guys have had these experiences. At the end of the day it's just a ****ing Facebook group lol. This thread is better anyways [emoji41]

I thought about that as well, but I like the new goku too much to put it up there.[emoji38] Also, piccolo and goku fought frieza together when goku wasn't ssj yet, so I like it for that. + seeing piccolo and normal goku together is cool too cause it reminds me of DB.

I figured [emoji38]

Well to my surprise my PC Vegeta arrived today, two days earlier than expected. The postman left it in the mop bucket outside our door though. :lol

Anyway, solid figure. Not sure if I should have him displayed with 18 breaking his arm or not. As soon as I took him out the box he had an attitude about him. :lol

Boot tip ain't accurate for the android 18 battle scene though.

Reason why Tamashii could do half ass releases and still are doing so is because majority of collectors are still buying each releases by the dozens.

Just like how Jordan brands were selling variants, 'remastered' OG that's no where near the quality of the OG. But it seems like the majority of collectors had enough of it, and there were a few major releases last year that weren't sold out in the usual 10-15min timeframe.

Color of the PCE feels a bit cartoony / toyish vibe. While the OG feels like an adult collectible that represents the anime colors.

Hopefully after a while it grows on me as I'd hate to shell out OG money.

Yeah, I agree.

I read pages back that the OG faces look flatter than the PCE, but I think it's just the opposite.. I mean, The Skin Tone of the OG Trunks (Faces, chest/neck and hands) has better shading applied, and an overall matt finish which look more datailed than the PCE (which is just the color of the plastic.. Flatter, toysh and too pale imo )

- Pants: The PCE pants looks better. That Grayish and matt/dull finish look better and appealing to me ( think it's the only thing I really like over the OG )

-Jacket: The OG color is better, and more anime accurate , however I preffer the Matt/Dull finish on the PCE -Mixed feelings- ::(

-Black Shirt and boots The PCE black shirt look ridiculously glossy, It should be matt/Dull instead, like the OG shirt. Boots however, are of a similar color and finish on bothversions (Maybe more orange in the OG, but nor sure)

-Accesories: The OG Trunks has 3 more faces and 4 more hands than the PCE. Easy choice here :lol

PCE Vegeta colors and finish look far better (Overall improvement) than the OG.and it's a "Must Buy" figure even if you have the OG Vegeta.. .However buying this PCE Trunks is a tough decision if you have the original.. :thud:

Last edited:
Well, if anyone still wanted to repaint the new ssgss head and faces normal ssj yellow, the unbranded bootleg company just put Goku out, oh and they are using ssj3 Gokus shoulders for anyone wanting to swap them out on a real one :lol

Back