S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My top picks for 2016

Gotenks
SSGSSJ Vegeta
Buutenks
Majin Vegeta

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It shows at the very least that whoever is in charge of Dragon Ball in Tamashii is focusing on the Buu Saga. Even if it is for Figuarts Zero, I wouldn't be surprised if our next S.H. releases are mainly Buu Saga

What do you guys think is a possible lineup for next year? Here's mine:

Trunks
Buutenks
Buuhan
SSJ4 Goku
Beerus
SSGSSG Vegeta
Majin/Buu Saga Vegeta
Kid Buu
Nappa
Super Buu
Gotenks
Whis

And my random pick:

Bardock

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I think those are too many. We have 16, vegetto, U Gohan, RoF Goku, RoF Frieza, Awakening Goku and ssj Vegeta this year. Exclusives I don't count because they're a common devider, we get one every year (no we did not get two this year, it was just two different places they released it). So that's 7 new releases (Vegeta and Trunks aren't straight up rereleases). They're not gonna go from 7 to 12. Now realise that 1 of them is a rerelease with a new head, 2 of them are retooled repainted rereleases, and 1 of them is a repaint. Strictly speaking, I'd only call 16, awakening goku and RoF goku truly NEW releases of this year. Last year we also got 3 fully new releases (17,18 and broly). If anything, I can see them upping that by one more next year and I think with Beerus, Jaco, Buu(s) and maybe RoF Vegeta (he's a grey one, literally and figuratively and literally figuratively) we could already be at 3-5 of the truly NEW figures we'll get next year. That makes for +/- 3 slots of retools and repaints left.

It depends what they're gonna focus on, Buu era, DBS/movie era, types that featured in both or they could wanna backtrack because they're tired of Blood screaming Nappa at their office in Japan every day (because that's where Blood went I think). But I'd count it like this: Beerus (1), Buu(s)(2.5), RoF Vegeta(3) and Jaco(4), because they've been shown and have the hype right now. We'll get a surprise new release (5), and we'll get 1-3 easy cashers a la U Gohan and PC rereleases, 1 of which is already known, Trunks(6). That's 6 total already, leaving a retool out if we wanna get to this years 7, unless we count Buu as 2, in which case we're at 7.

Shortly put I think there's about 3 releases we don't know of yet: a retool (could be majin vegeta), a second possible PC release (could be you-know-who) and a surprise release (a la Broly and Awakening Goku, could be Nappa, could be ssj4 Goku, could be Popo, a big fat '?'). That makes 1-2 more releases than this year, which is about what we can feasibly hope for I'd say.

That's about the best count-based prediction I can make I think.

Shortly put I think there's about 3 releases we don't know of yet: a retool (could be majin vegeta), a second possible PC release (could be you-know-who) and a surprise release (a la Broly and Awakening Goku, could be Nappa, could be ssj4 Goku, could be Popo, a big fat '?').

11025937_1119170351432022_7047279009822875481_n.jpg

I think those are too many. We have 16, vegetto, U Gohan, RoF Goku, RoF Frieza, Awakening Goku and ssj Vegeta this year. Exclusives I don't count because they're a common devider, we get one every year (no we did not get two this year, it was just two different places they released it). So that's 7 new releases (Vegeta and Trunks aren't straight up rereleases). They're not gonna go from 7 to 12. Now realise that 1 of them is a rerelease with a new head, 2 of them are retooled repainted rereleases, and 1 of them is a repaint. Strictly speaking, I'd only call 16, awakening goku and RoF goku truly NEW releases of this year. Last year we also got 3 fully new releases (17,18 and broly). If anything, I can see them upping that by one more next year and I think with Beerus, Jaco, Buu(s) and maybe RoF Vegeta (he's a grey one, literally and figuratively and literally figuratively) we could already be at 3-5 of the truly NEW figures we'll get next year. That makes for +/- 3 slots of retools and repaints left.

It depends what they're gonna focus on, Buu era, DBS/movie era, types that featured in both or they could wanna backtrack because they're tired of Blood screaming Nappa at their office in Japan every day (because that's where Blood went I think). But I'd count it like this: Beerus (1), Buu(s)(2.5), RoF Vegeta(3) and Jaco(4), because they've been shown and have the hype right now. We'll get a surprise new release (5), and we'll get 1-3 easy cashers a la U Gohan and PC rereleases, 1 of which is already known, Trunks(6). That's 6 total already, leaving a retool out if we wanna get to this years 7, unless we count Buu as 2, in which case we're at 7.

Shortly put I think there's about 3 releases we don't know of yet: a retool (could be majin vegeta), a second possible PC release (could be you-know-who) and a surprise release (a la Broly and Awakening Goku, could be Nappa, could be ssj4 Goku, could be Popo, a big fat '?'). That makes 1-2 more releases than this year, which is about what we can feasibly hope for I'd say.

That's about the best count-based prediction I can make I think.

Basing it soley on numbers and not differentiating between retools or not, I don't think 12 is too bad of a number. Might be a little too optimistic to be honest but seeing how the line has exploded this year, I think next year is gonna blow us all away. I got a little excited and it turned from a prediction to a wish list :lol

Really thinking about it, here's how I'm looking 2016 will be based on the upward trend in releases since the line started. I won't include SDCC or the manga re-releases since they don't take up release spots.

2009: 1 release (Manga Piccolo)
2010: 2 releases (Manga Goku, Manga Gohan)
2011: 1 release (Android Saga SSJ Vegeta)
2012: 3 releases (Future Trunks, SSJ3 Goku, Perfect Cell)
2013: 3 releases (Scouter Vegeta, Frieza, Krillin)
2014: 4 releases (Post Namek Base Goku, Android 16, Android 17, Broly)
2015: 7 releases (Vegito, Android 16, Ultimate Gohan, SSGSS Goku, Golden Frieza, Cell Saga Vegeta, Awakened Goku)
2016: 10-12? (Future Trunks, Buuhan, Buutenks, Beerus, Jaco, SSGSS Vegeta) these are pretty much a given. SSJ4 Goku is unknown since he's been in hiding and Nappa and Shenron have been wildcards for years so they have the least chances of being made, although Nappa has the best chance imo cuz of Broly and their "promise"

A lot of the newer releases like SSGSS Goku, Golden Frieza, Vegeta, and Awakened Goku were actually revealed in the later half of the year and they went from announcement to release in a matter of a few months which has never really happened in this line. Some of these releases are even coming out the same month, which is crazy in and of itself. We've already got 5 figures that are pretty much confirmed to be released sometime in 2016, my guess is they'll take up the first half of the year. By the time it's mid 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly gave us a new wave of figures to complete the rest of the year like they did this year. Adding in DBS to the mix, there may be figures of characters we don't even know of yet that could possibly be released too. To be safe, I'd say we could possibly get a good 10 characters next year.

I want Kid Buu to complete the main line villains and Tien + Yamcha to complete the rest of the major Z fighter cast. Would also be down for a Great Saiyaman - he was the only figure that was on the original DBZ figuarts poll that never got made...

Were Beerus or Special Edition Trunks ever posted to amazon? Wondering if I missed these guys...

Were Beerus or Special Edition Trunks ever posted to amazon? Wondering if I missed these guys...

Neither of them are listed on Amazon. Original Trunks is still listed but at scalper price. Amazon even removed the pre-order for the battle damaged Goku.

Trunks is on BBTS though, but Premium Colors Vegeta is sold out there. Awakened Goku is also still up on BBTS

Speaking of BBTS, they finally got their reissue D-Arts Zero Type 2. Been waiting forever on that!

Does the premium color trunks come with that "powering up" energy field thing, or is that a separate piece just included for demo purposes in the photos?

Have you guys seen this?

cb9f6c50381a9cc2cd09e2fc870cda54.jpg

At the current price, each of them is $265 a piece! They are all new though.

even individually, they are still overpriced. SHFiguarts are worth no more than $50, but the asking price will almost always be double or triple that amount. this is the world we live in

Neither of them are listed on Amazon. Old trunks is with scalper price is still listed there though. Amazon even removed the pre-order for the battle damaged Goku.

Hmm... Wondering if it was actually removed or if all the preorders were sold

I tried to order a Figuarts Zero SS Goku from Bluefin's webstore. Well, they never shipped it out and never responded to my emails, so I had to go to my bank and dispute the charge, which ended up going in my favor. At least I got my money back, but I can't believe how this turned out. :dunno

Basing it soley on numbers and not differentiating between retools or not, I don't think 12 is too bad of a number. Might be a little too optimistic to be honest but seeing how the line has exploded this year, I think next year is gonna blow us all away. I got a little excited and it turned from a prediction to a wish list :lol

Really thinking about it, here's how I'm looking 2016 will be based on the upward trend in releases since the line started. I won't include SDCC or the manga re-releases since they don't take up release spots.

2009: 1 release (Manga Piccolo)
2010: 2 releases (Manga Goku, Manga Gohan)
2011: 1 release (Android Saga SSJ Vegeta)
2012: 3 releases (Future Trunks, SSJ3 Goku, Perfect Cell)
2013: 3 releases (Scouter Vegeta, Frieza, Krillin)
2014: 4 releases (Post Namek Base Goku, Android 16, Android 17, Broly)
2015: 7 releases (Vegito, Android 16, Ultimate Gohan, SSGSS Goku, Golden Frieza, Cell Saga Vegeta, Awakened Goku)
2016: 10-12? (Future Trunks, Buuhan, Buutenks, Beerus, Jaco) these are pretty much a given. SSJ4 Goku is unknown since he's been in hiding and Nappa and Shenron have been wildcards for years so they have the least chances of being made, although Nappa has the best chance imo cuz of Broly and their "promise"

A lot of the newer releases like SSGSS Goku, Golden Frieza, Vegeta, and Awakened Goku were actually revealed in the later half of the year and they went from announcement to release in a matter of a few months which has never really happened in this line. Some of these releases are even coming out the same month, which is crazy in and of itself. We've already got 5 figures that are pretty much confirmed to be released sometime in 2016, my guess is they'll take up the first half of the year. By the time it's mid 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly gave us a new wave of figures to complete the rest of the year like they did this year. Adding in DBS to the mix, there may be figures of characters we don't even know of yet that could possibly be released too. To be safe, I'd say we could possibly get a good 10 characters next year.

Your forgetting SSGSSJ Vegeta I'd say he has better chances of being released next year than Jaco....

BOOM!

ssj3Gotenks.jpg
ssj3Gotenks2.jpg

Back