S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's around when I started too! **brofist** and I completely agree! I collect lines with figures that start at $500+and I have NEVER seen second-hand inflation at the degree that I've seen these going for. SDCC 11 Goku going at a high of $800 when it was around $40 (give/take) is a 2,000% increase... absolutely insane. And that's why I ask and I appreciate your input because I don't know about you, but for the most part I unfortunately had to pay out of the butt for a lot of these figures. Worth it in the sense that I love my collection, but the prices were so hiked that it's the one line I collect where I go out of my way to forget what I paid for them. :(

And thanks for the instagram tip... I haven't been on that in a bit so I'll have to check it out!

Highest I've ever paid for one of these was $200 for a MIB SDCC Goku which is the one I have today. I would love to have a second one but he's damn near a grand. I only was able to start buying at retail when Normal Goku came out although I was able to get SSJ3, Scouter Vegeta, Cell, Frieza (my first), and two SDCC Pickles for very close to retail. My two Trunks's I got for around $100 each and both SDCC Gohan's were around $130 each. SSJ Vegeta was $160. It's crazy how the prices we considered high for some of these figures back then are steals today. I love reminiscing on the good ol days when I was a young collector fresh to the game.

I had some opportunities to get SDCC 11 Goku for $150, sealed. I didn't expect this jump in price (this was a year ago) but man, kinda regret. I'd bite just since I do like his colors...I was hopeful since I got SDCC Gohan for a real good deal.

I've missed on a lot of times to get good deals in this line, like another SDCC Gohan for $70, Trunks for $50 at a convention where I could have bartered with the seller to get him even cheaper...SSJ3 Goku for like, $40 I Think too. All sealed mind you! I'm just grateful at this point I Get a ton of B&N discounts on most of my Figuarts at this point, but man, did I wish I bit the bullet.

Anime Island pulled the same thing with me. After I sent them emails they shipped my order and then partially shipped some of my other ones. It's like they forget about certain orders. They need to have a better order management system in place cuz it's ridiculous how customers need to chase them down to ship orders.

Regarding Trunks that could most definitely have been their inspiration since the OG was already good enough in regards to coloring.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

yeaaaaaaah, i forgot who it was that mentioned it XD so it was you prod. Anime-Island was good but the end of this year has got me questioning them, i think if i have the extra cash i may go with toyz from now on.

If you need any help with the shading aspect, let me know. I have an airbrush and would be glad to help out. Jealous as hell of you and everyone else who are getting their Vegetas now. I need to start preordering at Amiami

Haha thanks man, unfortunately an airbrush machine is still a little out of my budget, so i use a combination of spray cans, hand brush technique like dry brushing, and gundam real touch markers for subtle shading. But i could use a tip on which color base coat i should i use for SSJ hair. Since gohan's hair is black it's gonna be tough (as well as the SSB goku hair), I am thinking a white base coat with dry brush yellow, but white coat on dark colors is gonna be difficult. I am also getting another regular goku soon and I'm planning to paint that into SDCC ssj colors (purple arm bands and sash, darken the blues) I could also use a few tips for that as well. I'm thinking either just go with a few layers of that light purple OR base coat with matte black and dry brush the light purple (to bring out details), not sure how i am gonna darken the blues, i was thinking of using black or blue real touch markers to darken it since hand brushing those parts seems like it's gonna be a pain haha.

Also, Amiami only carries regular releases, they do not get web exclusives for dbz (i got one of my SWA goku's from them) . For web exclusives youre gonna have to go to sites like nippon-yassan and HLJ

Great deal on Goku and Gohan. What other lines do you collect?

I'm big on diecast, Japanese Super Robots. Lines like Fewture Models EX Gokin and Bandai's Soul of Chogokin are my stuff. To a lesser, non-completist degree I'm also into Gundams and Transformers.

So, mostly robot stuff and some anime lines (like DBZ.) How about you?

Highest I've ever paid for one of these was $200 for a MIB SDCC Goku which is the one I have today. I would love to have a second one but he's damn near a grand. I only was able to start buying at retail when Normal Goku came out although I was able to get SSJ3, Scouter Vegeta, Cell, Frieza (my first), and two SDCC Pickles for very close to retail. My two Trunks's I got for around $100 each and both SDCC Gohan's were around $130 each. SSJ Vegeta was $160. It's crazy how the prices we considered high for some of these figures back then are steals today. I love reminiscing on the good ol days when I was a young collector fresh to the game.

ha, yea man... your story kind of makes me cringe thinking about how much those same toys may be a few years from now even. I wonder how they're going to fare out.

I'm big on diecast, Japanese Super Robots. Lines like Fewture Models EX Gokin and Bandai's Soul of Chogokin are my stuff. To a lesser, non-completist degree I'm also into Gundams and Transformers.

So, mostly robot stuff and some anime lines (like DBZ.) How about you?

Well I recently moved to a new house, so I sold off most of my collection to give me some extra cash. After the dust settled, I have a random spattering, mostly old Kenner star wars figures and vintage stuff. I kept one figuart (scouter vegeta), all of my gundam model kits (mostly because they have 0 resale value), and a few bits and bobs from various toy lines. I have PC Vegeta, Awakened Goku, and PC Trunks on preorder, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep them all. I'm also stepping into the new figuarts star wars line with hesitation (mostly want Han, Chewie and Old Ben). I have been building the star wars model kits, which I really dig. But I've moved on from doing full complete displays, and now am focusing on creating a nice looking shelf with an assorted mix of figures from various lines.

okay sorry about the triple posts guys haha but since we are talking about where we started i will include my details as well.

I lurked on the shf dbz line since it was new, but did not buy them at first. At the time i was hoping bandai would continue their MG figurise dbz line (they didnt :slap ). I had a chance to get SDCC 11 Goku for like $60 and did not, and while browsing wondered why he was double the price of manga goku (how ignorant of me), but still i did not bite. THEN i actually had OG trunks IN HAND...AT A STORE..when he first came out, i looked at him and debated but just put him right back down ( i was buying gundams at the time), there were a bunch on the shelf too ( so stupid of me!). So finally when the dbz figurise seemed to finally be cancelled i started looking more into buying shf DBZ. That was around when frieza, sdcc piccolo, ssj 3 goku, and scouter vegeta came ou. I stupidly skipped out on both since for some reason i felt i did not need frieza (regret it to this day) and skipped out on SDCC piccolo since i thought i would be satisfied with manga piccolo. I originally POed my manga goku and piccolo from kappahobby.

I was watching two huge dbz hauls on ebay at the time. One had pretty much all figures released at the time loose but with seint seiya cloth myth stands (cell, frieza, scouter vegeta, sdcc 11 goku, manga gohan, not sure if it was sdcc piccolo or not, ssj vegeta, trunks, and ssj 3 goku). Another lot had less figures but had their boxes (cell, sdcc gohan, first release goku, first release piccolo, scouter vegeta, trunks [sword peg damaged on back but he fixed it for me] and a bag of tamashii stands). I ended up going with the second haul since the larger haul went over what i wanted (a good amount over) and got the second haul for a little less than $400, and i figured sdcc gohan and trunks pretty much paid for the haul, and i added the original datong ssj vegeta to that (my first figure since it shipped faster).Doing the math it would come out to about $60 something per figure though. I think i was hunting around end of 2013 and made the purchases early 2014, and i have been collecting these ever since, i skipped out on ssj3 goku because i thought he was too damn ugly haha so I now have a datong head on my manga goku body (looks great imo) but i am hoping to replace it with PCE ssj3 goku, but i will forever kick myself for skipping out on sdcc 11 goku and sdcc piccolo for $60 each! oh also skipped out on krillin because krillin, should have got two of him though so i could do a bojack custom of gohan and have another character to go with A18.

Sorry for the long post, but thank you to anyone who read this :) :clap

[...] oh also skipped out on krillin because krillin, should have got two of him though so i could do a bojack custom of gohan and have another character to go with A18.

What do you mean because Krillin!!!! He's so great!

yeaaaaaaah, i forgot who it was that mentioned it XD so it was you prod. Anime-Island was good but the end of this year has got me questioning them, i think if i have the extra cash i may go with toyz from now on.

Yeah, too much hassle and stress involved. Once my remaining orders are shipped, I'm done with Anime-Island until they decide to get their **** together. For pre-orders they've been failing hard. For in stock stuff they're still pretty good though.

okay sorry about the triple posts guys haha but since we are talking about where we started i will include my details as well.

I lurked on the shf dbz line since it was new, but did not buy them at first. At the time i was hoping bandai would continue their MG figurise dbz line (they didnt :slap ). I had a chance to get SDCC 11 Goku for like $60 and did not, and while browsing wondered why he was double the price of manga goku (how ignorant of me), but still i did not bite. THEN i actually had OG trunks IN HAND...AT A STORE..when he first came out, i looked at him and debated but just put him right back down ( i was buying gundams at the time), there were a bunch on the shelf too ( so stupid of me!). So finally when the dbz figurise seemed to finally be cancelled i started looking more into buying shf DBZ. That was around when frieza, sdcc piccolo, ssj 3 goku, and scouter vegeta came ou. I stupidly skipped out on both since for some reason i felt i did not need frieza (regret it to this day) and skipped out on SDCC piccolo since i thought i would be satisfied with manga piccolo. I originally POed my manga goku and piccolo from kappahobby.

I was watching two huge dbz hauls on ebay at the time. One had pretty much all figures released at the time loose but with seint seiya cloth myth stands (cell, frieza, scouter vegeta, sdcc 11 goku, manga gohan, not sure if it was sdcc piccolo or not, ssj vegeta, trunks, and ssj 3 goku). Another lot had less figures but had their boxes (cell, sdcc gohan, first release goku, first release piccolo, scouter vegeta, trunks [sword peg damaged on back but he fixed it for me] and a bag of tamashii stands). I ended up going with the second haul since the larger haul went over what i wanted (a good amount over) and got the second haul for a little less than $400, and i figured sdcc gohan and trunks pretty much paid for the haul, and i added the original datong ssj vegeta to that (my first figure since it shipped faster).Doing the math it would come out to about $60 something per figure though. I think i was hunting around end of 2013 and made the purchases early 2014, and i have been collecting these ever since, i skipped out on ssj3 goku because i thought he was too damn ugly haha so I now have a datong head on my manga goku body (looks great imo) but i am hoping to replace it with PCE ssj3 goku, but i will forever kick myself for skipping out on sdcc 11 goku and sdcc piccolo for $60 each! oh also skipped out on krillin because krillin, should have got two of him though so i could do a bojack custom of gohan and have another character to go with A18.

Because Krillin :rotfl

I used to feel the same about him but after re-watching DB and now finishing up Kai, I like the little guy. He's always there even if he doesn't do anything and is some great comic relief. Not to mention TFS Krillin is amazing. SENZU BEAN! Also, the figure is one of the best (aside from the painted eyes and the crappy Destructo Disc).

What do you mean because Krillin!!!! He's so great!

haha well he's never been a fave character of mine (i know how important he was to the story though), and i also know he's a great figure minus the crappy destructo disc as mentioned. At the time though, i prioritized other figures and characters i liked more and i DID debate on getting him as there was a few great deals for him, i kept lagging it and i definitely cannot justify the second hand market price for him now especially if i was not dead set on him when he was first released. I only regret it a little bit because he's the only non-saiyan z-warrior released so far besides piccolo and would have added a great variety to my display, especially with how i have goku and gohan posed with terry bogard like theyre about to take a photo. I could have had krillin there or have him there with 18 kissing him.

Idk if i'll ever get another chance at krillin for a decent price BUT if kid goku comes out along with kid krillin then for sure i'd get those. You guys making me regret not getting him now! :lol :gah:

Being newer, what do you think of the second hand pricing on this line? Have you been able to find some decent deals on past figures?

I've actually never bought anything on the secondary market. I'm missing all of the SDCC exclusives, Trunks, Cell, Frieza, SS3 Goku, SS Vegeta, and Scouter Vegeta. I bought every figure after Android 18. As much as I love these figures paying 200+ is too rich for my blood. Especially since they're only 6 inch figures. I would be willing to pay over 100 depending on the character

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I recently moved to a new house, so I sold off most of my collection to give me some extra cash. After the dust settled, I have a random spattering, mostly old Kenner star wars figures and vintage stuff. I kept one figuart (scouter vegeta), all of my gundam model kits (mostly because they have 0 resale value), and a few bits and bobs from various toy lines. I have PC Vegeta, Awakened Goku, and PC Trunks on preorder, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep them all. I'm also stepping into the new figuarts star wars line with hesitation (mostly want Han, Chewie and Old Ben). I have been building the star wars model kits, which I really dig. But I've moved on from doing full complete displays, and now am focusing on creating a nice looking shelf with an assorted mix of figures from various lines.

Yea, I hear you. We moved into a house last year and I actually have more room but more stuff so I've been keeping all of my MG Gundam stuff in boxes until I figure out a way to display them that doesn't look hobo-esque. I'd love to just sell them but like you said, kits aren't worth jack.

I like how you think in terms of smaller displays of stuff you actually want. I like having a "complete" collection but at the same time even with my DBZs I look at certain ones like SDCC vegeta and I know I wouldn't have bought it if not for wanting a complete collection.

Dude... you yamcha'd Krillin, hahahahaha. That's awesome.

Honestly, I hope a proper Bojack Gohan comes out. It's my favorite outfit for him!

Awesome that you got into this with some really good prices per!

I've actually never bought anything on the secondary market. I'm missing all of the SDCC exclusives, Trunks, Cell, Frieza, SS3 Goku, SS Vegeta, and Scouter Vegeta. I bought every figure after Android 18. As much as I love these figures paying 200+ is too rich for my blood. Especially since they're only 6 inch figures. I would be willing to pay over 100 depending on the character

Even though I went a different route, I absolutely agree with you.

Pc vegeta looks pretty good. The BoG-esque colors have grown on me. Even the hair, I like it. Looking forward to Trunks

haha well he's never been a fave character of mine (i know how important he was to the story though), and i also know he's a great figure minus the crappy destructo disc as mentioned. At the time though, i prioritized other figures and characters i liked more and i DID debate on getting him as there was a few great deals for him, i kept lagging it and i definitely cannot justify the second hand market price for him now especially if i was not dead set on him when he was first released. I only regret it a little bit because he's the only non-saiyan z-warrior released so far besides piccolo and would have added a great variety to my display, especially with how i have goku and gohan posed with terry bogard like theyre about to take a photo. I could have had krillin there or have him there with 18 kissing him.

Idk if i'll ever get another chance at krillin for a decent price BUT if kid goku comes out along with kid krillin then for sure i'd get those. You guys making me regret not getting him now! :lol :gah:

You may be in luck with getting Krillin since rumor has it he may be getting a PC release. It's a rumor based off of a "leak" on Reddit from a former Bandai employee so take it with a cup of salt. IF they actually do end up making a PC Krillin all I'd really care about are having unpainted eyes. The current Krillin has the perfect sculpt and gi color so I would just be looking for a headswap and nothing more.

You may be in luck with getting Krillin since rumor has it he may be getting a PC release. It's a rumor based off of a "leak" on Reddit from a former Bandai employee so take it with a cup of salt. IF they actually do end up making a PC Krillin all I'd really care about are having unpainted eyes. The current Krillin has the perfect sculpt and gi color so I would just be looking for a headswap and nothing more.

oh yeah! i totally forgot about the possibility of a PC krillin! Although personally, i prefer the look he had in the saiyan saga, early namek, and RoF, his orange gi with no undershirt and the flat shoes, but his cell saga look isnt too bad either though. Well if the leaks are completely true then i may be getting PC cell, PC ssj3 goku and PC Krillin.

Dude... you yamcha'd Krillin, hahahahaha. That's awesome.

Honestly, I hope a proper Bojack Gohan comes out. It's my favorite outfit for him!

Awesome that you got into this with some really good prices per!

i didn't think about it like that! that's pretty funny! and yeah bojack gohan is my favorite outfit for him too (even though this line is plagued with too many orange gi's as it is). Yeah i consider myself pretty lucky with that haul and ever since then i have not seen hauls as good and for as great a price either.

I'm assuming the completist route?

i didn't think about it like that! that's pretty funny! and yeah bojack gohan is my favorite outfit for him too (even though this line is plagued with too many orange gi's as it is). Yeah i consider myself pretty lucky with that haul and ever since then i have not seen hauls as good and for as great a price either.

I never even thought about the amt of orange gis...geez.

Back