S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All are legit, even ssj4 Goku. They werent leaked, they were shown off at a couple events. No kid Buu or super Buu is annoying, but they chose figures to go with Vegito/Gohan so there is logic. Mystic Gohan was too easy, there was no way they werent going to squeeze that mold again.

I think Vegito was November? Might be before that but hes up for preorder anyway! Oh, and manga Gohan has a reissue in April/May, same time Vegito releases.

So I havent really been following this thread for the last few months (One reason being to avoid the new movie(s) spoilers). In any event, I just saw pics of prototypes of super buu, adult gohan, and SS4 Goku have been leaked - are these legit?

Kind of bummed that there is is no Kid Buu or a Super Buu without Z fighter garb. And regarding Gohan: damn they are reusing the Goku body mold again? I would have rather had a Great Saiyakan with regular and SS head that we could have put onto a Goku body ourselves.

Has Bandai/ Bluefin dropped any info on when these figures would be released or if these are the final prototypes?

Also, when did Bluefin/ Tamashii officially announce the Vegetto release? I checked their facebook page and didnt see...

A pretty while ago, I suggest checking out their facebook photos section, which is an easier way to navigate relevant news, dbz figures stand out.

And yeah, despite many people being happy for one reason or another, many of us were taken aback by these choices. One thing to note is that both Buu's and if I recall well, ssj4 goku, still had tags with pending licensor approval. Gohan however, was blank. I take that as gohan being nearer to release than the others, but you could make an argument for the opposite.

And yes, cool pictures everyone! Nice to see people happy with broly.

I recall a magazine scan in Japanese that had all the Vegeto info, with a April release date (Japanese release, mind you)

Broly arrived today! I still can't get over how big he is! Not a fan of the character, but damn is that a badass looking figure.

Oh yeah im new here btw:hi5: i'll try to post a picture of my figures tomorrow but i dont have any cool set up or anything since i've put them away in their box recently :/ but anyway I've been reading this forum since like april and just made an account now so i can talk with everyone on here :yess:

:welcome1:

Don't worry about the set up. It's cool enough to see other's pictures of their collection.

13-haaaa.gif

Normal Goku arrived for me :D Click here to read his little weird food story :)

Android 17 also arrived a few days ago :)

Hey everyone, been stalking the forum for the past week and finally decided to join. Probably wont post often, but wanted an account just to chime in for when i stroll through. I just started collecting figuarts this past year with a mighty morphin green ranger figuart. Now that my MMPR figuarts are all collected i started on dragonball z. So far i've gotten the manga piccolo, super saiyan goku and regular goku and finally broly. I got broly from big bad toy store right before they hiked the price up so i'm super stoked about that. Tomorrow i'm hoping to go to a somewhat distant but not to far from me (there are 3 closer) barnes and noble in hope of finding krillin and android 18 like they say is in stock. Then i just got to convince the wife to let me get them haha. I've also pre ordered vegito and re issued gohan so i'm excited for them and hope ultimate gohan gets released some point this year. Really trying to catch up with all available figures so i can keep up with them and wish i would of started collecting them earlier when trunks and vegeta were cheaper. Anyways i enjoy seeing peoples displays and thought i would introduce myself so i can start flowing in with the convo on these wonderful figures from time to time.

Hey everyone, been stalking the forum for the past week and finally decided to join. Probably wont post often, but wanted an account just to chime in for when i stroll through. I just started collecting figuarts this past year with a mighty morphin green ranger figuart. Now that my MMPR figuarts are all collected i started on dragonball z. So far i've gotten the manga piccolo, super saiyan goku and regular goku and finally broly. I got broly from big bad toy store right before they hiked the price up so i'm super stoked about that. Tomorrow i'm hoping to go to a somewhat distant but not to far from me (there are 3 closer) barnes and noble in hope of finding krillin and android 18 like they say is in stock. Then i just got to convince the wife to let me get them haha. I've also pre ordered vegito and re issued gohan so i'm excited for them and hope ultimate gohan gets released some point this year. Really trying to catch up with all available figures so i can keep up with them and wish i would of started collecting them earlier when trunks and vegeta were cheaper. Anyways i enjoy seeing peoples displays and thought i would introduce myself so i can start flowing in with the convo on these wonderful figures from time to time.

:welcome

If you need help looking for any specific figure, let us know! Sideshow has their own buy/sell forum and other great places. Facebook's Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts webpage has some great deals to begin with, too.

Is it just me or has this thread blown up in the last 12 months?

It's probably because Battle of Gods has rekindled the dormant flame of DBZ love in many a collector (myself included) and a whole lot more people have started collecting this line because of it.

All are legit, even ssj4 Goku. They werent leaked, they were shown off at a couple events. No kid Buu or super Buu is annoying, but they chose figures to go with Vegito/Gohan so there is logic. Mystic Gohan was too easy, there was no way they werent going to squeeze that mold again.

I think Vegito was November? Might be before that but hes up for preorder anyway! Oh, and manga Gohan has a reissue in April/May, same time Vegito releases.

I hope they release one of the Buus (or just the one if the torso change turns to be legit) around the same time as Mystic Gohan.

Mystic Gohan is such a cop-out for a REAL, brand new release and I hope his release date doesn't take up the time-frame of a brand new figure like Buu or someone else new we might see around summertime.

I hope they release one of the Buus (or just the one if the torso change turns to be legit) around the same time as Mystic Gohan.

Mystic Gohan is such a cop-out for a REAL, brand new release and I hope his release date doesn't take up the time-frame of a brand new figure like Buu or someone else new we might see around summertime.

If he's already been approved by the licensor, we may get Ultimate Gohan right before SDCC. Tamashii hasn't announced their June schedule and I wouldn't be surprised to see him announced for that month. Tamashii may surprise us and release a figure every other month. February (Android 16), April (Vegito), June (Ultimate Gohan), (may skip August for SDCC Exclusive), September (Super Buu), and November (Super Saiyan 4 Goku.)

It'll be interesting to see how many will be produced and how long Ultimate Gohan is going to stay at retail.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adult Gohan was the next release. I'm buying Gohan but he's probably my least anticipated. But at least there's more interesting releases too.

What other characters/variations would "benefit" from Goku's body mold?

Yamcha is obvious. Tien could use the pants and arm molds.

Gonstead1414667125.jpeg

Adult Gohan's purple gi could work too. Come to think of it, they could use SSJ4 Goku's lower half for it.

SSJ4 Goku's lower body could be used for Tien and Yamcha too. The arms of SSJ/Regular Goku can be used for all the figures since they're around the same size. They all have those similar baggy pants with the only difference being the shoes. The likely new pieces would then just be faces, torsos and "sleeve" molds.

Yamcha is obvious. Tien could use the pants and arm molds.

View attachment 156058

Adult Gohan's purple gi could work too. Come to think of it, they could use SSJ4 Goku's lower half for it.

SSJ4 Goku's lower body could be used for Tien and Yamcha too. The arms of SSJ/Regular Goku can be used for all the figures since they're around the same size. They all have those similar baggy pants with the only difference being the shoes. The likely new pieces would then just be faces, torsos and "sleeve" molds.

Very good points. Especially with the Super Saiyan 4 Goku's legs for Adult Gohan and Tien. I could see those being reused and repainted. I could see Yamcha and Adult Gohan having the same torso.

Edited: That picture reminded me how excited I am for Super Saiyan 4 Goku. He looks majestic. I really hope it's not just TWO faces.

If and when they make Chibi Goku/Goten/Trunks/Kid Buu, I would imagine the body type would be very similar to Nobita. The figure itself is about the right size for what those characters should be to scale with the others, any bigger & it would have to be Teen Gohan's mold (which is just too big)

image.jpg

Back