S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's silly and stupid. They have a shot at making tons of profit if they reissue some in demand DBZ figures, but they don't want to. 😒

Yeah it sucks which is why I'm sticking with the Zero's besides the upcoming figures like Vegito and whatever the SDCC EX will be.

One of the reasons why I usually never preorder stuff; the preorder for whatever reason gets cancelled or delayed like the day before it's supposed to get released. I don't understand how people get excited when a site puts up preorders for an item that won't be released 6 months or even a year from now (or when a site puts up a preorder even when the item doesn't even have an ETA). I'd rather wait for said item to be available & confirmed released than put down money on it only for them to be like "lol sorry we had it but we dunno wat happen"

n-no disrespect to those that do preorder tho o_o just sharing my thoughts mixed with personal experience/what i constantly witness

I use Amazon for a lot of different things and have Prime Membership and it's nice to pre-order through them because you don't pay until they ship it to you. I do pre-order through Toyz in the Box at times though because they have the "early bird discount."

@Ang we don't know and based on the non-answers of tamashii they don't either.

I feel that's worse than Tamashii possibly keeping hush about it.

Edited:
Unfortunately, probably not. If we get another as vegeta he will be a different version.

Which I'm actually glad about as long as Tamashii follows up on it relatively soon. I like the Android Saga Super Saiyan Vegeta but there are slight improvements that could be made to make the figure, overall, better than the original release.

I'll honestly be alright with the same body, boot tips, and the normal head as a release.

The three to the left of SDCC Super Saiyan Goku are the non-web exclusives, which are able to be re-issued. Everything to the right of SDCC Super Saiyan Goku are web exclusives, which will not be re-issued.

(SDCC Super Saiyan Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta were SDCC Comic-Con Exclusives.)

View attachment 174801

...Why is Tamashii still making these web exclusives? I thought they only do that if the series isn't doing well?

That picture makes it clear how undersized they made Cell. I mean, wow, he is tiny compared to the anime. But tbh so is Piccolo.

People...

We just came off a HISTORICAL Port Strike that lasted longer than previous Port Strikes. When you have MOUNTAINS of tractor trailer sized shipping crates at the port and boats just floating in harbors with no one to transport and unload all that stuff for MONTHS, you just don't go back to normal after a deal is struck and operations resume.

Its been reported it will take AT LEAST 2-3 months to get operations "back to normal" and fix the epic backlog of work that has plagued the West Coast Ports. Crates have been sitting there, and piling up...and up and up and up.

Expect ALL your pre-orders to likely be delayed.

Ports Workers Face Huge Backlog After Dispute Ends - NBC News

...Why is Tamashii still making these web exclusives? I thought they only do that if the series isn't doing well?

because japan isn't usa? a while ago i posted the selling numbers of bandai in general and sure the numbers grew over the years (most likely thanks to the new movies). yet it wasn't the same as one piece, gundam or kamen rider. and im talking about general stuff, not tamashii nations specific. how much % of the numbers went to figuarts, i cant say. just be glad dbz isn't taking the same road as one piece with making just zeros or naruto that seems to be on a hiatus atm.

side note. the numbers for one piece were dropping and the new leader is the newcomer yokai watch.

and also, 'merica has a big ego, thinking they're the world, finding themselves very important. blah blah blah but sadly for you guys, japan doesn't really care. now bluefin on the other hand is trying to change policies so you can get your hands on ss vegeta again.

because japan isn't usa? a while ago i posted the selling numbers of bandai in general and sure the numbers grew over the years (most likely thanks to the new movies). yet it wasn't the same as one piece, gundam or kamen rider. and im talking about general stuff, not tamashii nations specific. how much % of the numbers went to figuarts, i cant say. just be glad dbz isn't taking the same road as one piece with making just zeros or naruto that seems to be on a hiatus atm.

side note. the numbers for one piece were dropping and the new leader is the newcomer yokai watch.

and also, 'merica has a big ego, thinking they're the world, finding themselves very important. blah blah blah but sadly for you guys, japan doesn't really care. now bluefin on the other hand is trying to change policies so you can get your hands on ss vegeta again.

At this point I would take any version of Future Trunks or SSJ Vegeta figuarts.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

because japan isn't usa? a while ago i posted the selling numbers of bandai in general and sure the numbers grew over the years (most likely thanks to the new movies). yet it wasn't the same as one piece, gundam or kamen rider. just be glad dbz isn't taking the same road as one piece with making just zeros or naruto that seems to be on a hiatus atm.

I was just questioning how Bandai determines what line becomes web exclusive. Sailor Moon and the Batman/Joker Injustice started off without the shippers but now they're both in the web exclusive category. I'm curious to see if anything has been changed from web exclusive to regular release.

Was it this forum where you posted those numbers?

At this point I would take any version of Future Trunks or SSJ Vegeta figuarts.

we all do, even the peeps who has trunks and vegeta would gladly take a long haired trunks and namek or majin vegeta. just gotta be more patient and voice it out. it sucks to be late gamer, but that's with most things :/

we all do, even the peeps who has trunks and vegeta would gladly take a long haired trunks and namek or majin vegeta. just gotta be more patient and voice it out. it sucks to be late gamer, but that's with most things :/

Yeah for sure. Oh well Vegito should be a good release. I wonder what the SDCC ex will be. My guess is Long Haired Trunks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427236339584.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427236339584.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 194
Yeah for sure. Oh well Vegito should be a good release. I wonder what the SDCC ex will be. My guess is Long Haired Trunks.

Long haired Trunks needs a release of its own. His body is bigger than Vegeta's and would need a new sculpt along with new head sculpts. This is definitely the next Future Trunks that should be made though.

I was just questioning how Bandai determines what line becomes web exclusive. Sailor Moon and the Batman/Joker Injustice started off without the shippers but now they're both in the web exclusive category. I'm curious to see if anything has been changed from web exclusive to regular release.

Was it this forum where you posted those numbers?

yeah, here it is again. it's taken from kotaku, which took it from 2ch.

bandai.png

sailor moon isn't on it. but i guess tamashii believes that the outer senshi isn't that popular in japan. i don't think something went from ex to normal. ex's are usually figures they believe wont sell well or variants. hence why they can't bring out a variant of vegeta cause he's already an ex? hence that they're trying to change the policy.

take this wolf predator, he's a regular release.

img_pw_01.jpg

now this is the ex variant.

banl156.jpg

notice the difference? he got more assecoires then the regular. now why not do this with vegeta, just give it more faces and hands, right? but vegeta is already an ex.

yeah, here it is again. it's taken from kotaku, which took it from 2ch.

bandai.png

sailor moon isn't on it. but i guess tamashii believes that the outer senshi isn't that popular of sailor moon. i don't think something went from ex to normal. ex's are usually figures they believe wont sell well or variants. hence why they can't bring out a variant of vegeta cause he's already an ex? hence that they're trying to change the policy.

take this wolf predator, he's a regular release.

img_pw_01.jpg

now this is the ex variant.

banl156.jpg

notice the difference? he got more assecoires then the regular. now why not do this with vegeta, just give it more faces and hands, right? but vegeta is already an ex.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the Gundam and Kamen Rider. Holy ****. Power Rangers is a surprise. I never heard of Aikatsu, Anpanman, or Pretty Cure. ...After seeing this, it really does put a lot about Dragon Ball Z into perspective.

What the heck happened to One Piece?

That's interesting. I know the Bandai/Tamashii representative at NYCC mentioned that would cause a problem even with the accessories from the regular and that a different version would be more appropriate. It's more understandable after you used that example.

Thanks, blood!

Wow, you weren't kidding about the Gundam and Kamen Rider. Holy ****. Power Rangers is a surprise. I never heard of Aikatsu, Anpanman, or Pretty Cure. ...After seeing this, it really does put a lot about Dragon Ball Z into perspective.

What the heck happened to One Piece?

That's interesting. I know the Bandai/Tamashii representative at NYCC mentioned that would cause a problem even with the accessories from the regular and that a different version would be more appropriate. It's more understandable after you used that example.

Thanks, blood!

people spend their money more on yokai watch now? but that doesn't mean one piece is losing popularity though. is the second best selling manga atm with attack on titan on 1st place. and it was for four years straight number one and the volumes still selling over 2 million copies. it's just decreasing in merchandise, because yokai watch. yep blame it all on that xD

The Wolf Predator is sort of a strange situation though and TECHNICALLY Tamashii should do that with Vegeta.

The Wolf has two incarnations in the movie. The regular version is how he "starts out", you'll notice he only has one plasmacaster and he does come with one item the Web Exclusive (or Heavy Armor/Heavy Armed) doesn't...the Cleaner Kit.

The Heavy Armed version follows the character's look in the second half of the movie. He used/lost the Cleaner Kit (to blow up the crashed Pred ship) and also acquired more weapons like an extra plasmacaster on his other should and picks up more shurikens and has the mines over his bandolier. Why did Tamashii do the character again and sell it as a "Web Exclusive"? Likely to make more money off of the molding and tooling that went into the figure and the Regular release didn't do as well.

However, Tamashii doesn't specify how "specific" their Web Exclusive policy is. Technically, Vegeta's appearance and look does change slightly from the Android saga to the Cell saga. He gets the yellow boot-tips for one and even goes through his "Super Vegeta" buff incarnation. I would even argue that he looks bigger (and is drawn with more muscle definition) in the Cell saga than the Android saga.

The Wolf Predator is sort of a strange situation though and TECHNICALLY Tamashii should do that with Vegeta.

The Wolf has two incarnations in the movie. The regular version is how he "starts out", you'll notice he only has one plasmacaster and he does come with one item the Web Exclusive (or Heavy Armor/Heavy Armed) doesn't...the Cleaner Kit.

The Heavy Armed version follows the character's look in the second half of the movie. He used/lost the Cleaner Kit (to blow up the crashed Pred ship) and also acquired more weapons like an extra plasmacaster on his other should and picks up more shurikens and has the mines over his bandolier. Why did Tamashii do the character again and sell it as a "Web Exclusive"? Likely to make more money off of the molding and tooling that went into the figure and the Regular release didn't do as well.

However, Tamashii doesn't specify how "specific" their Web Exclusive policy is. Technically, Vegeta's appearance and look does change slightly from the Android saga to the Cell saga. He gets the yellow boot-tips for one and even goes through his "Super Vegeta" buff incarnation. I would even argue that he looks bigger (and is drawn with more muscle definition) in the Cell saga than the Android saga.

Well lets take a look:

Android Saga:

latest

Cell Saga:

1259504082079_f.jpg
latest

Thought I wasn't cool enough yet for people to look lol I was just going to continue to eat my lunch in corner alone [emoji17]

Thought I wasn't cool enough yet for people to look lol I was just going to continue to eat my lunch in corner alone [emoji17]

Don't worry, you're not alone. I've been on the forum* for a few months and posted a **** load of comments and I'm still not cool enough. :lol

The video was amazingly well done. With that said, the sound effects may have been the best part about it.

Back