S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They still look horrific and in dire need of paint! Sorry but you wont convince me on this man. These figures shine because of their paint apps and articulation, take the paint away and you have a decently articulated prototype at best.
I agree THESE DBZ figures aren't meant to be done in black and white it's not for all figures, those ninjas turtles from NECA worked great with the black and white but it doesn't mean everything else will too
Edit: not to say youre the one who wants the black and white Big D haha
Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

HEY HEY HEY NOW
16c185ca3ab0532871eee2428a012797.jpg

The ultimate figures had there flaws (the snap off shirts broke easily) but they were good figures. But now all these bootlegs are taking over the Kai line (which was just Goku, piccolo, and Vegeta) I have the Kai line Goku.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Honestly if an unpainted prototype if SS Vegeta popped up on ebay then I would buy that in a heartbeat lol. That would be pretty awesome & unique to have!

I'm not saying the UFS line in itself was bad, i'm talking about their attempt at grayscale figures which likely ended the line. I have them all, and some customs, and yes, a couple bootlegs because I thought they looked cool [emoji14]

0ecda1b9fa7c06c75c772cf5de735afb.jpg

Honestly if an unpainted prototype if SS Vegeta popped up on ebay then I would buy that in a heartbeat lol. That would be pretty awesome & unique to have!

Yes, so would I...... because its a prototype and like you said, unique. If they were the norm i wouldnt go near it.

Something with limited appeal like B&W figures would make a cool SDCC exclusive, which I might be tempted to purchase, but not a regular release. PAK did this exact thing with their first series of Arkham figures a few years ago and they looked pretty good.

These were the toynami 4inch figures. The line was Naruto, ****shi, and itachi, then were were 3 exclusives minato, sage Naruto, and nine tail chakara Naruto. Dediara, gaara, and sasuke were supposed to come out years ago. Toynami still has them as "coming soon" on their website.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

I completely forgot there was a Naruto figuarts line TBH :slap After seeing that MMPR display yesterday I'm wishing I picked that line up from the beginning too!

Now I know you have to be trolling man, those are absolutely hideous. I would rather quit collecting figuarts than buy anything remotely similar to those. Colour or nothing.

Yeah, if they started doing black and white, it's quitting time. Those figures are ******ing ugly as hell. I'm sure Figuarts would look WAYYYYY better but please Tamashii, if you're reading this, DON"T DO BLACK AND WHITE. Color is better everytime.

Something with limited appeal like B&W figures would make a cool SDCC exclusive, which I might be tempted to purchase, but not a regular release. PAK did this exact thing with their first series of Arkham figures a few years ago and they looked pretty good.

I feel like it'd be a waste of an exclusive. I personally want to be able to buy an SDCC figure and if they do black and white from now on, that's one less figure to get.

I feel like it'd be a waste of an exclusive. I personally want to be able to buy an SDCC figure and if they do black and white from now on, that's one less figure to get.

As a UK resident it's quite nice when I can skip SDCC exclusives and not feel like I'm missing out. This is why I was actually happy to see the Vegeta repaint last year, since I had no interest in it. I collect multiple lines that have SDCC figures and scalper prices/international postage/customs fees can make July a really expensive month. If I lived in the USA I'd probably feel pretty differently though!

They still look horrific and in dire need of paint! Sorry but you wont convince me on this man. These figures shine because of their paint apps and articulation, take the paint away and you have a decently articulated prototype at best.

it isn't like the Figuarts figures are doused in paint. So far the only figures that received extensive paint jobs have been SS Goku (outfit was painted but skin wasn't) and Krillin (entire figure is covered in paint, except on the joints). Every other figure was made with colored plastic that featured subtle shading (with a matte finish to cover everything up which hides the glossy plastic underneath - not a knock on it, the matte finish is absolutely essential). Normal Goku might count since they painted the skin on that one (for some reason) but the outfit just has shading.

as for a B&W Goku...while a 100% true to the manga version sounds interesting I'm not sure if it would really work or not.

FiguartsGokuTemplate_zpsdpsdy63s.png

@MagpieMad, I can understand if you're an international customer and how expensive it must be to import these figures. I just want as many figures as I can get since I have a voracious addiction that has to be quenched for these figures! I welcome as many figures as they wanna give us but black and white is where I draw the line. They wouldn't fit with the rest of the line and consistency comes first imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC is going with a B&W version of batman for SDCC '15, which looks nice, like its really drawn
DC33221lg.jpg

bfe6d9a5fb07ce132afec9fa6d01d7fc.jpg

These beg to differ

These are so rare in regards to execution. They have line work to focus the inking/shading on. I can't imaging a DBZ S.H. Figuarts being anywhere close to that.

Edited: Maybe Scouter and/or Super Saiyan Vegeta with the armor.

The same guy that Psycho has been posting about, David Bellamy, has 5 MexiGokus. So there was a loophole.

Back